• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Hi guys. Today out of nowhere I got an email from hdfc about upgrade offer from regalia master to infinia metal. I have 3 hdfc cards regalia using since many yrs, 2nd is diners club privelege and final one is tata neu infinity, all 3 are LTF. combined limited is 9L. This yr around April to June or July I also had option to upgrade my dcp to black but it was chargeable from 2nd Yr onwards so I did not upgrade. Now again I got this infinia metal offer but I'm unable to decide what to do. I want ur advice and suggestions about what should I do.
take infinia even if you spend 25k on average per month on HDFC regalia. Will easily cover its costs.

Hi guys. Today out of nowhere I got an email from hdfc about upgrade offer from regalia master to infinia metal. I have 3 hdfc cards regalia using since many yrs, 2nd is diners club privelege and final one is tata neu infinity, all 3 are LTF. combined limited is 9L. This yr around April to June or July I also had option to upgrade my dcp to black but it was chargeable from 2nd Yr onwards so I did not upgrade. Now again I got this infinia metal offer but I'm unable to decide what to do. I want ur advice and suggestions about what should I do.
Congrats!

Can you share your journey? Your relationship with HDFC, total spends on your cards and any upgrade requests from you?

Congrats!

Can you share your journey? Your relationship with HDFC, total spends on your cards and any upgrade requests from you?
Hi bro. I have been using regalia since starting. It is my 2nd oldest card. I have an hdfc acc but would not keep alot of money in it. Whenever I spent 80% of my limit I would get LE offer this way my limit increased from 1.4L in start to 9L. I never requested for card upgrade coz all 3 hdfc cards r Ltf. Was happy with those 3 cards. Maybe coz last time even though they offered me DCB and I did not apply for it and so I think this time I got this infinia upgrade offer.

Hi bro. I have been using regalia since starting. It is my 2nd oldest card. I have an hdfc acc but would not keep alot of money in it. Whenever I spent 80% of my limit I would get LE offer this way my limit increased from 1.4L in start to 9L. I never requested for card upgrade coz all 3 hdfc cards r Ltf. Was happy with those 3 cards. Maybe coz last time even though they offered me DCB and I did not apply for it and so I think this time I got this infinia upgrade offer.
bro, how much was your spending in the last 6 months?

But when I got dcp to dcb upgrade offer I did not spend alot. Just below 5k monthly spends. In whole yr might have spent only 1L but they offered that upgrade
Well, HDFC works in mysterious ways. They might have checked your overall credit limit or the employess must be feeling generous.

But to trigger an upgrade to Infinia, spends above 8l has the highest probability. There are many who haven't got any upgrade offer even with these spends. But again, you are lucky.

I went ahead and completed upgrade process. Just checked hdfc app and in list of cards it's already showing infinia metal card and it is active. So once card is delivered I should start using only this card and reach spend target of 10L 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231129_115837_HDFC Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20231129_115837_HDFC Bank.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 51
I went ahead and completed upgrade process. Just checked hdfc app and in list of cards it's already showing infinia metal card and it is active. So once card is delivered I should start using only this card and reach spend target of 10L 🤣
That was very quick. Does M at the start of the card name mean Mastercard?

That was very quick. Does M at the start of the card name mean Mastercard

That was very quick. Does M at the start of the card name mean Mastercard?
Yes it's mastercard. Hdfc bank for me has been best. Got good LE, ltf cards. Axis i have account since 16 or 17yrs but it's worst, coz it's just 100m from my home I maintained Alot of balance in axis bank 15yrs back I used to keep more than 8L in account but I got is useless myzone and Flipkart card both cards have AMC. Only axis lic is ltf. In upgrade also it's showing select card and some other useless card.

Well above is true if you are paying full price. Generally for cars we dont pay full price and there are discounts. I almost had got 4 lakhs discount on a newly launched car hence was not possible to pay by card.
For full priced cars - yes just refuse to pay any additional charges.

Absolutely wrong. I just purchased another vehicle with more discounts than usual and still DID not pay any additional charges and this is today's latest update. They obviously did everything they could to try to negotiate, request, emotional angle of low margins, "this is standard across all dealers", etc. but I refused to bend.

Ended up paying by my SPC 5L+ downpayment with zero additional charges.

This is a non-negotiable element for me, I pay only by card and at zero extra charges. You need to know your rights, be aware of what is right and wrong and accordingly deal. Obviously, other party would try to F you over any opportunity they get through various tactics.

People that aren't aware sit down and negotiate stating they'll take 1%, 0.5%, 0.8%, etc. on them for letting you use your card, why would you do that?

It's a BUSINESS expense that the dealer incurs which they pay to the payment processor for facilitating the transaction via the card. So it makes no sense (and not legal either) for the end customer to bear those expenses and for what exactly? Is the dealer your relative that you're doing a favor or are they doing any favor to you for which you're repaying by accepting such illegal additional charges?

You are giving them business, they have the margin, they're making profit from the sale. There is no need to bend your rules for others. If the dealer is not making margins, they'll not let you buy the vehicle. They make margins in everything from vehicle sale to accessories to insurance to loan to addon services, etc. (Tip: Buy insurance from out, get loan directly, stop buying unwanted addons or shitty things you don't need or that can be bought outside unless the quality is actually really good and is worthy).

I've bought 2 vehicles in last 1.5+ years.
1. A vehicle that's still in high demand and has a waiting period of 18 months. I bought it at introductory price. Paid by card @ zero additional charges. I'm in 4L+ gains if we go by the latest pricing.
2. A vehicle whose facelift was released just 4 months back, got at additional discounts than usual in addition to company discounts + accessories, etc. Paid by card @ zero additional charges. I'm in 3L+ benefits.

STOP PAYING DEALERS ADDITIONAL CHARGES. NOTHING CAN JUSTIFY THOSE, IT'S JUST MORE MARGINS FOR THEM.

PAY BY CARD. EARN REWARDS. Don't fall for their shit. Be smart. Self educate yourself and spread awareness too.

Back