• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Difficulty to apply for cards because no salary slip - no income proof

src223

TF Select
So the company I work for is overseas. They do not provide any salary slip.
I am doing this job since April of last year, as of writing this post it is January. So it has not been counted in ITR yet.

I have great difficulties applying for any credit card. I cannot show any income proof, most banks do not accept just the bank statements as income proof.

Has anyone faced any similar situation? Is there any other alternative? Can I just make some random PDF documents to act as salary slip?

So the company I work for is overseas. They do not provide any salary slip.
I am doing this job since April of last year, as of writing this post it is January. So it has not been counted in ITR yet.

I have great difficulties applying for any credit card. I cannot show any income proof, most banks do not accept just the bank statements as income proof.

Has anyone faced any similar situation? Is there any other alternative? Can I just make some random PDF documents to act as salary slip?
If your credit score is good like above 750 then majority of banks will not ask for salary proof. Still you can Ask your company to make you salary certificate on their letter head specifying your monthly salary and last three months salary credited to your account. Also try to apply via branch they might process your application.

Also, Did you try applying OneCard?

Just open saving account in banks with zero balance or least deposit accounts.... U will easily get cards.... Nothing will be asked.... After that close the account if u don't want to continue that savings account...

I have 5 cards.... Courtesy this strategy.... I have never been asked any income proof... Or any physical verification....
Which banks provide cards like this ? Can you name these 5 banks.

Just open saving account in banks with zero balance or least deposit accounts.... U will easily get cards.... Nothing will be asked.... After that close the account if u don't want to continue that savings account...

I have 5 cards.... Courtesy this strategy.... I have never been asked any income proof... Or any physical verification....
Can you share list of banks that do this?

Which banks provide cards like this ? Can you name these 5 banks.
I have idfc, hdfc, icici, axis and bank of baroda card.... Since I was already a account holder no kyc and income docs were asked.... All were rejected when I didn't had savings account....

Closed idfc account... While using other accounts with no charges whatsoever......

If your credit score is good like above 750 then majority of banks will not ask for salary proof. Still you can Ask your company to make you salary certificate on their letter head specifying your monthly salary and last three months salary credited to your account. Also try to apply via branch they might process your application.

Also, Did you try applying OneCard?
I have a whole thread with my misfortune with onecard

If nothing works, You can wait for 3 more months to file ITR and then apply. Always show higher income than what you earn
Yes I am waiting to file ITR and then apply for Amex, SCB cards. They will definitely accept no excuse for lack of income proof. I have successfully received card from IndusInd bank (platinum edge) and SBI (IRCTC platinum visa) and also ICICI (Amazon). But it has been quite a back and forth discussion, a lot of excuses.

That's not just it. I believe we have to keep a good balance (2-5 lakhs) for atleast a year or so. At least that is what happened with my kotak card, I kept 2 lakhs for 2 years, then got LTF offer for Kotak League card. The card is very rarely used, but it's LTF so no harm done.

Could you tell me there's something similar for HDFC? I would like to apply for the Millenia card on the Diners Club network (that's their lowest end Diners Club card I think.)

That's not just it. I believe we have to keep a good balance (2-5 lakhs) for atleast a year or so. At least that is what happened with my kotak card, I kept 2 lakhs for 2 years, then got LTF offer for Kotak League card. The card is very rarely used, but it's LTF so no harm done.

Could you tell me there's something similar for HDFC? I would like to apply for the Millenia card on the Diners Club network (that's their lowest end Diners Club card I think.)
I never got any ore approved offer... I applied myself all the cards.... If u put that amount of money like 2-4 lah... Then u will get pre approved offers..... I just maintained the mab.... Regarding hdfc... U can directly go and apply in branch via c2c... U will get ltf card... Without any conditions... They are officially running this offer for ltf card.... C2c....

I never got any ore approved offer... I applied myself all the cards.... If u put that amount of money like 2-4 lah... Then u will get pre approved offers..... I just maintained the mab.... Regarding hdfc... U can directly go and apply in branch via c2c... U will get ltf card... Without any conditions... They are officially running this offer for ltf card.... C2c....
Sorry for the dumb question but what is "c2c"?

Back