• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do rewards double if I get add-on Credit Card?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Taking the example of SBI Cashback Card, if I get another add-on card for my son/daughter, will I get 5000x2= 10000/- every month as cashback?; Assuming I do cumulative transactions worth 2 lakhs a month.
Add-ons are generally issued to quicken the process to reach the milestones of the card.. (indirectly resulting in more spends)..
NOT for doubling up on everything they offer..
There maybe some exceptions, when these exceptions exist they extensively advertise..

Don't assume, read MITC document!!

Have a great learning day.
I did read it; couldn't find any point that explicitly denies or confirms this scenario.
The only significant point related to add on cards is just that the cashback earned on the add on cards will instead be credited into the primary card holder's bucket.

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Features like 5% cashback are always card Account basis, not on no. cards basis. Internally managed by banks

Features like BOGO are are cards basis. Managed by third parties like bms

D₹V

TF Prestige
I did read it; couldn't find any point that explicitly denies or confirms this scenario.
The only significant point related to add on cards is just that the cashback earned on the add on cards will instead be credited into the primary card holder's bucket.
Okay... Here you go.

Document: https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/cashback-tnc-booklet.pdf

From Page no 36 & 37;
j) Maximum Card Cashback that can be earned on online and offline spends in a statement cycle is
capped at ₹5000. Post reaching the capping limit, cardholder will not earn any cashback for that
statement cycle.
m) The Card Cashback accrued will be credited in the Primary Cardholder’s account, and not in the
Additional Cardholder's SBI Card account.

Both of these points prove that the max cashback you'll get is 5k INR, irrespective of add on / main card.

• Love
Reactions: SSV

vine

TF Premier
"Currently Add-on applications are only accepted from following cities: Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai (Limited PIN Codes covered)"

This the reply I got in email from SBI card customer care!
Escalated on twitter, called customer care, then sent email. Got above reply.

Last edited: