• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Editing Salary Slip for Bank Credit Card Application - Is it Acceptable?

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I would like to seek some clarification regarding an aspect of bank credit card applications. Specifically, I have a query related to the possibility of editing a salary slip to meet the minimum income requirement set by the bank.

Suppose I am interested in obtaining a credit card from a particular bank, and their minimum monthly salary requirement for the card is 90K. However, my current salary falls short at 50K.

My question is whether it is permissible or advisable to edit the salary amount on the slip to show a higher income and submit it to the bank as part of my credit card application. I understand that altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical, but I am curious if anyone has encountered similar situations or has insights to share.

In practice, do banks typically verify the authenticity of the salary slip through other means, or is it possible to get away with such modifications? I am concerned about potential consequences and wish to approach this matter responsibly.

I sincerely appreciate any guidance, advice, or personal experiences that forum members can share regarding this topic.

I would like to seek some clarification regarding an aspect of bank credit card applications. Specifically, I have a query related to the possibility of editing a salary slip to meet the minimum income requirement set by the bank.

Suppose I am interested in obtaining a credit card from a particular bank, and their minimum monthly salary requirement for the card is 90K. However, my current salary falls short at 50K.

My question is whether it is permissible or advisable to edit the salary amount on the slip to show a higher income and submit it to the bank as part of my credit card application. I understand that altering official documents is generally regarded as unethical, but I am curious if anyone has encountered similar situations or has insights to share.

In practice, do banks typically verify the authenticity of the salary slip through other means, or is it possible to get away with such modifications? I am concerned about potential consequences and wish to approach this matter responsibly.

I sincerely appreciate any guidance, advice, or personal experiences that forum members can share regarding this topic.
What you are planning to do is considered fraud! Although I doubt there will be any major implications, they can be anything ranging from getting blocked by the CC provider to your employer firing you for forging official documents.

Its fraud bro. Don't do this. Not worth might seem to be tempting though. You can be sued both by cc issuing bank and your employer too. Might lose your job too. I once asked an axis cc agent to give me LTF magnus. He told me to edit my salary slips to make it more than 5 l a month. I said tu rehne de bhai 🤣

Its fraud bro. Don't do this. Not worth might seem to be tempting though. You can be sued both by cc issuing bank and your employer too. Might lose your job too. I once asked an axis cc agent to give me LTF magnus. He told me to edit my salary slips to make it more than 5 l a month. I said tu rehne de bhai 🤣
haha

Such post by a Premium Card holder who is a VIP lounge member. :rolleyes: @TechnoFino

Last edited:
Sometimes bank asks to your employer - but some employer may deny replying to Banks as Salary is confidential (as per my previous employer). I remembered I applied for SCB card in initial days when I was working in one of the MNC, they send someone to verify but he was not allowed to enter as we had lengthy process if someone has to enter in company (take approval till plant head and I am sure he wouldnt allowed if asked) and my card was rejected and that too twice

Back