• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

General Banking Discussions Thread

My Indie account got debit frozen.
RM says, "Field verification is marked as negative.".

"
Greetings from IndusInd Bank!
Please treat this communication with urgency and attention as this pertains to your captioned
account maintained with IndusInd Bank.
As per RBI Master Direction on KYC updated as on January 2024,vide
circular RBI/DBR/2015-16/18 DBR.AML.BC. No.81/14.01.001/2015-16, banks to have a risk
based approach on customer identification and periodic review of risk categorization of
accounts and due diligence measures.
To comply with the extent guidelines, as a part of due diligence process, we tried contacting you
at the communication address registered in our records. However, we could not contact you due
to Door Locked / Address Shifted / not contactable / Non Cooperation at the communication
address.
"

Due to spam calls, I sort of blocked all bank calls. I'm not sure if anyone called for verification.
This is the first time I have heard about physical verification for savings accounts.
I already have an exclusive account with family addons.

The account was opened last year. I used the debit card abroad last year.
After hearing the devaluation of Tiers, I blocked and closed the debit card a few weeks ago and removed the funds.

Anyone else got their account frozen with respect to field verification 👀
This happened 2 weeks ago, and the account is still in a frozen state even after sending them self-attested address proofs.
Another Indie account debit freeze 😞 best thing you have done that you removed funds before freeze

Ye sab krne baad agar tumhara mind cool h

Toh bhai salute h 🫡🫡🤣🤣
Bharosa-rakhiye-purane-khiladi-hai-1200x675.jpg

Offtopic
Guys I today visited branch of a govt Bank to deposit 90k and cashier there told me that one note of 100 rs is fake and he created a scene there
Branch was full of customer due to Monday

He directed me to meet BM only then he will deposit my 90k in account
I gave him replacement 100 note

He threatened me with police case, FIR

AND HE TOLD ME that u will face consequences of it

I tried every way to explain him that we have a shop where cash transaction are done
Actually our shop is small and due to wedding season crowd is more so maybe someone gave us fake note
We were unaware of that and as usual deposited that
After so much sorry
He agree to accept other notes and credited 90k in my account but he kept that fake note with himself

I told him to gave me back that note so that we can use xchange them with the customer who gave us

But he denied and made me fill a form with kyc alongwith note details and note
All this was done in front of crowd as branch is small so there is no cabin

I am really pissed off with their behaviour
And I was maintaining a good relation in terms of money with them still they treated me badly

All this was unintentional

Need ur inputs please on this

Offtopic
Guys I today visited branch of a govt Bank to deposit 90k and cashier there told me that one note of 100 rs is fake and he created a scene there
Branch was full of customer due to Monday

He directed me to meet BM only then he will deposit my 90k in account
I gave him replacement 100 note

He threatened me with police case, FIR

AND HE TOLD ME that u will face consequences of it

I tried every way to explain him that we have a shop where cash transaction are done
Actually our shop is small and due to wedding season crowd is more so maybe someone gave us fake note
We were unaware of that and as usual deposited that
After so much sorry
He agree to accept other notes and credited 90k in my account but he kept that fake note with himself

I told him to gave me back that note so that we can use xchange them with the customer who gave us

But he denied and made me fill a form with kyc alongwith note details and note
All this was done in front of crowd as branch is small so there is no cabin

I am really pissed off with their behaviour
And I was maintaining a good relation in terms of money with them still they treated me badly

All this was unintentional

Need ur inputs please on this
He did as per rbi guidelines. Detected fake notes are not be returned to customer rather form has to filled and it has to be reported to police. They do enquiry to trace the path of fake currency. If cashier knows you or mostly in the case of private banks they just return it to the customer to prevent any inconvenience to the customer and the bank both as police takes statements of both. Ex banker @RAMESH BABU N sir can throw some light here

Last edited:
This should not happen at all.

There is no need to create scene by Branch for one Rs.100 Note

Aise Case m toh bhai chup chap bolta cashier sir yeh note badal ke dedo🤣

Silently sab ho jata.

PSU se aur expect kya kar sakte hai

Let me guess, BOB the Builder???

Bro mai na sehta....
Punjab sind Bank it was
Bhai sehne na sehne ki baat nahi hai
I was having 3.5lakh somthing cash in my bag at that time and I was scared because he told about police fir and all
We never had any type of incidence earlier and I do believe that he took advantage of that

He did as per rbi guidelines. Detected fake notes are not be returned to customer rather form has to filled and it has to be reported to police. They do enquiry to trace th path of fake currency. If cashier knows you or mostly in the case of private banks they just return it to the customer to prevent any inconvenience to the customer and the bank both as police takes statements of both. Ex banker @RAMESH BABU N sir can throw some light here
I usually deposit in CDM machines so have never had issue
But today connectivity issue was there is banks so I thought to deposit manually and this happened

He did as per rbi guidelines. Detected fake notes are not be returned to customer rather form has to filled and it has to be reported to police. They do enquiry to trace th path of fake currency. If cashier knows you or mostly in the case of private banks they just return it to the customer to prevent any inconvenience to the customer and the bank both as police takes statements of both. Ex banker @RAMESH BABU N sir can throw some light here
Yes you are right look at this RBI direction

it states "In no case, the Counterfeit Notes should be returned to the tenderer or destroyed by the bank branches / treasuries. Failure of the banks to impound Counterfeit Notes detected at their end will be construed as wilful involvement of the bank concerned in circulating Counterfeit Notes and penalty will be imposed."

Punjab sind Bank it was
Bhai sehne na sehne ki baat nahi hai
I was having 3.5lakh somthing cash in my bag at that time and I was scared because he told about police fir and all
We never had any type of incidence earlier and I do believe that he took advantage of that
I'll advice you to meet the manager directly and request him to not report to police and return the form and note to avoid any inconvenience to both parties. What you could have done is not signed the form and just denied to the cashier that rs 100 note is not mine. Now as you've signed the form just approach the BM. And request him politely

He did as per rbi guidelines. Detected fake notes are not be returned to customer rather form has to filled and it has to be reported to police. They do enquiry to trace the path of fake currency. If cashier knows you or mostly in the case of private banks they just return it to the customer to prevent any inconvenience to the customer and the bank both as police takes statements of both. Ex banker @RAMESH BABU N sir can throw some light here
While I am ok with their procedure
But there was no need of creating scene in front of other customer
Evryone was seeing me like I did a crime

I'll advice you to meet the manager directly and request him to not report to police and return the form and note to avoid any inconvenience to both parties. What you could have done is not signed the form and just denied to the cashier that rs 100 note is not mine. Now as you've signed the form just approach the BM. And request him politely
I will visit branch next week and will close this account
I don't need such banks in my life
I really respect the procedure and rules but the way they did with me was wrong

I will visit branch next week and will close this account
I don't need such banks in my life
I really respect the procedure and rules but the way they did with me was wrong
Just a polite request to the BM will save you from police enquiry if they file a FIR. police people will make you culprit unless you fill their pockets. You'll have to keep your ego aside to take you out from this mess

Back