• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Editing Salary Slip for Bank Credit Card Application - Is it Acceptable?

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I would like to seek some clarification regarding an aspect of bank credit card applications. Specifically, I have a query related to the possibility of editing a salary slip to meet the minimum income requirement set by the bank.

Suppose I am interested in obtaining a credit card from a particular bank, and their minimum monthly salary requirement for the card is 90K. However, my current salary falls short at 50K.

My question is whether it is permissible or advisable to edit the salary amount on the slip to show a higher income and submit it to the bank as part of my credit card application. I understand that altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical, but I am curious if anyone has encountered similar situations or has insights to share.

In practice, do banks typically verify the authenticity of the salary slip through other means, or is it possible to get away with such modifications? I am concerned about potential consequences and wish to approach this matter responsibly.

I sincerely appreciate any guidance, advice, or personal experiences that forum members can share regarding this topic.

I'm not removing this thread as this will remind everyone to not to edit any financial document.
yes, 100% agree
this was a healthy discussion & i was asking insites not forcing any one to edit.
i don't know why some people took it wrong & reported. May be they think they are overSmart 😅

it is good to have knowledge of impact.

I would like to seek some clarification regarding an aspect of bank credit card applications. Specifically, I have a query related to the possibility of editing a salary slip to meet the minimum income requirement set by the bank.

Suppose I am interested in obtaining a credit card from a particular bank, and their minimum monthly salary requirement for the card is 90K. However, my current salary falls short at 50K.

My question is whether it is permissible or advisable to edit the salary amount on the slip to show a higher income and submit it to the bank as part of my credit card application. I understand that altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical, but I am curious if anyone has encountered similar situations or has insights to share.

In practice, do banks typically verify the authenticity of the salary slip through other means, or is it possible to get away with such modifications? I am concerned about potential consequences and wish to approach this matter responsibly.

I sincerely appreciate any guidance, advice, or personal experiences that forum members can share regarding this topic.
OMG! Don't do such a thing!

You can sometimes ask the bank nicely - especially if you've used any of their services previously without defaulting any payments due to them, they might just wring it for you.

If you have any other source of income -- rent, interest, dividend or maybe another job itself (if your terms of employment at the two jobs permit that) -- that can help you strengthen your case.

Then there's also card-to-card application process that can sometimes get you a better offer from an issuer than they'd give you from your income proof alone.

Otherwise try to get a raise -- or another job :)

OMG! Don't do such a thing!

You can sometimes ask the bank nicely - especially if you've used any of their services previously without defaulting any payments due to them, they might just wring it for you.

If you have any other source of income -- rent, interest, dividend or maybe another job itself (if your terms of employment at the two jobs permit that) -- that can help you strengthen your case.

Then there's also card-to-card application process that can sometimes get you a better offer from an issuer than they'd give you from your income proof alone.

Otherwise try to get a raise -- or another job :)
🫣 🫣

Back