• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Figuring out best salary account.

Shinigami

TF Buzz
I need to switch my salary account and I would appreciate help of the community to figure out which to choose or if you have better option.
Current salary account: Standard chartered bank 4+years no proper offers. cards they sometimes call but I just dont feel the worth of SC cards.

1. ICICI ( Wealth salary account)
    1. International world debit card
    2. Sapphiro credit card : LTF
  2. HDFC (Premium salary account)
    1. Platinum debit card
    2. regalia credit card: LTF
  3. Axis ( Priority salary account)
    1. priority debit card
    2. vistara forex card: LTF
    3. select Credit card: LTF
Basic Insurance and all is pretty similar. 0 minimum balance account and same free banking things.

which would be better to consider as the salary account. to me the credit limit might not matter as much as for others, I do understand good limit in these cards open possibilty to upgrade soon to higher card. But in terms of pure savings and spends which would be better salary account.
  • average usage of all my current card comes about 70-80K per month. I generally use mobikwik to pay them. dont use cred anymore as no cashback.

Main lookout for me is lounge access per say. but non of these fulfill the need properly so I am fine with all as such. I really love the ease of banking with icici so I am little bit inclined towards its but I want more informed approach from the community what would be better.

• Getting all 3 rubyx in my existing non salary account :LTF 2 different applications

just for reference the cards I own: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/list-of-card-i-own.25159/#post-596385

Card, limit, fees, age of card

1. Amex platinum travel, 4.9 lakh, 3500+gst, 4+ years
2. Amex mrcc, 50k, LTF, and 4+ years
3. Amazon Icici, 6.1 lakh, LTF, 6+ years
4. Icici coral hpcl visa, 6.1 lakh, 200rs +gst, waiver 50k spend, 8 years
5. Axis flipkart, 4.95 lakh, ltf, 5+ years
6. Idfc wealth, 7.1 lakh, ltf, 6 months
7. HDFC swiggy, 1 Lakh, 500rs, 4 months

Last edited:
Axis Priority and Burgunday salary account is best
Personally, i suggest burgundy as it has many benefits and you can even try to get magnus card LFT which is a premium and beneficial card.

ICICI is pure trash in credit cards and accounts, amazon pay card is an exception.

HDFC is good too but it doesn't have many features available online.

So final suggestion is Axis Bank Burgundy Salary Account.

To be eligible for it you must have a monthly salary credit of min. 3 Lakhs, and since this is a salary account you don't need to keep any balance in it but ensure 3 lakhs credits to that account every month.

(There is no AMB requirement but a monthly salary credit requirement of 3L)

Axis Priority and Burgunday salary account is best
Personally, i suggest burgundy as it has many benefits and you can even try to get magnus card LFT which is a premium and beneficial card.

ICICI is pure trash in credit cards and accounts, amazon pay card is an exception.

HDFC is good too but it doesn't have many features available online.

So final suggestion is Axis Bank Burgundy Salary Account.

To be eligible for it you must have a monthly salary credit of min. 3 Lakhs, and since this is a salary account you don't need to keep any balance in it but ensure 3 lakhs credits to that account every month.

(There is no AMB requirement but a monthly salary credit requirement of 3L)
I wish i had that much salary. Planning to switch jobs for quite sometime but not finding any good opportunity as such in the criteria i want.

Anyways just an update i opened the icici wealth account with world debit card and tomorrow will get applied for sapphiro credit card.

First, exit ASAP from standard chartered.
If you want good credit cards, Choose between HDFC and Axis. If things don't work for you in one, go to the other. Simple.

I wish i had that much salary. Planning to switch jobs for quite sometime but not finding any good opportunity as such in the criteria i want.

Anyways just an update i opened the icici wealth account with world debit card and tomorrow will get applied for sapphiro credit card.
Take it only if it's LTF

I need to switch my salary account and I would appreciate help of the community to figure out which to choose or if you have better option.
Current salary account: Standard chartered bank 4+years no proper offers. cards they sometimes call but I just dont feel the worth of SC cards.

1. ICICI ( Wealth salary account)
    1. International world debit card
    2. Sapphiro credit card : LTF
  2. HDFC (Premium salary account)
    1. Platinum debit card
    2. regalia credit card: LTF
  3. Axis ( Priority salary account)
    1. priority debit card
    2. vistara forex card: LTF
    3. select Credit card: LTF
Basic Insurance and all is pretty similar. 0 minimum balance account and same free banking things.

which would be better to consider as the salary account. to me the credit limit might not matter as much as for others, I do understand good limit in these cards open possibilty to upgrade soon to higher card. But in terms of pure savings and spends which would be better salary account.
  • average usage of all my current card comes about 70-80K per month. I generally use mobikwik to pay them. dont use cred anymore as no cashback.

Main lookout for me is lounge access per say. but non of these fulfill the need properly so I am fine with all as such. I really love the ease of banking with icici so I am little bit inclined towards its but I want more informed approach from the community what would be better.

• Getting all 3 rubyx in my existing non salary account :LTF 2 different applications

just for reference the cards I own: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/list-of-card-i-own.25159/#post-596385

Card, limit, fees, age of card

1. Amex platinum travel, 4.9 lakh, 3500+gst, 4+ years
2. Amex mrcc, 50k, LTF, and 4+ years
3. Amazon Icici, 6.1 lakh, LTF, 6+ years
4. Icici coral hpcl visa, 6.1 lakh, 200rs +gst, waiver 50k spend, 8 years
5. Axis flipkart, 4.95 lakh, ltf, 5+ years
6. Idfc wealth, 7.1 lakh, ltf, 6 months
7. HDFC swiggy, 1 Lakh, 500rs, 4 months
Axis priority is fine for now and later you can upgrade to burgundy.
Try to get horizon cc as ltf if possible.
With burgundy later you can try for atlas.
Priority dc gives 1% cb on cc bill payment via mobikwik.

I went with icici wealth as they have agreed to give me saphhiro LTF, they said they will get the approvals for it as soon as my account is active starting 3rd september.

Axis i didn't choose for 1 reason excessive minimum criteria for lounge access. I do use my axis flipkart card but i am pretty sure i wont be able yo use any other axis card.

My majority usage i try to use AMEX card. Except for special offer.
  • amazon: amazon icici card
  • flipkart, cleartrip: flipkart axis card
  • swiggy and bill payment up untill now via amazon: swiggy hdfc card.
    • cant use this card for bill payment from now on amazon due to surcharge being added. except when the cashback is more then surcharge
  • all other card where their is any specific offer
Also I tried to as responsible as possible to figure out the offers. And I didn't fine that axis card gives 1% cashback on bill payment via mobikwik.
priority debit card no such offer: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards/priority-debit-card
E-debit card has some offer: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards/e-debit-card/features-and-benefits#menuTab

please correct me if i am wrong here.

Icici wealth would also be eventually downgraded if salary credit is less than 3L. In that case the debit card might also become chargeable.

Icici wealth would also be eventually downgraded if salary credit is less than 3L. In that case the debit card might also become chargeable.
actually it wont, I took the confirmation from the branch manager on email. as they have taken approvals for my account. and in worst case scenario it that happens Ill switch to hdfc then maybe. as I will still keep sapphiro LTF.

I did wanted to go with hdfc but I was getting dicy answers from different bank agents.
  1. corporate agent
    • no regalia ltf free can try to get FYF
    • milenia credit card I will get ltf.
  2. bank agent
    • regalia LTF we can get you after 2 salary credit .
  3. different branch agent
    • regalia FYF.
  4. another different branch agent
    • you invest 3 lakh with us within 3 months, he will get me DCB LTF.
got pretty varied answers , so couldnt go with hdfc.

I went with icici wealth as they have agreed to give me saphhiro LTF, they said they will get the approvals for it as soon as my account is active starting 3rd september.

Axis i didn't choose for 1 reason excessive minimum criteria for lounge access. I do use my axis flipkart card but i am pretty sure i wont be able yo use any other axis card.

My majority usage i try to use AMEX card. Except for special offer.
  • amazon: amazon icici card
  • flipkart, cleartrip: flipkart axis card
  • swiggy and bill payment up untill now via amazon: swiggy hdfc card.
    • cant use this card for bill payment from now on amazon due to surcharge being added. except when the cashback is more then surcharge
  • all other card where their is any specific offer
Also I tried to as responsible as possible to figure out the offers. And I didn't fine that axis card gives 1% cashback on bill payment via mobikwik.
priority debit card no such offer: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards/priority-debit-card
E-debit card has some offer: https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards/e-debit-card/features-and-benefits#menuTab

please correct me if i am wrong here.
Valid point for sapphiro as it's decent for lifestyle benefits.
But coming to axis
It you can get atlas, it's one of the best cards out there and also has no restriction on lounge usage afaik.
Also 1% is priority salary account benefit and not debit card. Attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-01-18-20-57-00.webp
    Screenshot_2024-09-01-18-20-57-00.webp
    183.6 KB · Views: 30
Valid point for sapphiro as it's decent for lifestyle benefits.
But coming to axis
It you can get atlas, it's one of the best cards out there and also has no restriction on lounge usage afaik.
Also 1% is priority salary account benefit and not debit card. Attached screenshot.
I tried for other card even atlas but the corporate team was adamant about select card. maybe if I would have visited a branch here in Bangalore I might have received different card offer.

How 1% cb on cc bill payments.? For all Priority accounts or just the salary variant.?

If you have more than 2.5L salary then only this topic will have meaningful discussion otherwise any branch nearby is same like other branch.

i am about to get burgandy account with some relaxations of limit due to corporate tie-ups, but RM is adamant of giving Atlas LTF currently. She has promised with no surety of trying for it again in a month. is select LTF worth taking for or a wait for Atlas or Magnus is worth ? Looking for suggestions.

i am about to get burgandy account with some relaxations of limit due to corporate tie-ups, but RM is adamant of giving Atlas LTF currently. She has promised with no surety of trying for it again in a month. is select LTF worth taking for or a wait for Atlas or Magnus is worth ? Looking for suggestions.
I would not recommend select not because of any card reasons but just why so we need so many cards it affects total limit and cibil. and any day you can get select from the same agent. wait for atlas

Back