• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for Gold Jewellery purchases on different outlets.

Raghav2006

TF Select
Hello everyone,
As the gold price has fallen this week, my family is thinking of buying some gold jewelry from either Tanishq or PCJ. The total purchases might go north of 2lacs.
I already know about Tata Neu card and have that and wanted to know if any other good credit card is there to get for this purchase (not Amex), direct cashback or amazon/flipkart/tanishq/pcj GV is preferred, which I can acquire in tier 2/3 as well.
The credit might be used to buy gold from Local gold merchants in NCR region as well.
Also, if it's in anyone's knowledge, which one out of PCJ and Tanishq charges less making on gold jewelry, and are negotiations done?
Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
I have swiped DCB at jewellery shops and got 3.3% rewards. They generally don't charge extra for using cards for buying jewellery. But they do charge extra for buying gold coins with cc.

Yes on AU some offer is going on for in-store jewellery shopping

BCFAE3D59C9720CB76E21AADE6DEB27C.png
Looks good, but won't be able to claim it, as
1) Have to apply the card.
2) The offer would end by then.
But thanks.

I have swiped DCB at jewellery shops and got 3.3% rewards. They generally don't charge extra for using cards for buying jewellery. But they do charge extra for buying gold coins with cc.
Can you tell me on way to get my hands on DCB ltf?
Let income credit is above 1L and ITR is in ball park of 15L
Have HDFC NEU PLUS ltf already.

you will definitely get 1% CB on this ..
Sir, I looked at Club Vistara IDFC card, provides good value, but it is very unlikely for my family to have any domestic flights in next 1 year.
And I also looked at a thread you shared about IndusInd bank.
I saw that their select credit card provides cashback on CC bill payment just like HDFC cards.
Can you please tell me more about this?

I do it via AMEX card through Amazon voucher via gyftr for paying the schemes . Very seamless and getting good overall benefit.
Sir, I looked at amazon for Tanishq GV as well but SBI Cashback won't work on it, hence it's only 1% off, just like Apay CC

Can you tell me on way to get my hands on DCB ltf?
Let income credit is above 1L and ITR is in ball park of 15L
Have HDFC NEU PLUS ltf already.
I got it LTF through alumni offer, which is not available now.. You might be able to get DCB metal as FYF through alumni channel if you are eligible for the offer.. You might also be able to upgrade if you are having existing HDFC card. But not sure about LTF.

If you're even buying from branded stores, and doing payments through gift cards always try to negotiate as well. They have making charges, gst etc. in case of kalyan jewellers they were even charging charges for gemstones like ruby etc.

I would suggest to lookout for lab grown diamonds if looking for diamond jewellery, if budget is not the constraint then buy diamond jewellery from branded stores but don't hesitate to negotiate, they've room for negotiations which you may not know.

Now for gold you may not get much discount but I think you can negotiate on making charges etc.

I know that you may not sell these jewelleries but when the design get older you may want to exchange them for something new so keep that in mind as well.

Btw I also want to know branded jewellers which have lesser making charges as I am also planning my wedding. Anyone having expertise around that please share.

I got it LTF through alumni offer, which is not available now.. You might be able to get DCB metal as FYF through alumni channel if you are eligible for the offer.. You might also be able to upgrade if you are having existing HDFC card. But not sure about LTF.
Got it, thanks

Btw I also want to know branded jewellers which have lesser making charges as I am also planning my wedding. Anyone having expertise around that please share.
As per the information found on websites PCJ making charges on wedding Jewellery is in ballpark of 15 whereas in Tanishq its 25.
My family is leaning more towards tanishq still, as they have purchased from there before and no one visits our local PCJ (dont know why)

buy amazon gv using sbi cb. and using that buy tanishq gv.
I was looking at your Amex refer and found that they are giving 1st year free plus rs.4500 flipkart voucher on purchases of rs.1.9lacs.
Is it true? Any catch for any merchanr

Yes Amazon 1% + SBI CB 5%
Yes park+ is capped at 5K max
Yes, if you already have a SBI Card easy to get. The limit will be less compared to other cards just transfer some limit from your existing SBI card by calling the CC
How are you getting 1% off on Amazon ? I see 1% in T&C of tanishq voucher but on payment page it does not show any discount?

Back