• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

EMI Offers on offline Credit Card Purchases

Ekavya

TF Premier
I went to a shop to buy AC. I was going to purchase it in EMIs using my credit card. At first I asked them to convert the purchase in EMIs using my CC through their POS machine. They told me that's not possible. I told them I purchased a Refrigerator in the same way 1 year back. I was told that It was brand/appliance specific (Refrigerator in this case) offer. I wasn't convinced with their answer. I purchased it using my CC and converted it into EMIs. So my question: is it true? Or they just didn't want to provide the EMIs on CC?

I went to a shop to buy AC. I was going to purchase it in EMIs using my credit card. At first I asked them to convert the purchase in EMIs using my CC through their POS machine. They told me that's not possible. I told them I purchased a Refrigerator in the same way 1 year back. I was told that It was brand/appliance specific (Refrigerator in this case) offer. I wasn't convinced with their answer. I purchased it using my CC and converted it into EMIs. So my question: is it true? Or they just didn't want to provide the EMIs on CC?
Yes this is true.
It depends on the brand/platform whether they provide you the emi option on that particular appliance or not.

But you can always get your transaction converted to emi via your bank, but beware of the higher interest rates

Yes this is true.
It depends on the brand/platform whether they provide you the emi option on that particular appliance or not.
Platform means: POS providing bank or FI?. So specific products in specific platforms can only provide EMIs on CC?

But you can always get your transaction converted to emi via your bank, but beware of the higher interest rates
Yeah that's why I tried to purchase it in EMIs rather than converting it into EMIs after purchase. Have any idea about interest rates difference for both of these methods?

Credit card EMI is the cheapest one if you want to purchase in EMI .
Really? I thought that Bajaj EMI card is the cheapest. And btw what method you are talking about? Purchasing Products on EMIs? Or converting into EMIs after purchase?

Really? I thought that Bajaj EMI card is the cheapest. And btw what method you are talking about? Purchasing Products on EMIs? Or converting into EMIs after purchase?
Do you have Bajaj EMI card ?
I think it offers no cost EMI but not always .

No! My friend has it. But he told me that it has many hidden fees.
I don't recommend Bajaj EMI card to anybody because I have heard from a electronic Shopkeeper that Bajaj ruins people CIBIL.
Also people have to setup nach for every new purchase .

Shit!

Thanks for this information. I used to believe that Bajaj EMI is better than CC EMI post purchase. Even though I don't have any data
Nope
Nowadays credit cards offer zero interest emi but to wait for such offers
Currently Axis Bank have something running for Samsung products and ICICI from January till this month end have iPhone offers with nil interest

Shit!

Thanks for this information. I used to believe that Bajaj EMI is better than CC EMI post purchase. Even though I don't have any data
Any gadget or appliance you want to buy just wait for BBD sale or great Indian festival sale .

Nope
Nowadays credit cards offer zero interest emi but to wait for such offers
Currently Axis Bank have something running for Samsung products and ICICI from January till this month end have iPhone offers with nil interest
I used no cost EMI on Credit card while purchasing from Amazon, Flight. But I was taking about offline purchase. Do they offer no cost EMIs post purchase?

Back