• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Lifetime Free Issues

#aniket

TF Legend
Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285 @Rkr
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.

Attachments

• 1704818140363.jpg
    1704818140363.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 1704818071400.jpg
    1704818071400.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109-220606.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Solution
Same issue bro, despite having the proofs for kotak Indian oil card as free, including their agent assurance of lifetime free, whatsapp chat, charges as zero during application , I am writing to them on their credit cards email for the last 1 month, Everytime they are asking for proofs despite shared for 8 times already. Their nodal and PNO are equally pathetic as Exec and bafoons. I got frustrated with kotak bank behavior. Today placed a closure request After 2 months of card issuance. Their retention team happily approved and created a closure request. I didn't get help till banking ombudsman, No response from PNO and Ombudsman. You better try once.
@suryatejad Bro don't close it...I can relate with your frustration...
Read this

this is my old post and let me know if you have any other question

On 28 November 2023, I received a call from an agent of Kotak Mahindra Bank that A lifetime free credit card was being offered to me based on a pre-approved offer. I double-checked with her and a promise was made to me that some code had been applied to the credit card from her side so my card would become lifetime free then I proceeded with the application and my card was approved with a limit of 98000. Kotak pvr inox visa platinum.

Upon checking with customer care it came to my knowledge that my card is chargeable.

Now this was completely unacceptable and intolerant. So I decided not to activate the card and leave it as it is.

But after 2 to 3 days I made up my mind to raise this matter with appropriate matter. I filed a complaint against Kotak in the RBI ombudsman portal for fraud sale of a product and also I put in a cancellation request for a credit card. Twitter DM and public post.

Today I received a call from the retention team after explaining my current disappointment with the bank they finally accepted their mistake and are ready to rectify that mistake.

In the end, they upgraded my PVR card to a Zen signature card that too lifetime free.

screenshot_20231216_214917_gmail-jpg.37635
@Shubham Yadav Not able to view your screenshot and also what was the take of RBI, also they have upgraded your card in Zen, this one of the best card of Kotak.

Seems you had no any previous relationship with Kotak before applying for PVR card? So one agent called you directly and offered you LTF card. 😅

@Sai Ganesh Wow 6 cards, but multi card system policy is in existence from few months na?

Also,
You haven't replied my all questions, so the questions which are still left are:

How you made LTF free through one phone call and by dailing
which number?

Also, you haven't replied which 3 cards you hold with Kotak.

Kindly do reply to each questions.
Kotak customer care number starts with 1860.

I hold zen,league platinum and upi for LTF.

Note: One who don't want to read the lengthy texts, you can read the last two short paragraph only.

@TechnoFino @chandra.prakash @DocFixIt @abhishek.k @RajeshV @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh @ashwink @anirbanm @PRADYJAIN @anirban.choudhury @MOhit __ @RajMahadik @Sahilhenzy @kpravinramesh @iamabhisekagar @Chaitanya-a @4uziaul @VISHESH_BANSAL @ray8285 @Rkr
Hi everyone (mentioned members and others also), I am new to this network and also for Credit Card, I have had Banking A/c with Kotak and CC too, I had requested to convert League Visa into Rupay, this took a long period of time, pathetic service from Social Media team especially, Twitter, but on submitting my concern through the website itself I got responded at least in positive way though it's time taking and lengthy process to follow-up now and then, I got
replied stating that it will take some time after clearing Outstanding Balance and will get processed, but with joining and annual fees both.

Then I had replied that you're offering this card as life time free for the time being and not only this this offer is in the existence since few months by the name of festive offer and all. I had shared screenshots of the application and ads available on Facebook and Instagram, even mentioned on their website as 499/Nil.

Based on this, I have said to take into consideration as I am old customer having prior relationship that you can't make partiality and all.

So I got reply again, but with some excuses that the request will be taken lately due to some technical issues and all, it's obvious the Executive was not same after some follow-up and fights, my request was taken for conversion through call, before that I had sent a mail that as per previous conversation and their instructions now the process can begin.

So, after mailing, I had to called couple of times and then only request number was generated. After 1-2 days, I have received an email also from CC department against my mail, that my request for card conversion with the same reference number as LTF is under process, after conversion I had mailed to reconfirm whether it's LFT or not on the same conversation, again I got respond stating my card number and name with variant as LTF, but upon enquiry with Social Media Team, Executive through call, all of them are responding that the card is chargeable.

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mas

I got know having the relationship that mostly all customer support executives or others are dumb, they all talk differently, mostly they even don't know what to do, how to do, what is the procedures and all. I am anxious. What to do I have written evidence from the official mail ID of Credit Card Department as a reply under my first mail.
Same issue bro, despite having the proofs for kotak Indian oil card as free, including their agent assurance of lifetime free, whatsapp chat, charges as zero during application , I am writing to them on their credit cards email for the last 1 month, Everytime they are asking for proofs despite shared for 8 times already. Their nodal and PNO are equally pathetic as Exec and bafoons. I got frustrated with kotak bank behavior. Today placed a closure request After 2 months of card issuance. Their retention team happily approved and created a closure request. I didn't get help till banking ombudsman, No response from PNO and Ombudsman. You better try once.

@suryatejad Bro don't close it...I can relate with your frustration because of their behaviour.

Cancel your closure request and lodge your complaint with RBI BO, attached documentary evidence and don't forget to ask monetary compensation, atleast 5k.

Your main proof will be CC application if it was mentioned there or e-mail.

If you don't have any of these, then give a try with call recording and WhatsApp chat. Kotak will be responsible for the acts of their employees, if the agent was authorised one, i.e, if he was an employee instead of fake one, firstly find if he was genuine employee or some third party and proceed with it.

Solution
@suryatejad Bro don't close it...I can relate with your frustration because of their behaviour.

Cancel your closure request and lodge your complaint with RBI BO, attached documentary evidence and don't forget to ask monetary compensation, atleast 5k.

Your main proof will be CC application if it was mentioned there or e-mail.

If you don't have any of these, then give a try with call recording and WhatsApp chat. Kotak will be responsible for the acts of their employees, if the agent was authorised one, i.e, if he was an employee instead of fake one, firstly find if he was genuine employee or some third party and proceed with it.
Seems They are third party bro. However they are connected to the bank. After my complaint to kotak They called me many times and requested me to close the complaint. I didn't agree. Today I felt it is wasting my time and energy with follow up emails later I will apply if I get any offers from axis Indian oil card as LTF.

After my complaint to kotak They called me many times and requested me to close the complaint.
You have made compliant to PNO desk or even RBI BO? Since they have called you many time and requested to close the complaint, I guess, RBI BO was involved.
I didn't agree. Today I felt it is wasting my time and energy with follow up emails
Your call, I have suggested what can be done, if you not willing to take this up, then nothing can be done.

Yes, every fight takes time and effort.
later I will apply if I get any offers from axis Indian oil card as LTF
Maybe you won't get.

Seems you had no any previous relationship with Kotak before applying for PVR card? So one agent called you directly and offered you LTF card. 😅
Anything can happen in banking world. My experience is as below.
My wife got a call from Axis credit card agent and she was offering LTF My zone card as pre approved offer. Please note, my wife doesn't have any prior relationship with Axis, she told that you got pre approved offer because of your Google pay UPI transactions. Later I confirmed with field KYC agent. He just checked by using PAN card number and told that it's pre approved card only. After 2-3 days (Don't remember exactly) we got approval message.

Anything can happen in banking world. My experience is as below.
My wife got a call from Axis credit card agent and she was offering LTF My zone card as pre approved offer. Please note, my wife doesn't have any prior relationship with Axis, she told that you got pre approved offer because of your Google pay UPI transactions. Later I confirmed with field KYC agent. He just checked by using PAN card number and told that it's pre approved card only. After 2-3 days (Don't remember exactly) we got approval message.
Great 😁
If so that agent must be from sales department of Axis.
At least, misselling wasn't done.

Name of that LTF card?

You have made compliant to PNO desk or even RBI BO? Since they have called you many time and requested to close the complaint, I guess, RBI BO was involved.

Your call, I have suggested what can be done, if you not willing to take this up, then nothing can be done.

Yes, every fight takes time and effort.

Maybe you won't get.
After I made complaints to nodal officer I got calls. After that I mailed to PNO the next day, I Yet to mail RBI BO. I was frustrated and put a closure request. I realised I shouldn't leave this fight after a month of multiple emails. Just befory I made couple of small transactions on the card to halt the cancellation request and make them call me to clear the balance to proceed with the card cancellation. I am going to take this forward till RBI. Thanks bro.

After I made complaints to nodal officer I got calls. After that I mailed to PNO the next day, I Yet to mail RBI BO. I was frustrated and put a closure request. I realised I shouldn't leave this fight after a month of multiple emails. Just befory I made couple of small transactions on the card to halt the cancellation request and make them call me to clear the balance to proceed with the card cancellation. I am going to take this forward till RBI. Thanks bro.
No your closure request will be processed even though there's outstanding balance, personal experience with Kotak, though I was told that the request will be rejected since there's outstanding dues to be cleared.

Great take it and update us.

In my case, even PNO desk wasn't bothered to reply the e-mail/& call.💀 Everyone who had told me I will take followup on this matter, will update you, they never did so. 😂

Last edited:
No your closure request will be processed even though there's outstanding balance, personal experience with Kotak, though I was told that the request will be rejected since there's outstanding dues to be cleared.

Great take it and update us.

In my case, even PNO desk wasn't bothered to reply the e-mail/& call.💀 Everyone who had told me I will take followup on this matter, will update you, they never did so. 😂
Finally what happened to your card issue bro. Any solution? Please update as it has been already couple months completed for your issue.

Read this

this is my old post and let me know if you have any other question

On 28 November 2023, I received a call from an agent of Kotak Mahindra Bank that A lifetime free credit card was being offered to me based on a pre-approved offer. I double-checked with her and a promise was made to me that some code had been applied to the credit card from her side so my card would become lifetime free then I proceeded with the application and my card was approved with a limit of 98000. Kotak pvr inox visa platinum.

Upon checking with customer care it came to my knowledge that my card is chargeable.

Now this was completely unacceptable and intolerant. So I decided not to activate the card and leave it as it is.

But after 2 to 3 days I made up my mind to raise this matter with appropriate matter. I filed a complaint against Kotak in the RBI ombudsman portal for fraud sale of a product and also I put in a cancellation request for a credit card. Twitter DM and public post.

Today I received a call from the retention team after explaining my current disappointment with the bank they finally accepted their mistake and are ready to rectify that mistake.

In the end, they upgraded my PVR card to a Zen signature card that too lifetime free.

screenshot_20231216_214917_gmail-jpg.37635
Even I am facing similar situation of fake promise over call for Kotak IOCL card, also my card was delivered to old address on top of that and every employee who contact me says some or other process which I always deny to follow since it wasn't my mistake in giving address. Recently I got card (despite me not doing anything which kotak bank wanted me to do to deliver card), but the letter doesnt mention it as LTF or any charges as well. Its neutral and I am not able to find any customer care email to ask them so I raised queries in twitter and Level 2 (web form, since level 1 shows error always). Still no response on the charges, so planning not to activate until they respond.

Could you guys please suggest what should I do next? How to connect with retention team over call to get as LTF? If they offer alternate card as LTF which is better card in KOTAK credit cards for now (but i am more interested in IOCL fuel card TBH)? @#aniket @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh

Even I am facing similar situation of fake promise over call for Kotak IOCL card, also my card was delivered to old address on top of that and every employee who contact me says some or other process which I always deny to follow since it wasn't my mistake in giving address. Recently I got card (despite me not doing anything which kotak bank wanted me to do to deliver card), but the letter doesnt mention it as LTF or any charges as well. Its neutral and I am not able to find any customer care email to ask them so I raised queries in twitter and Level 2 (web form, since level 1 shows error always). Still no response on the charges, so planning not to activate until they respond.

Could you guys please suggest what should I do next? How to connect with retention team over call to get as LTF? If they offer alternate card as LTF which is better card in KOTAK credit cards for now (but i am more interested in IOCL fuel card TBH)? @#aniket @Shubham Yadav @Sai Ganesh
When did u raise this one twitter ?

Do you have call recording safe with you?

Card is in which network? Rupay?

Kotak don't provide info about the charges with the kit itself. Check your e-mail if you have recieved the application, sometimes one gets.

Contact to that agent/ employee again.

Now don't communicate through the phone call if possible, it would be better to communicate through email so that it would be better you to fight later on.

Lastly, you can get connected with Retention Department by choosing Credit Card Department on IVR call. On getting connected, tell them to connect with retention department, you want to cancel the card, otherwise on taking request they will transfer the call immediately during buisness days and time.

Do you have call recording safe with you?

Card is in which network? Rupay?

Kotak don't provide info about the charges with the kit itself. Check your e-mail if you have recieved the application, sometimes one gets.

Contact to that agent/ employee again.

Now don't communicate through the phone call if possible, it would be better to communicate through email so that it would be better you to fight later on.

Lastly, you can get connected with Retention Department by choosing Credit Card Department on IVR call. On getting connected, tell them to connect with retention department, you want to cancel the card, otherwise on taking request they will transfer the call immediately during buisness days and time.
YA had call with retention team and apparently since its Rupay and co-brand they cant convert to LTF it seems. I dont understand their process at all, first they call and say its LTF and there is no communication (even emails) about LTF, Limit etc., and card gets delivered. I already had bad experience earlier with Kotak and this adds to that list.

YA had call with retention team and apparently since its Rupay and co-brand they cant convert to LTF it seems. I dont understand their process at all, first they call and say its LTF and there is no communication (even emails) about LTF, Limit etc., and card gets delivered. I already had bad experience earlier with Kotak and this adds to that list.
Yep, as per Retention Dept., they have no authority to negotiate or make LTF card on Visa/MasterCard Network but not Rupay, even though if it's offered LTF to NTB.

So take other steps/ actions left with you.

Back