• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Finance and Banking apps crash HDFC iMobilePay SBI CARD BHIM

avis_

TF Premier
I am a OnePlus user, after updating my device through an OTA software update, (It was an Android security patch update) I am experiencing a weird issue, where all banking and finance related apps are crashing immediately after opening them.

Affected apps
HDFC MOBILE BANKING (always)
ICICI iMobilePay (occasionally)
SBI CARDS (occasionally)
BHIM (Always)

I have found a work around for HDFC app.

1. Disconnect Mobile data/wifi
2. Open the app
3. After login screen comes connect to Mobile data or wifi
4. It will login successfully. Don't ever logout. After some time it will auto logout due to inactivity.

For other apps if there is any workaround pls let me know.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dont want to be that guy but have you tried "uninstalling and re-installling" the apps
Could be existing cache/storage related issues due to update
Either try reinstalling or clearing the app cache/storage.
If issue still persist, check on twitter or some forums, you will not be only one facing issue.

Abhishek20

TF Premier
I am facing an issue on my Realme device (Android 11) for HDFC app. Crashes most of the times that I open it, have to wait for 5-10 mins and try again (due to dumb hdfc active sesson thing) till it usually works on 3rd-4th try. I will try few things like clearing cache/data/reinstalling to see if anything works

avis_

TF Premier
Dont want to be that guy but have you tried "uninstalling and re-installling" the apps
Could be existing cache/storage related issues due to update
Either try reinstalling or clearing the app cache/storage.
If issue still persist, check on twitter or some forums, you will not be only one facing issue.
Yes all options tried. Even twitter route they are not considering 😑

SunnyM

TF Premier
Thanks avis_ your trick worked for me for hdfc app. SBI was not giving me problems and imobile app crashes less and works most of the time. I have a one plus 11r too.

I am a OnePlus user, after updating my device through an OTA software update, (It was an Android security patch update) I am experiencing a weird issue, where all banking and finance related apps are crashing immediately after opening them.

Affected apps
SBI CARDS (occasionally)
BHIM (Always)

2. Open the app
4. It will login successfully. Don't ever logout. After some time it will auto logout due to inactivity.

Clear cache, force stop the app, reboot the device or reinstall the app

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have been facing similar issue I think it's the Android security patch. Figured out the offline trick when I went through the bug report 2 weeks ago. Thanks for sharing though it'll help many people here!

I found that updates of security patches and OS version upgrades - in many phones - are resulting in App related errors - mostly banking apps.

EXCEPT GOOGLE PIXEL PHONES.

I have been using Pixel phones - 3XL, then 4a5G till Oct22 and 6a from then onwards.

No issues at all. Perfect.

Rooted devices also give errors. Most banking apps will not run on rooted devices. If rooting is done after installing the Apps, their functioning is not proper. Full of errors n crashes.

So, AVOID rooting.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Affected apps
SBI CARDS (occasionally)
BHIM (Always)

2. Open the app

No issues for me too..

Seems like OnePlus did something wrong..

Shash

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Affected apps
SBI CARDS (occasionally)
BHIM (Always)

2. Open the app

Same issue on my OnePlus and this trick worked. Thankyou

avis_

TF Premier
Here is a Update for HDFC App.

1) Drop a poor rating on Google Play store.
2) you will receive mail from Developer to share Google play store linked mail to them, so that they can enable beta for you.
3) After few days you will receive the Beta Link signup the same
4) go to play store you will find an update for the app. Place the update
5) Now the Crashing issue will be fixed.