• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Lifetime Free Issues

#aniket

TF Legend
Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285 @Rkr
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.

Attachments

• 1704818140363.jpg
    1704818140363.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 1704818071400.jpg
    1704818071400.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Solution
Same issue bro, despite having the proofs for kotak Indian oil card as free, including their agent assurance of lifetime free, whatsapp chat, charges as zero during application , I am writing to them on their credit cards email for the last 1 month, Everytime they are asking for proofs despite shared for 8 times already. Their nodal and PNO are equally pathetic as Exec and bafoons. I got frustrated with kotak bank behavior. Today placed a closure request After 2 months of card issuance. Their retention team happily approved and created a closure request. I didn't get help till banking ombudsman, No response from PNO and Ombudsman. You better try once.
@suryatejad Bro don't close it...I can relate with your frustration...
I am not sure of others experience with Kotak.

According to my experience , Kotak is the best bank when it comes to customer service.

If you need a LTF card , try to get a chargeable card like PVR any cards which doesn't have any joining fees , use it for 3 to 6 months , then ask them you want to convert it to LTF , they might give lot of cards as LTF but not same PVR or cobranded cards.

Tips :

Use the card for 3 to 6 months, then Call customer care ask them to transfer the call to retention team make sure you call them on weekdays , as weekends retention team won't be available.

They will immediately transfer it , they will ask the reason why you're cancelling the card , say it as fees.

They will convert it to some other cards for LTF but remember you must use the card at a good rate or else they might not consider your request.

I am not sure of others experience with Kotak.

According to my experience , Kotak is the best bank when it comes to customer service.

If you need a LTF card , try to get a chargeable card like PVR any cards which doesn't have any joining fees , use it for 3 to 6 months , then ask them you want to convert it to LTF , they might give lot of cards as LTF but not same PVR or cobranded cards.

Tips :

Use the card for 3 to 6 months, then Call customer care ask them to transfer the call to retention team make sure you call them on weekdays , as weekends retention team won't be available.

They will immediately transfer it , they will ask the reason why you're cancelling the card , say it as fees.

They will convert it to some other cards for LTF but remember you must use the card at a good rate or else they might not consider your request.
@Sai Ganesh I don't know based on what you're saying best bank, customer support is awful at the first place especially Social Media Team, Executives available through phone call and branch staffs as per my experience. Similarl experience was faced by Privy Customer @ray8285 82 having relationship for 9 Years+ (https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-card-lifetime-free-issues.21706/post-486781)

The matter is my card was converted into LTF through exchange of emails, evident from the screenshots attached, but later on inquiring through phone call and social media, they are stating that it's chargeable.

Last edited:
I don't understand all these discussion what was the need to convert to RuPay
Initially Kotak was refusing any varient change later they were having chargeable IOCL
But in the end they gave a additional free virtual RuPay card with the same existing credit limit to all it's visa users

I also got one, But i feel the craze of RuPay card is decreasing day by day as most of merchants are not accepting that in UPI QR

I m waiting to get additional LIFETIME FREE RuPay card against existing card I m successful till now with ICICI, Yes Bank, kotak, indusind
not possible for those having 3 cards with AXIS not sure with SBI, RBL
HDFC is excellent you just need a call, they will replace your existing card to RuPay

I may be wrong if someone wants to use RuPay card physically.

I don't understand all these discussion what was the need to convert to RuPay
Initially Kotak was refusing any varient change later they were having chargeable IOCL
@sandipnandi16 Yes, I am aware about Kotak Virtual UPI Rupay card but it has some limitations. That's why Rupay was required instead virtual rupay issued based on Visa.
But in the end they gave a additional free virtual RuPay card with the same existing credit limit to all it's visa users
However many are unaware about this, bank also not promoting this one as such neither offering while asking for card conversion into Rupay nor through any notification.
I also got one, But i feel the craze of RuPay card is decreasing day by day as most of merchants are not accepting that in UPI QR
Yeah, this sucks totally, what is the purpose if it's disabled from the merchant side. There should be provision that the payment will get accepted<=2000. And the decision to disable should lie with the merchant>2k only. But this is not happening.😐
I m waiting to get additional LIFETIME FREE RuPay card against existing card I m successful till now with ICICI, Yes Bank, kotak, indusind
not possible for those having 3 cards with AXIS not sure with SBI, RBL
HDFC is excellent you just need a call, they will replace your existing card to RuPay
I have seen SBI is entertaining the request for conversion.
I may be wrong if someone wants to use RuPay card physically.

@sandipnandi16 Yes, I am aware about Kotak Virtual UPI Rupay card but it has some limitations. That's why Rupay was required instead virtual rupay issued based on Visa.

However many are unaware about this, bank also not promoting this one as such neither offering while asking for card conversion into Rupay nor through any notification.

Yeah, this sucks totally, what is the purpose if it's disabled from the merchant side. There should be provision that the payment will get accepted<=2000. And the decision to disable should lie with the merchant>2k only. But this is not happening.😐

I have seen SBI is entertaining the request for conversion.
For SBI, use this word - FLIP; they will understand very quickly, and they have been doing so for quite some time now, just need to know their dictionary.

@Sai Ganesh I don't know based on what you're saying best bank, customer support is awful at the first place especially Social Media Team, Executives available through phone call and branch staffs as per my experience. Similarl experience was faced by Privy Customer @ray8285 82 having relationship for 9 Years+ (https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-card-lifetime-free-issues.21706/post-486781)

The matter is my card was converted into LTF through exchange of emails, evident from the screenshots attached, but later on inquiring through phone call and social media, they are stating that it's chargeable.
I agree with you bro , I just said my experience with Kotak it may vary person to person.

I hold 3 cc with kotak now and all LTF.

All these I got in 1 call , so no hassles for me regarding Kotak.

That too I don't hold any account with them.

I agree with you bro , I just said my experience with Kotak it may vary person to person.

I hold 3 cc with kotak now and all LTF.

All these I got in 1 call , so no hassles for me regarding Kotak.

That too I don't hold any account with them.
@Sai Ganesh Only two are being issued na? Or there's no limit? Also, through your RM or just calling last 2666 number? Would you mind sharing the portfolio of Kotak and how you made them LTF through one call?

@Sai Ganesh Only two are being issued na? Or there's no limit? Also, through your RM or just calling last 2666 number? Would you mind sharing the portfolio of Kotak and how you made them LTF through one call?
When i spoke to Kotak customer care , they are saying no limit with kotak on credit cards , but your limits will be merged to all the cards.

One of my friend is holding 6 as of now , i am chasing him to add 3 more to my list :ROFLMAO:.

Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285 @Rkr
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.
I also got stuck in similar type of situations with kotak bank

I put closure request along with complaint to RBI

Finally they gave me kotak zen signature card in a replacment of kotak pvr card

I also got stuck in similar type of situations with kotak bank

I put closure request along with complaint to RBI

Finally they gave me kotak zen signature card in a replacment of kotak pvr card
@Shubham Yadav See what they have replied today?😂

Disgusting.

So your Zen Signature is LTF na after complaining?

Kindly explain your fight journey it may help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110-171833.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110-171833.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 11
When i spoke to Kotak customer care , they are saying no limit with kotak on credit cards , but your limits will be merged to all the cards.

One of my friend is holding 6 as of now , i am chasing him to add 3 more to my list :ROFLMAO:.
@Sai Ganesh Wow 6 cards, but multi card system policy is in existence from few months na?

Also,
You haven't replied my all questions, so the questions which are still left are:

How you made LTF free through one phone call and by dailing
which number?

Also, you haven't replied which 3 cards you hold with Kotak.

Kindly do reply to each questions.

@Shubham Yadav See what they have replied today?😂

Disgusting.

So your Zen Signature is LTF na after complaining?

Kindly explain your fight journey it may help me.
Read this

this is my old post and let me know if you have any other question

On 28 November 2023, I received a call from an agent of Kotak Mahindra Bank that A lifetime free credit card was being offered to me based on a pre-approved offer. I double-checked with her and a promise was made to me that some code had been applied to the credit card from her side so my card would become lifetime free then I proceeded with the application and my card was approved with a limit of 98000. Kotak pvr inox visa platinum.

Upon checking with customer care it came to my knowledge that my card is chargeable.

Now this was completely unacceptable and intolerant. So I decided not to activate the card and leave it as it is.

But after 2 to 3 days I made up my mind to raise this matter with appropriate matter. I filed a complaint against Kotak in the RBI ombudsman portal for fraud sale of a product and also I put in a cancellation request for a credit card. Twitter DM and public post.

Today I received a call from the retention team after explaining my current disappointment with the bank they finally accepted their mistake and are ready to rectify that mistake.

In the end, they upgraded my PVR card to a Zen signature card that too lifetime free.

screenshot_20231216_214917_gmail-jpg.37635

Back