• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
My plan was to use amex or axis gyftr or hdfc gyftr to buy Amazon vouchers and then buy tanishq gift cards. This way I get almost 15 percent savings. Hence was checking
Might work, but not worth the risk for a big transaction as in my case.
Hence, I'll either buy local or just swipe the cc to atleast get 5% back for sure.

Might work, but not worth the risk for a big transaction as in my case.
Hence, I'll either buy local or just swipe the cc to atleast get 5% back for sure.
How are you getting 5% off? As Jeweller will put additional CC charges and even infinia or MB does not provide more than 4 % returns.
And how are you getting 15% off?
Buy Amazon Pay vouchers via gyftr using infinia or MB- thats straight 10-15 percent savings. Use those to buy Tanishq giftcards which can be redeemed at any tanishq stores.

How are you getting 5% off? As Jeweller will put additional CC charges and even infinia or MB does not provide more than 4 % returns.

Buy Amazon Pay vouchers via gyftr using infinia or MB- thats straight 10-15 percent savings. Use those to buy Tanishq giftcards which can be redeemed at any tanishq stores.
They don't charge anything on cc payments.
I did harvest payment this July, using apay cc.
Will use Tata Neu infinity.

Just saw your gyftr way.
Looks nice, is it applicable on any normal hdfc cc as I don't have anything except tata neu card.
And are you sure that amazon GV can be used to buy tanishq GV on Amazon?

Anyone used Flipkart axis credit card for gold coin purchase in flipkart app

Do we get the 5% cashback?

Need help, I have not received Points on transaction done at reliance Jewells using HDFC Infinia. The transaction was more than 3L. Anything I missed because I thought Infinia gave points on jewellery purchase. Anyway I can ask the HDFC team to look into it?

Last edited:
Need help, I have not received Points on transaction done at reliance Jewells using HDFC Infinia. The transaction was more than 3L. Anything I missed because I thought Infinia gave points on jewellery purchase. Anyway I can ask the HDFC team to look into it?
First ask the MCC and if it's jewellery, you can raise a complaint that you have not received RPs

Received cashback on my flipkart axis credit card used in purchasing in Tanishq store, that is sweet 1% cashback + additional 1% from cc bill payment using HDFC platinum debit card.

1724564692961.webp

Visa + kalyan jewellers have an offer of 25% on making charges of gold jewellery (min 75K) - but not sure how do they fare on making charges. Tanishq has high making charges while malabar seems low. My assumption is Kalyan would somewhere in between. If anyone has idea, please let me know.
I haven't compared with local jewellers.

Back