• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for School education spends

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I have tried to post this topic on various threads without much response and Seldom see posts from other users asking similar question. While not useful to many, Education fees goes into lacs for many and is a big expense.

In my case, the fees is collected via an App called Eduqfix. The School doesn't accept fees except cheque. Eduqfix charges certain fees for using a credit card. Also, many cards do not get cashback/ Points for paying school fees as per MCC code.

I was considering getting something like a Kotak IOCL Rupay or Tata neu infinity credit card to make UPI payment for school fees.

What are the thoughts of other card holders?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Has anybody tried payment of school fees via UPI with a Rupay Card?
Does it work?
Yes.... I have scanned QR code of school and used Tata neu Infinity. Received reward points

It all depends on which MCC they use and whether schools allows payment via rupay cc. Some may disable it due to MDR issues.

But try it out and only then you will know. There is no standard answer

ghask

TF Buzz
Anyone is aware of other portal(s) from which I can make the payment? My college only accepts payments to their bank account - they dont have a payment link/portal

Indrajeet100

TF Buzz
I have tried to post this topic on various threads without much response and Seldom see posts from other users asking similar question. While not useful to many, Education fees goes into lacs for many and is a big expense.

In my case, the fees is collected via an App called Eduqfix. The School doesn't accept fees except cheque. Eduqfix charges certain fees for using a credit card. Also, many cards do not get cashback/ Points for paying school fees as per MCC code.

I was considering getting something like a Kotak IOCL Rupay or Tata neu infinity credit card to make UPI payment for school fees.

What are the thoughts of other card holders?
I use HDFC Millennium Credit card. Education is included in 1% cb but there is capping of 1000per month so get 1000max so I do no other spend on that card in month I pay fees. Plus there is 1000 Amazon pay voucher on milestone spend of 1lac in a quarter which is achieved by fees payment.

Last edited:

jeevanreddy58

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have tried with tataneu infinity card by scanning qr code at school. No reward points received.. when I checked with customer care, they saying it is under rental payment.. 😒
update :logged ticket with TataNeu support. They asked me to check with Hdfc as MCC issue, can not do much from TataNeu. With Hdfc, Clearly mentioned that it is not rent payment. It is school payment. They asked me for invoice from school. I submitted it. They agreed and provided as NeuCoins Exceptional for the payment.
Neu customer support team is very quick. Mostly they reply in 1 day. Hdfc support team take 3-4 days

Last edited: