• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for School education spends

devarshi84

TF Buzz
I have tried to post this topic on various threads without much response and Seldom see posts from other users asking similar question. While not useful to many, Education fees goes into lacs for many and is a big expense.

In my case, the fees is collected via an App called Eduqfix. The School doesn't accept fees except cheque. Eduqfix charges certain fees for using a credit card. Also, many cards do not get cashback/ Points for paying school fees as per MCC code.

I was considering getting something like a Kotak IOCL Rupay or Tata neu infinity credit card to make UPI payment for school fees.

What are the thoughts of other card holders?

I have tried to post this topic on various threads without much response and Seldom see posts from other users asking similar question. While not useful to many, Education fees goes into lacs for many and is a big expense.

In my case, the fees is collected via an App called Eduqfix. The School doesn't accept fees except cheque. Eduqfix charges certain fees for using a credit card. Also, many cards do not get cashback/ Points for paying school fees as per MCC code.

I was considering getting something like a Kotak IOCL Rupay or Tata neu infinity credit card to make UPI payment for school fees.

What are the thoughts of other card holders?
HDFC Bank DCB gives reward points. I have used it for education fee and got reward points for the transaction. Attached the snapshot of the transaction

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024_0702_155238.png
    Screenshot_2024_0702_155238.png
    9 KB · Views: 29
HDFC has excluded education.
"With effect from 1st January 2023:
  1. Rent payment and Education related transactions will not earn reward points."

Applicable to business cards

Infinia / DCB / Neu Infinity is not excluded... I have paid multiple times and received reward points also

HDFC has excluded education.
"With effect from 1st January 2023:
  1. Rent payment and Education related transactions will not earn reward points."

I have received the reward points with my DCB credit card. Paid in the month of April 2024, still got the points

I have below cards

Which one I should use for my upcoming school fee payment of 80k?

My children school portal accepts Visa,MC,Rupay only

Tata neu infinity LTF
Hsbc cashback Paid
Regalia LTF
Axis Airtel Paid
ICICI apay LTF

Last edited:
I have below cards

Which one I should use for my upcoming school fee payment of 80k?

My children school portal accepts Visa,MC,Rupay only and has 2.5% Razor payment charges for using CC

Tata neu infinity LTF
Hsbc cashback Paid
Regalia LTF
Axis Airtel Paid
ICICI apay LTF
None of the above cards reward any thing near to 2.5% , so even if edu in included category, you wont get anything.

Back