• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Btw I also want to know branded jewellers which have lesser making charges as I am also planning my wedding. Anyone having expertise around that please share.
Go for Malabar, they have good making charges actually. Especially if you take their 11 months scheme.

I was looking at your Amex refer and found that they are giving 1st year free plus rs.4500 flipkart voucher on purchases of rs.1.9lacs.
Is it true? Any catch for any merchanr
no catch bro. it is true. ill even share amazon gv with u. u may explore other cards like membership rewards credit card by clicking on View all cards button on the same link page

If you use an Amex referral and get the platinum travel, it has milestone benefits so your purchase at tanishq or any gold merchant accepting CC should be covered. Milestones are 1.9 lakhs and 4 lakhs and you will get 15k and additional 25k (total 40k) MR points and a Taj 10k voucher (which can be sold at 70% value if you are not interested in it).

It's also First Year Free using referral!

If you use an Amex referral and get the platinum travel, it has milestone benefits so your purchase at tanishq or any gold merchant accepting CC should be covered.
but for the 1st 6 months, your card might or might not work at jewellery stores. because per amex, it's shouldn't, in the 1st 6 months, but practically saw many ppl using it fine. you can check & see

As per the information found on websites PCJ making charges on wedding Jewellery is in ballpark of 15 whereas in Tanishq its 25.
My family is leaning more towards tanishq still, as they have purchased from there before and no one visits our local PCJ (dont know why)
15% and 25%?

If you use an Amex referral and get the platinum travel, it has milestone benefits so your purchase at tanishq or any gold merchant accepting CC should be covered. Milestones are 1.9 lakhs and 4 lakhs and you will get 15k and additional 25k (total 40k) MR points and a Taj 10k voucher (which can be sold at 70% value if you are not interested in it).

It's also First Year Free using referral!
+ You can use amex to buy gift card, double dip...

+ You can use amex to buy gift card, double dip...
Sir, I've heard that Amazon pay card and SBI cashback card doesn't provide any cashback on gift card purchases.
So the deal is I will buy 2 units of Rs.1lac Tanishq gold jewellery GC from Amazon (screenshot below), and will get 1% off.
My total will be 1.98 Lacs.
Now I already have an Apay card but some gentlemen above told me that I would get cashback only if seller's name is Amazon pvt. ltd., which was not the case as I checked on otp page.
So, is it true?
And which card should I use then? Apay which I already have, or apply which one? Amex or SBI Cashback.
I prefer Statement cashback or Amazon or Flipkart GV (in ascending preference).

And my other 1-2lacs of spending this year will be at offline stores. Not sure they'll accept amex or not. so please help.

@SSV

Attachments

• Screenshot (105).webp
    Screenshot (105).webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 17
Also thinking of opening HDFC saving max account to pay off bills, does it still give 1% back till Rs.750 and is there any other account for my purpose which can provide more cashback.

Also found Amazon pay gv, amazon shopping gv (0.5% off), and tanishq gold jewelry gv (0.5% off) on Tata neu app.
But maximum denomination is rs.10k.
So, will using Tata neu card provide extra 10% coins? or no coins on gift card purchases?

Sir, I've heard that Amazon pay card and SBI cashback card doesn't provide any cashback on gift card purchases.
So the deal is I will buy 2 units of Rs.1lac Tanishq gold jewellery GC from Amazon (screenshot below), and will get 1% off.
Now I already have an Apay card but some gentlemen above told me that I would get cashback only if seller's name is Amazon pvt. ltd., which was not the case as I checked on otp page.
So, is it true?
And which card should I use then? Apay which I already have, or apply which one? Amex or SBI Cashback.

And my other 1-2lacs of spending this year will be at offline stores. Not sure they'll accept amex or not. so please help.

@SSV
Do you have tata neu infinity or tata neu plus?

If you have tata neu infinity, you can directly swipe it at Tanishq for 5% cashback (max limit 6L)

Do you have tata neu infinity or tata neu plus?

If you have tata neu infinity, you can directly swipe it at Tanishq for 5% cashback (max limit 6L)
Yeah, I know that already sir, and can you please tell me the best way to use these coins?
Also, I was asking on the forum for better cashback and Statement credit if possible, hence if you have any other card in your mind, please do let know.

So, is it true?
Both the cards give 5% CB when the Merchant name is " Amazon India Pvt Ltd".
Don't buy GV directly swipe Tata Neu Plus/Infinity or Apay Card for CB
Or Get the SBI CB and Buy a few 5K gift cards from park + at 6.9%"(2% instant + 5%CB SBI CB)

Apay or Amex but Amex has an acceptability issue offline.
Get Pineperks Rupay 10K cards from Amazon use them offline and enjoy 5% CB offline

Back