• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Facing issues while upgrading my HDFC savings account to the Preferred Banking Program.

Just an update - I requested for Imperia by phone notification but even after 1 week it showed preferred, I clicked on the offer link again and now after 2 days, its been upgraded to Imperia and the RM has changed too.

Just an update - I requested for Imperia by phone notification but even after 1 week it showed preferred, I clicked on the offer link again and now after 2 days, its been upgraded to Imperia and the RM has changed too.
I too got an Email to upgrade to preferred banking. But nothing was mentioned about MAB. I guess this upgrade has some MAB right or it is zero MAB as it's salary account?

I too got an Email to upgrade to preferred banking. But nothing was mentioned about MAB. I guess this upgrade has some MAB right or it is zero MAB as it's salary account?
If you will click on the banner after upgrade or lets say if it says classic, the eligibility menu will state about the MAB but the variant is not downgraded that often. 2 quarters back my MAB was 14k and I got the mail about maintaining MAB after 2 quarters. The RM asked me to ignore the mail but I ignore my RM.

I guess the MAB reminder came cause my salary is not credited to HDFC now. However, its upto the RM for the upgrade/downgrade to happen (they can hold the account at lets say preferred even if you don't maintain 2 lakhs for a savings).

Edit: If you have a salary account and fulfill the salary criteria then you may have been given the upgrade but its hard to tell if you got cause of salary amount or the 1/2 lakh amount in the balance.

Classic: For Salaried Customer, Monthly net salary credit of Rs. 1 lakhs & above in HDFC Bank Corp Salary Account#
Preferred: For Salaried Customer, Monthly net salary credit of Rs. 1.5 lakhs & above in HDFC Bank Corp Salary Account#
Imperia: For Salaried Customer, Monthly net salary credit of Rs. 3 lakhs & above in HDFC Bank Corp Salary Account#

Back