• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Lifetime Free Issues

#aniket

TF Legend
Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285 @Rkr
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.

Attachments

• 1704818140363.jpg
    1704818140363.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 1704818071400.jpg
    1704818071400.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Solution
Same issue bro, despite having the proofs for kotak Indian oil card as free, including their agent assurance of lifetime free, whatsapp chat, charges as zero during application , I am writing to them on their credit cards email for the last 1 month, Everytime they are asking for proofs despite shared for 8 times already. Their nodal and PNO are equally pathetic as Exec and bafoons. I got frustrated with kotak bank behavior. Today placed a closure request After 2 months of card issuance. Their retention team happily approved and created a closure request. I didn't get help till banking ombudsman, No response from PNO and Ombudsman. You better try once.
@suryatejad Bro don't close it...I can relate with your frustration...
2l milestone is good.
Seeing rupay .
8 pvr ticket
You can check your Amz Pay ICICI card on Flipkart during Republic Day Sales. 😂

Considering those benefits along with unlimited 1.25% cashback is not a bad deal even if it's chargeable 500+GST.

Get 1 Yr Prime Subscription for free as it's Rupay Select card from Rupay website, if not availed.

You can check your Amz Pay ICICI card on Flipkart during Republic Day Sales. 😂

Considering those benefits along with unlimited 1.25% cashback is not a bad deal even if it's chargeable 500+GST.

Get 1 Yr Prime Subscription for free as it's Rupay Select card from Rupay website, if not availed.
Its not wellness card just normal select..

500 from Myntra too .
1000 over-all welcome benefit. Since i applied via Myntra app

@ray8285 Thank You bro 🙏🙂 Yeah it's distressing to deal with them, they all talk differently and most of them are uneducated and having lack of information and all. Irony is that even on asking if it's so when Annual Charges will be lieved, he put on hold calculated then replied may be in Jan as Rupay is issued in Jan, but I asked give particular date, he can't. 🤣
Problem is that they do not train them, especially due low traction in this industry... No one has a clue what they are saying or doing or even what the product is .. There have been times when I had to educate them pertaining the product.. This nuisance is relevant even with ICICI, RBL, IndusInd etc... only amex seems to train their execs, at least to an extent !

I was going to get Privy just to get KOTAK cc .. somehow i got cc just with application
You do NOT need privy relationship to get a Kotak CC !!!! Unless you are a PRIVY black member the entire programme is useless where most times they do not even assign a RM if your existing one leaves to another bank !! I even have their Privy credit card which now is worse than even a entry level card.. have just kept it open for credit age in CIBIL ..

@S S V I have shared the info that I have Email from the CC department stating it's LTF, though they are not willing to acknowledge and fix the discrepancy. 😐
First thing, just chill..
As you already mentioned that you get different answers from different people , so you will never be certain that yours is free or not..
Secondly,
As the product itself is being issued LTF now, most likely it is LTF for you as well…
Lastly, you start taking up this issue only after you are charged of any fees as you have strong evidence
and meanwhile start enjoying Kotaking if you can and will !!!

Last edited:
You do NOT need privy relationship to get a Kotak CC !!!! Unless you are a PRIVY black member the entire programme is useless where most times they do not even assign a RM if your existing one leaves to another bank !! I even have their Privy credit card which now is worse than even a entry level card.. have just kept it open for credit age in CIBIL ..
Ahh i got the card.
Just want le ..68K limit 😐

As you already have a written confirmation from bank stating that card is LTF, then relax and do not bother with the other customer care.

If you got charges on the card, then raise the complaint to the Customer care and demand reversal of the charges. If they delay or deny, then you can go to RBI with the email and file complaint. they will surely refund the charges.

First thing, just chill..
As you already mentioned that you get different answers from different people , so you will never be certain that yours is free or not..
Secondly,
As the product itself is being issued LTF now, most likely it is LTF for you as well…
Lastly, you start taking up this issue only after you are charged of any fees as you have strong evidence
and meanwhile start enjoying Kotaking if you can and will !!!
@S S V Thank you bro, will do that. 😅

As you already have a written confirmation from bank stating that card is LTF, then relax and do not bother with the other customer care.

If you got charges on the card, then raise the complaint to the Customer care and demand reversal of the charges. If they delay or deny, then you can go to RBI with the email and file complaint. they will surely refund the charges.
@abhiver Thank You bro for your suggestion.

New Year Limit will be offered as per one executive
Kotak execs can give Kapil Sharma a run for his money (Pun Intended) .. :ROFLMAO: ... You cannot be serious in believing what Kotak executives say .. If card usage is good they give enhancements every 6 months .. With Kotak use the card as much as possible without following the 30% CU ratio if you want good LE .. Happy Kotaking :ROFLMAO:

Kotak execs can give Kapil Sharma a run for his money (Pun Intended) .. :ROFLMAO: ... You cannot be serious in believing what Kotak executives say .. If card usage is good they give enhancements every 6 months .. With Kotak use the card as much as possible without following the 30% CU ratio if you want good LE .. Happy Kotaking :ROFLMAO:
@ray8285 Yes, the one who has less CU ratio, their limit was decreased few days ago. 😂

By the way, guide me how to deregister not able to proceed, I can't find confirm button for the same.😂

Also, why name is not showing on UPI.

Attachments

• 1704854026783.jpg
    1704854026783.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240110_080810_573.jpg
    IMG_20240110_080810_573.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 16
Back