• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Sir, just checked Amazon providing only 1% off on Tanishq Gold.
And park plus providing 2% off on both Tanishq and PCJ but denomination is only Rs.5000 which is too less.
Is SBI CB easy to get? And is the provided Limit good in most cases?
You need to have a clarity on
1)Are you buying in store or online
2) If in store , you need to find out if they accept GVs
3) if they accept GVs , are there any restrictions in redeeming GVs.
etc etc

Yes Amazon 1% + SBI CB 5%
Yes park+ is capped at 5K max
Yes, if you already have a SBI Card easy to get. The limit will be less compared to other cards just transfer some limit from your existing SBI card by calling the CC
Ok, so I got only Amazon 1% as an option.
Ain't got any relations with SBI. Only have HDFC and ICICI cards with 4.3L and 2L

You need to have a clarity on
1)Are you buying in store or online
2) If in store , you need to find out if they accept GVs
3) if they accept GVs , are there any restrictions in redeeming GVs.
etc etc
I am sure about Instore sir.
But how do I know if they accept GV?

Reactions: SSV
I am sure about Instore sir.
But how do I know if they accept GV?
Call them / visit them and ask if they accept their own GVs..
Need 4o do a bit of research before you finalize your plan.
Which city / town you are from? It may depemd on place to place shop to shop as well in some cases.

Which city / town you are from? It may depemd on place to place shop to shop as well in some cases.
Sir I am in Yamunanagar, Haryana.
The Tanishq and PCJ stores have been here since long ago.
My parents used to visit Tanishq when I was very young and they used to provide some encircle cards back in the day.
I can contact them this evening regarding these questions.

Sir I am in Yamunanagar, Haryana.
The Tanishq and PCJ stores have been here since long ago.
My parents used to visit Tanishq when I was very young and they used to provide some encircle cards back in the day.
I can contact them this evening regarding these questions.
Excellent.. very good and all the best...
You may ask them all different payment options available and also ask them no4 to charge anything extra on CC PAYMENTS as you are a regular since your father generation...
Now someone can even helo here if they are from this town...

All the best..
Find out info, we will figure it out the plan

Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.
My suggestions :-
1)First check on Amazon/Gyftr for gift card.
2) Call Store and confirm any credit card offer is going on or not.
Compare both offers decide based on them.If no offer go for any card with gold as exclusion.

Qu
Update sir, none receive gift cards. Credit cards accepted.

I thought so..
SO they dont accpet Gift cards ...
SO now back to the best rewarding Credit card for Gold purchases..
You have to recommend that as well sir, you're the expert.
Already have neu for tanishq and Apay credit card.
Any other good card which I can acquire, paid or free is not an issue if I am able to cover the cost.

You have to recommend that as well sir, you're the expert.
Already have neu for tanishq and Apay credit card.
Any other good card which I can acquire, paid or free is not an issue if I am able to cover the cost.
Actually I never bought Gold from the Shop..
I always bought Gold online ie. Gold coins .. at a good discount to the market price then..

Okay coming back to your questin of in Store Gold purchases..
It seems IDFC Vistara is one option.. I will do a bit of research and then let you know..
Meanwhile others can chip in..
When are you planning to make this purchase?

Actually I never bought Gold from the Shop..
I always bought Gold online ie. Gold coins .. at a good discount to the market price then..

Okay coming back to your questin of in Store Gold purchases..
It seems IDFC Vistara is one option.. I will do a bit of research and then let you know..
Meanwhile others can chip in..
When are you planning to make this purchase?
Ok sir.
Within 15 days sir.

Within 15 days sir.
okay sure..
Meanwhile do some research on IDFC Vistara..
and some related threads...

okay sure..
Meanwhile do some research on IDFC Vistara..
and some related threads...

Sir, I've got a new update.
This might feel odd but this evening I was telling mom about this tanishq ordeal and she told me that she had to pay some investment installment there which she does by cash.
So I went there on behalf and they received my Apay credit card and I received this text.
Is there any way to know if I will surely get cashback on this or not.
Secondly, when I talked to them directly on counter, they said they were fine with gift voucher of any denomination and will accept it on any purchase.

So the verdict is I can use gift voucher at tanishq, but I guess using 5000rs one's won't be ideal.
So please take this into your thought

This is the screenshot of Today's payment at Tanishq
Open the Amazon app under the Amazon Pay section Apay ICICI Card > Recent Transaction > View All >All (Verify with OTP) All Payment & Rewards details Mentioned
Note: Maximum Last 2 billing Cycle transactions can be viewed

I don't recommend using CC
Also, I heard AU Lit gives rewards for Jewellery purchases not sure about this one.
Yes on AU some offer is going on for in-store jewellery shopping

BCFAE3D59C9720CB76E21AADE6DEB27C.png

Back