• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exclusive peek! Flaunt your Creditworthy and Robust CIBIL profiles

Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
1. No of credit enquiries
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.
It keeps floating around 780-790 usually, come what may, it doesn't vary much.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
The newer the CIBIL is, the faster it reacts with new changes.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

2. No. of active loans/credit cards in your profile.
The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.
3. Credit Limit utilisation, this part is true in fact.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.
The whole purpose is to inspire all, and ease their credit journey.
This is my personal experience that I would like to share.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.
This is solely due to the reasons listed above.
Now, let me share one more incident.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I wasn't aware and missed it.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.
Hope you all have gained some learning from my journey.

1684669485128.png 1684669529691.png
1684669598217.png 1684669633740.png

1684669781133.png 1684669768052.png

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Do attach your app screenshots showcasing your creditworthiness.
I have used 2 apps: Gpay and Airtel.

Attachments

• 1684669740749.png
    1684669740749.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 128
Thanks for the tag dear just attaching gpay and paytm ones for reference
Just spend happily and pay bills on time nothing much to worry about CIBIL
This is my 16 years experience
IMG_3139.png IMG_3140.png
Wow, your CIBIL is shining and 802 score only on Credit Cards is superb.

This signifies your experience in terms of handling credit.
Thanks for taking time to share your profile.
Highly appreciated 😇

so credit enquiry doesn't matter much?
Credit enquiry matters for applications.
But not for credit score for old CIBIL.

If your CIBIL is new like 3-4 years then have less enquiry. But it you have crossed 5 years, then don't worry and don't lose your peace of mind.
You can apply as many as you want.
But careful of banks like HSBC and SC as @kkk rightly pointed.

My Credit story is slightly different. I never was into credit card much.
I started my Credit card story when I started my career in 2012.
I almost took all banks credit card in my first year of career(I was not aware of CIBIL score etc at that time). Most of the banks gave it as FYF. But all of them were basic cards.
Then after a year I closed all credit card :p

In Nov 2013 I switched to another company and citibank was the option to take as Salary account. With that they provided Citi reward LTF card(which I still have). I was not using it much as my expenses were less and I was not aware of points and all and I was focusing on my career a lot.

In 2015, Amex visited my company and they offered AMEX gold card as FYF. Used it get achieve monthly milestone benefits but all genuine spends. Used the MR points for statement credit. In the same year I took home loan of 40 lakhs from SBI to buy apartment in Bengaluru :)

In 2018, when I again switched company I came to know(from one of my colleague) that Amex has other option as well - MRCC card which made more sense to me. So, I requested Amex to downgrade my card to MRCC.

So, from 2013 to 2022, I only had 2 cards(Citi Reward card and Amex Gold - replaced later to MRCC) and SBI home loan.
Still I was not aware of CIBIL score and all. Never missed any bill payment (missed one home loan EMI though)

2013 to April 2022
1) Amex credit card
2) Citi rewards card

In May 2022, story took huge turn and I started learning about credit card a bit more. Came to know about CIBIL score and all. At that time, my CIBIL score was 814 aroundish.
I started applying credit card from all XYZ banks and I almost have cards from all banks (except HSBC and SC, it always gets rejected for this. Yes bank is offered but I didn't like any of their card so never applied).

May 2022 to current -
Existing cards -
1) Amex MRCC credit card
2) Citi reward card
New additions -
3) Amex Platinum travel card
4) IDFC select
5) SBI SimplyClick
6) Paytm Citi card (closed now)
7) BoB Eterna card
8) Kotak League card
9) OneCard(issued through BoB)
10) HDFC Diners Black (Started the journey through DCP and later as part of Alumni LTF offer upgraded to DCB)
11) Indus Legend card
12) RBL Zomato Edition card (closed I guess, will be replaced by RBL Shoprite)
13) PNB Rupay platinum card
14) ICICI Amazon Pay
15) ICICI Platinum card (Secured, took against FD as my application was always rejected by ICICI)
16) HDFC Tata Neucard infinity
17) AU LIT card
18) Axis MyZone card
19) Axis Flipkart card(closed as I wanted Axis Reserve)
20) Axis Magnus
21) Axis Reserve

Now my score is trying to touch 800 (It's 798)
So, there is decrease from 814 to 798 (a lot of reason is because of utilization ratio as at some months it was more than > 50%). Most of the new addition has not completed 1 year yet.

Few cards which I am planning to take - HSBC card and Axis atlas (if Axis allows more than 3 cards otherwise I will close Axis Myzone and take Axis Atlas)
I have decent Credit limit on most of the cards now.
Your journey is very inspiring.
@kkk you have achieved a lot in a small period of time.😎
Thanks for going this deep and elaborating even small details.

There is a lot to learn from you and I look forward to receiving more such experiences from other members as well.
Cheers.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Many interesting stories including yours.

I'm still an early bird 🕊️, let me share mine.

When I was new to these credit thing, my score was declining 40-50 points on each enquiry.

Now it's around 2 year, my CIBIL score didn't fall a single point in the latest enquiry few days ago. Right now sitting at 766.

Timely Payments & 1-9 % usage report is the ultimate key.

30% thing doesn't work for me, once I started reporting my utilisation to 1%, my score went up 📈 like rocket 🚀 (same as it was declining 40-50 points 2 years ago 😂).

Still I'll keep it simple for now, only 1 enquiry max p.m. ✅😊.

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Nothing spectacular about my report. CIBIL standing at 787, 9 years of CC usage. Never missed payment.

I had only one card (CITI Rewards) for most part of it because i went back to education after my first job. Once i started working again, i understood that CCs can be rewarding and now have 10+ cards.

I pay the moment statement generation message comes up to keep things simple.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Nothing spectacular about my report. CIBIL standing at 787, 9 years of CC usage. Never missed payment.

I had only one card (CITI Rewards) for most part of it because i went back to education after my first job. Once i started working again, i understood that CCs can be rewarding and now have 10+ cards.

I pay the moment statement generation message comes up to keep things simple.
That way many bank reports your usage 0 🫠 & it impacts.

Many banks report usage on Month end or bill generation date.

Still no worries anyway 😉.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Wow, your CIBIL is shining and 802 score only on Credit Cards is superb.

This signifies your experience in terms of handling credit.
Thanks for taking time to share your profile.
Highly appreciated 😇
Wow thank you 😊
Getting accolades from a 20yr credit history person makes myself motivated 🤝
Yes credit is a double edged sword but if known to handle safely we can get benefits from both ends👍

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Great thread, and absolutely agree with @RewardsAlert. In the early part of your credit journey (first 3-5 yrs), be conservative and focus on utilising your credit mix right along with doing on time payments. Once your initial credit history is established subsequent enquiries will not impact your score. I have a 12 year credit history, and last month I was shopping around for home loans. 6 Credit enquiries (for a large sum) in the space of a 4 weeks had me worried, but there was no change to my score.

At this point even if I close my oldest credit card (12 yrs old) there should be no impact to my credit score, as per CIBIL's Score simulator (available if you have a subscription). Patience is key, there is a reason financial institutions value your long term behaviour, credibility isn't established in the short-term.

Strange

TF Legend
Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
1. No of credit enquiries
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.
It keeps floating around 780-790 usually, come what may, it doesn't vary much.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
The newer the CIBIL is, the faster it reacts with new changes.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

2. No. of active loans/credit cards in your profile.
The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.
3. Credit Limit utilisation, this part is true in fact.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.
The whole purpose is to inspire all, and ease their credit journey.
This is my personal experience that I would like to share.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.
This is solely due to the reasons listed above.
Now, let me share one more incident.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I wasn't aware and missed it.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.
Hope you all have gained some learning from my journey.

1684669485128.png 1684669529691.png
1684669598217.png 1684669633740.png

1684669781133.png 1684669768052.png

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Do attach your app screenshots showcasing your creditworthiness.
I have used 2 apps: Gpay and Airtel.
You removed late payment of which bank and how?

Great thread - Good to hear stories from such legends with 10+ year credit histories.

For me, I started out my credit journey in 2018 - had just 1 card which I got with my salary account - never knew about Cibil back then.
Jump to today, have 10+ credit cards and learning a lot from this forum.

In 2023 my Cibil went from 784(January) to 782 to 779 to 773(April) to 780(May). Had many enquiries in March and April. In May had 1 enquiry from Axis - Cibil jumped 7 points in positive - don't know what exactly Axis did.

Attaching some screenshots regarding my Cibil score and enquiries.
Also simulated my score to check what happens if I pay off all my balance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230521-231241.png
    Screenshot_20230521-231241.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230521-230739~2.png
    Screenshot_20230521-230739~2.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20230521-230912.png
    Screenshot_20230521-230912.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230521-230950.png
    Screenshot_20230521-230950.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230521-231144.png
    Screenshot_20230521-231144.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 73
You removed late payment of which bank and how?
Actually it was a long fight with that bank
Included multiple escalations, con calls, and follow ups.
But after reaching the Nodal desk, I was assured to get it removed
Bank was H**C and as it was a 1Rs verification charge, they agreed.

Although multiple factors are considered like your relationship, timely payments and most importantly no late fees was charged and no minimum due was generated.

If you're a valuable customer to the bank.
They will go to any extent to please you.
You are entitled to ask whatever you want.
😉

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Tagging a group of people to know more about their exponential CIBIL journey and insights.
Do attach a screenshot if possible for reference.

My Cibil score had improved from 770 to 815 from June 22 to Feb 23. Prior to that, my score had dropped significantly to sub 650. I think that happened because one of the banks decided to report my near 2 decade old credit transaction dispute as outstanding amount. It's weird that Cibil cares about 2 decade old transactions. Anyways, at some point the bank decided to change the outstanding amount back to 0 and the score improved to 770.

From 770 to 815 happened while I got 3 more cards. But I think the primary reason why it moved to 815 is that I got a 6x LE on one of my oldest ICICI cards. That's my guess of course.

In Feb 23, it again suddenly dropped by 60 points. It has to be one of the following:

1. Closing 6 year old card
2. I again reduced ICICI card limit to a small amount (since the max limit is too much and I don't use the card much)
3. Increase in Axis Magnus's utilisation.

If I have to guess, it has to be 2 which has exaggerated because of 3. I have now again reset the limit to max and my current utilisation is near 0, but haven't see any major improvements.

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi @RewardsAlert great thread brother, well my journey is also unique i have 13 years credit history, never missed any payment till date, dont want to discuss much in public forum openly but you are right, after certain years inquiries doesn’t matter, well i also have 40-50 inquiries in last 6 months still my cibil score is around 770-780 and all mixed profiles like home loan, car loan, personal loan, business loan, more than 15 cards with high limits and also heavy utilisation too still cibil score is maintained, its upto profile and your repayment track records, most bank only consider main thing is your repayment history thats bank consider and well in last 3 months i got approval for standard chartered ultimate, axis magnus, amex platinum charge card, idfc select, hdfc tata neu infinity cc and more, even in my case standard chartered ultimate cc is preapproved…

My Cibil score had improved from 770 to 815 from June 22 to Feb 23. Prior to that, my score had dropped significantly to sub 650. I think that happened because one of the banks decided to report my near 2 decade old credit transaction dispute as outstanding amount. It's weird that Cibil cares about 2 decade old transactions. Anyways, at some point the bank decided to change the outstanding amount back to 0 and the score improved to 770.

From 770 to 815 happened while I got 3 more cards. But I think the primary reason why it moved to 815 is that I got a 6x LE on one of my oldest ICICI cards. That's my guess of course.

In Feb 23, it again suddenly dropped by 60 points. It has to be one of the following:

1. Closing 6 year old card
2. I again reduced ICICI card limit to a small amount (since the max limit is too much and I don't use the card much)
3. Increase in Axis Magnus's utilisation.

If I have to guess, it has to be 2 which has exaggerated because of 3. I have now again reset the limit to max and my current utilisation is near 0, but haven't see any major improvements.
Shocking to see such amazing experiences of 20 year old Txn dispute getting reflected as outstanding.

It really amazes me as to what are the endless possibilities in the world of Credit Cards.
Even a fellow member here went to the extent of Re issuing his ICICI Diamant credit card which is supposedly given to Celebrities and public figures that too in a non sourcing location.

Such incidents ignite the fire inside you to fight for more, and seems like there is no end to dreaming.

Anyways, delighted to learn from your insights, please keep sharing more such things. 🤩

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Shocking to see such amazing experiences of 20 year old Txn dispute getting reflected as outstanding.

It really amazes me as to what are the endless possibilities in the world of Credit Cards.
Even a fellow member here went to the extent of Re issuing his ICICI Diamant credit card which is supposedly given to Celebrities and public figures that too in a non sourcing location.

Such incidents ignite the fire inside you to fight for more, and seems like there is no end to dreaming.

Anyways, delighted to learn from your insights, please keep sharing more such things. 🤩
Note that my dispute is from pre-mobile, pre-OTP, pre--PIN era :) Those days the merchant was supposed to verify signature while accepting transaction. My card was lost and before I could realise and report it the very next day, it was used at the same place where I had last used it. I refused to pay unless bank gave in writing that the merchant has no responsibility to verify signature and it was entirely my fault. (There were two transactions at the same merchant - one valid, one fraud)

They refused to give anything in writing and I refused to pay. Some 8 years later, they started reporting it to Cibil, dragging my score down.