• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exclusive peek! Flaunt your Creditworthy and Robust CIBIL profiles

Dear TFC members,
I have been planning this from a long time, to have a constructive discussion regarding Credit score, factors affecting it, and the buzz around Credit Enquiries.
I have been using Credit cards from decades, and have realised that the severe panic regarding the lowering of Credit Score by:
1. No of credit enquiries
2. Closing an old card
3. Other silly reasons

These are simply not worth it. They make our life complicated unnecessarily and yield nothing.
By sharing my profile, I wish to enlighten some knowledge about these Myths, ultimately promoting peace of mind.
As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I am having around 40-49 credit enquiries in last 6 months.

Still, my credit score has been intact like an elephant and hasn't dropped by an inch.
It keeps floating around 780-790 usually, come what may, it doesn't vary much.

Reasons:
1. Majority of people here fail to understand that they are quite new in their banking/credit journey.
The newer the CIBIL is, the faster it reacts with new changes.
So, the point of higher credit enquiries is only true, when you have just started out the journey, maybe after 4-5 years it won't matter.

2. No. of active loans/credit cards in your profile.
The more the number is, the more you're diversified, this means the algorithm considers you credit worthy, and you also you and up having a higher Credit Limit.
3. Credit Limit utilisation, this part is true in fact.

With fairly lesser no. of cards, lesser limits, you are in a risk to consume more of your credit limit.
Therefore, everyone advices to maintain a low utilisation only when the bank reports it to CIBIL.
The other days, you're free to use how much ever you want, just ensure to pay it before month end 28th or 29th, so that it doesn't gets reported.

As shown below, I have a record of only 2 missed payments in my entire history out of 884 payments till now with multiple cards.
The whole purpose is to inspire all, and ease their credit journey.
This is my personal experience that I would like to share.

Sometimes, I do have more than 10 enquires a month, sometimes my overall spends goes above 4/5 lakhs, still my credit score remains same.
This is solely due to the reasons listed above.
Now, let me share one more incident.

As you know, I have multiple cards, so in Jan, this year I had a missed payment of around 1 Rs for a verification purpose like Lounge etc.
I wasn't aware and missed it.
I got reported also next month by XYZ bank, but my credit score remained same, even it rose by 1/2 points.
See, now you can imagine the power of credit history and how Robust it can make your CIBIL.
Later on, I got that Late payment removed from that bank, and CIBIL further increased by 2 points.
Hope you all have gained some learning from my journey.

1684669485128.png 1684669529691.png
1684669598217.png 1684669633740.png

1684669781133.png 1684669768052.png

Waiting to see some ROBUST profiles here, which are even unique and interesting at the same time.
Do attach your app screenshots showcasing your creditworthiness.
I have used 2 apps: Gpay and Airtel.

Attachments

• 1684669740749.png
    1684669740749.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 128

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Actually it was a long fight with that bank
Included multiple escalations, con calls, and follow ups.
But after reaching the Nodal desk, I was assured to get it removed
Bank was H**C and as it was a 1Rs verification charge, they agreed.

Although multiple factors are considered like your relationship, timely payments and most importantly no late fees was charged and no minimum due was generated.

If you're a valuable customer to the bank.
They will go to any extent to please you.
You are entitled to ask whatever you want.
😉
Which bank was it, HD*C or HS*C ?

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi @RewardsAlert great thread brother, well my journey is also unique i have 13 years credit history, never missed any payment till date, dont want to discuss much in public forum openly but you are right, after certain years inquiries doesn’t matter, well i also have 40-50 inquiries in last 6 months still my cibil score is around 770-780 and all mixed profiles like home loan, car loan, personal loan, business loan, more than 15 cards with high limits and also heavy utilisation too still cibil score is maintained, its upto profile and your repayment track records, most bank only consider main thing is your repayment history thats bank consider and well in last 3 months i got approval for standard chartered ultimate, axis magnus, amex platinum charge card, idfc select, hdfc tata neu infinity cc and more, even in my case standard chartered ultimate cc is preapproved…
One more thing, i never ever paid before bill generation or all, always paid cc bill 1-2 days before due date in life, from same bank account with credit card only pair on last day…😝

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Since CIBIL started sometime in 2005, it must have been a new concept then. Thank you for indulging in my banter. We hope to learn a lot from your experiences.

My family had banking relations with HSBC way back in 90s when they had the only one Fountain branch in Mumbai. My Dad got his BOB card in 1992 which is still reported in CIBIL subsequently after nearly 30 years.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
A little insight on my Cibil
Current score - 801
Fluctuates between 793-803
Total credit cards - 26
No other PL/HL currently
1 auto loan recently pre-closed
Total Credit Limit - 2.30 CR ( Expecting it to touch 2.6 cr in couple of months as few cards are not reported yet )
Utilisation current at 1% - remains constant between 2-4%
Credit Age - 11 years
Total Enquiries - 72

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
A little insight on my Cibil
Current score - 801
Fluctuates between 793-803
Total credit cards - 26
No other PL/HL currently
1 auto loan recently pre-closed
Total Credit Limit - 2.30 CR ( Expecting it to touch 2.6 cr in couple of months as few cards are not reported yet )
Utilisation current at 1% - remains constant between 2-4%
Credit Age - 11 years
Total Enquiries - 72
My cibil report has 61 page long🤣, what about you all brothers?

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My CIBIL score is hovering between 800-810 over the past year and Experian around 825+
Age - 17+
Number of CC - 18 with good credit mix

I have around 12 CC enquiries over the last year and that seems to have affected the score by 5-10 points the most and my utilisation is usually less than 15-20% in recent years with approved CC limit of around 80L (should cross 1cr soon)

Wow thank you 😊
Getting accolades from a 20yr credit history person makes myself motivated 🤝
Yes credit is a double edged sword but if known to handle safely we can get benefits from both ends👍
My question is how do I raise my score? Either it barley increases 2 points or stays the same for the most part even though I've been making regular payments and stuff. And have my enquires low and utilisation close to 30% or less than that for over 2-3 years.

Screenshot_20230522_083955_GPay.png

Screenshot_20230522_084605_GPay.png
Screenshot_20230522_084616_GPay.png
Screenshot_20230522_084626_GPay.png

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Ju
My question is how do I raise my score? Either it barley increases 2 points or stays the same for the most part even though I've been making regular payments and stuff. And have my enquires low and utilisation close to 30% or less than that for over 2-3 years.

Screenshot_20230522_083955_GPay.png

Screenshot_20230522_084605_GPay.png
Screenshot_20230522_084616_GPay.png
Screenshot_20230522_084626_GPay.png
Just make CUR less than 10%
Always pay before 5 days than last day once bill generated
Don’t apply for lot of cards
Max 12 or 15 enough