• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Editing Salary Slip for Bank Credit Card Application - Is it Acceptable?

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I would like to seek some clarification regarding an aspect of bank credit card applications. Specifically, I have a query related to the possibility of editing a salary slip to meet the minimum income requirement set by the bank.

Suppose I am interested in obtaining a credit card from a particular bank, and their minimum monthly salary requirement for the card is 90K. However, my current salary falls short at 50K.

My question is whether it is permissible or advisable to edit the salary amount on the slip to show a higher income and submit it to the bank as part of my credit card application. I understand that altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical, but I am curious if anyone has encountered similar situations or has insights to share.

In practice, do banks typically verify the authenticity of the salary slip through other means, or is it possible to get away with such modifications? I am concerned about potential consequences and wish to approach this matter responsibly.

I sincerely appreciate any guidance, advice, or personal experiences that forum members can share regarding this topic.

Hehe.. Fun discussion. I would say stay away from such thoughts. Every change made to a digital document leaves it's footprints. Anyone with average skills can find it if they want.
agreed but its a healthy discussion, i don't think i did any thing wrong by discussion here. i can see @Strange getting hurt by this discussion.

Sometimes bank asks to your employer - but some employer may deny replying to Banks as Salary is confidential (as per my previous employer). I remembered I applied for SCB card in initial days when I was working in one of the MNC, they send someone to verify but he was not allowed to enter as we had lengthy process if someone has to enter in company (take approval till plant head and I am sure he wouldnt allowed if asked) and my card was rejected and that too twice
thanks for sharing.

Not harm for asking this :)

However they are asking the bank statement to check the salary credit, so you need to amend that tooooo.......... :ROFLMAO:;)
Credit card companies can verify the bank statement. They have permission to verify single transaction. Don't know how but they can verify. Even my company in which i work verified my previous salary through my bank statement.

I guess you already knew the answer somewhere at the back of your mind or deep within in your heart before posting this, else you would have simply gone ahead and done it. Maybe you needed validation from the group so that you could justify not doing it and not feeling the regret that had you done it, you may have got the card and its benefits.
yes you right, that's why i mentioned "altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical"

agreed but its a healthy discussion, i don't think i did any thing wrong by discussion here. i can see @Strange getting hurt by this discussion.
Relax.. There's no harm in getting advice. I've seen a SBI card agent some 2-3 years back in a very popular mall in delhi bragging about tempering with financial documents to get approval. In the end, it's a loss of applicant if they get caught. Use your cards responsibly and be persistent with your financial growth. With time you'll have every credit card (or anything else for that matter) you deserve. It's organic and you'll definitely enjoy the journey. Sorry for the gyaan but this is how it actually works.

Relax.. There's no harm in getting advice. I've seen a SBI card agent some 2-3 years back in a very popular mall in delhi bragging about tempering with financial documents to get approval. In the end, it's a loss of applicant if they get caught. Use your cards responsibly and be persistent with your financial growth. With time you'll have every credit card (or anything else for that matter) you deserve. It's organic and you'll definitely enjoy the journey. Sorry for the gyaan but this is how it actually works.
why sorry, really appreciate you information.
thanks for sharing.

I would like to seek some clarification regarding an aspect of bank credit card applications. Specifically, I have a query related to the possibility of editing a salary slip to meet the minimum income requirement set by the bank.

Suppose I am interested in obtaining a credit card from a particular bank, and their minimum monthly salary requirement for the card is 90K. However, my current salary falls short at 50K.

My question is whether it is permissible or advisable to edit the salary amount on the slip to show a higher income and submit it to the bank as part of my credit card application. I understand that altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical, but I am curious if anyone has encountered similar situations or has insights to share.

In practice, do banks typically verify the authenticity of the salary slip through other means, or is it possible to get away with such modifications? I am concerned about potential consequences and wish to approach this matter responsibly.

I sincerely appreciate any guidance, advice, or personal experiences that forum members can share regarding this topic.
There is a risk involved if you do it.. so don't do that

Does your company have tie-up with the bank and/or do you hold account in the same bank ?
If yes, then the CC agent can mention any damn CTC they want in your application.. you just have to request them to do so

I have seen CC agent filling CTC as 30L for my friend, who was earning 6L for his CC application to get it approved (this happened because his company had tie-up with the bank and he was holding salary account in the same bank)

There is a risk involved if you do it.. so don't do that

Does your company have tie-up with the bank and/or do you hold account in the same bank ?
If yes, then the CC agent can mention any damn CTC they want in your application.. you just have to request them to do so

I have seen CC agent filling CTC as 30L for my friend, who was earning 6L for his CC application to get it approved (this happened because his company had tie-up with the bank and he was holding salary account in the same bank)
if filling CTC was option then it would have no issue.
but here They asking Salary slip PDF.

& no company don't have tie up with bank.

Talking about the consequences alone, possible scenarios could be-
1) The bank can decline your application, or

2)if its gets approved and you don't commit any fraud further using CC, no one will care about it, enjoy your card

3) you got the card but misused it or skipped payments.
in this case also, Bank's can not do much. But if there is some economic offence or terror related angle, then you are gone.
You will now have free Priority Pass access to Tihar Jail , enjoy the lounge and Hospitality of Delhi Police

Talking about the consequences alone, possible scenarios could be-
1) The bank can decline your application, or

2)if its gets approved and you don't commit any fraud further using CC, no one will care about it, enjoy your card

3) you got the card but misused it or skipped payments.
in this case also, Bank's can not do much. But if there is some economic offence or terror related angle, then you are gone.
You will now have free Priority Pass access to Tihar Jail , enjoy the lounge and Hospitality of Delhi Police
if there is some economic offence or terror related angle,
apply to all organic way & non organic way, it's not related with editing etc.

Section 463 of IPC:
Whoever commits forgery, intending that the document or electronic record forged shall be used for the purpose of cheating, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

You yourself take a call if the credit card is as important as to commit a criminal act and risk prison.

Back