• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Freedom sale 50% off valid for 15 August 2024 Limited period CIBIL subscription offer

I am having 26 active credit cards right now and no loans. I am tracking my CIBIL score every month through Google pay and One Score apps for free. So far I am okay with it.
I am wondering if subscribing to CIBIL is really worth it for me.
Does it add any additional value apart from the daily refresh feature?
Experts kindly advise. TIA.

I am having 26 active credit cards right now and no loans. I am tracking my CIBIL score every month through Google pay and One Score apps for free. So far I am okay with it.
Considering banks push credit information to the bureaus once in a month, variation of CIBIL score on a daily basis is very negligible/minimal.
Do we really need daily refresh?!!
Please enlighten me if I am missing out on anything.

Addressing any future issues with your score / accounts in a timely manner , in case something is wrong is the main use of CIBIL subscritpion..

and also realtime montioring of events and again you are hearing from the source.. not from a third party..
Now you can decide yourself if it is worth or not.. everyone's perception, tolerance and thresholds are different..

Last edited:
Considering banks push credit information to the bureaus once in a month, variation of CIBIL score on a daily basis is very negligible/minimal.
Do we really need daily refresh?!!
Please enlighten me if I am missing out on anything.
the point here is , every bank is reporting on diffrent dates.. not all the banks report eaxctly on the same date even though it is monthly..
so yeah daily is a bit overkill.. the more cards from more banks more dynamic is your score..

evern though their reporitng date is month end, they report on different dates.. hene score chages as soon as it was reported..

Take an example of banks reporting balances as on month end:
1) Axis
2)BOB
3) HDFC
4)IndusInd
5)IDFC
6)Kotak
7)Yes Bank
etc..

for example:
AXIS reports your month end balance on 5th,
BOB on 10th
, HDFC on 6th,
Indusind on 2nd
Yes on 8th
Kotak on 3rd
etc. etc..
your score changes on each of those days..

Apart form the above, there are banks which reports balances as on bill generation date but again the actual report update date will be different..

these bansk are:
1) Amex
2)ICICI
3) SBI etc..

so on those dates, the score changes again..

Now you can decidce yourself if it is worth taking CIBIL subscription !!..
Enjoy !!

Last edited:
the point here is , every bank is reporting on diffrent dates.. not all the banks report eaxctly on the same date even though it is monthly..
so yeah daily is a bit overkill.. the more cards from more banks more dynamic is your score..

evern though their reporitng date is month end, they report on different dates.. hene score chages as soon as it was reported..

Take an example of banks reporting balances as on month end:
1) Axis
2)BOB
3) HDFC
4)IndusInd
5)IDFC
6)Kotak
7)Yes Bank
etc..

for example:
AXIS reports your month end balance on 5th,
BOB on 10th
, HDFC on 6th,
Indusind on 2nd
Yes on 8th
Kotak on 3rd
etc. etc..
your score changes on each of those days..

Apart form the above, there are banks which reports balances as on bill generation date but again the actual report update date will be different..

these bansk are:
1) Amex
2)ICICI
3) SBI etc..

so on those dates, the score changes again..

Now you can decidce yourself if it is worth taking CIBIL subscription !!..
Enjoy !!
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!
One more question... Is there any notification or 'activity log' kind of thing to indicate what exactly got changed since the last refresh?
Or we need to look into the report and manually find it?
i.e., can we find out the reason for score change - "which bank has updated what in which account on what time"

Reactions: SSV
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!
One more question... Is there any notification or 'activity log' kind of thing to indicate what exactly got changed since the last refresh?
Or we need to look into the report and manually find it?
i.e., can we find out the reason for score change - "which bank has updated what in which account on what time"
No.. it wont tell you exactly . but you need to figure it out.. if you follow every day then you will get an idea.

However, there are alerts that will be stored.. but it wont point to which bank..

like this

1723714238876.png

My stack up at 1:49 am.

View attachment 65070

On my CIBIL - Pracitcal Guide thread.... at 2:13 AM

View attachment 65071
bhai itne saal ka plan abhi se buy kar liya??? :P
next year ya fir uske next year bhi koi or offer ayega hi :D

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
bhai itne saal ka plan abhi se buy kar liya??? :P
next year ya fir uske next year bhi koi or offer ayega hi :D
offer may come / may not come.. we never know.
50% off is really a good deal..
and this 50% off was supposed to be on " monthly " plan only.. not supposed to be on "yearly " plan.. hence the stacking up ..

Reactions: BVC
Let me tell you one thing. When everything goes well without any deviation no need of these tracking and all. If you’ve subscription you can raise disputes, get unlimited access of reports and monitor your account and all.

If there is any issue you can always raise a dispute with Cibil and they will try to resolve. That’s where it really helps.

Reactions: Rkr
Back