• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Got HDFC Regalia as my first HDFC card but I am not happy

prtraj

TF Buzz
I have been trying for a HDFC credit card since last 2-3 years probably but was unable to get it. This time I got approved for HDFC Regalia (not Gold variant) for annual fees of Rs. 2500/-. I am fine with the annual fees but I am unhappy with the benefits that I can get from it. For example I was hoping for better airport domestic lounge access but after receiving the card I got to know there is a spend based criteria of 1Lac in a quarter. What do you suggest?? Should I hold this card for a year and try for a upgrade or something similar later? Do note that I always tried for HDFC Tata Neu Infinity card but it was always getting rejected but somehow this time upon applying the only card that showed me as eligible was regalia and I proceeded with it.

I'm confused. If you aren't happy with the card benefits, then why did you take it? Adding insult to injury, it's not even LTF either.

I'm glad, you didn't took Tata neu card as it's not a core card of HDFC. If you had taken that, then getting a core card would be a huge hassle.

My advice would be to milk this card as much as possible, so the chances of upgrades gets easier. Good luck.

HDFC Regalia is not a good card anymore with fees. If you haven't activated it, better to cancel it without paying fees. Regalia Gold is much better option even if paid

You can try for Millennia if you want core card. You should be able to get it in a few months given that you have regalia as option while applying

I'm confused. If you aren't happy with the card benefits, then why did you take it? Adding insult to injury, it's not even LTF either.

I'm glad, you didn't took Tata neu card as it's not a core card of HDFC. If you had taken that, then getting a core card would be a huge hassle.

My advice would be to milk this card as much as possible, so the chances of upgrades gets easier. Good luck.
Actually I didn't read the terms properly and took an impulsive decision while applying. As I mentioned, my application was always rejected the moment I submitted it but this time it only showed this HDFC Regalia card as eligible and no other card during the application submission and I took it. Ok I will try to milk this card as you suggested and let's see how it goes.

HDFC Regalia is not a good card anymore with fees. If you haven't activated it, better to cancel it without paying fees. Regalia Gold is much better option even if paid

You can try for Millennia if you want core card. You should be able to get it in a few months given that you have regalia as option while applying
I have activated it unfortunately. :( Anyways it's a mistake from my end!! So I will try to gain as much benefits from it as I can.

I have activated it unfortunately. :( Anyways it's a mistake from my end!! So I will try to gain as much benefits from it as I can.
If you have activated it, then only option left now is to use the card to the fullest for one year and wait for other pre approved offers. try using this card for smart buy offers as much as possible to extract max value

They generally have voucher which will offset your fees if you make transaction with in a month. You can check card activation offer on hdfc web site

My friend...I am not sure about the best way to put this across, so I will choose the blunt way.
What was your expectation? You mentioned that you got rejected previously. Now, this was the only card being offered, of course it would be an entry level or not a very good card.
Credit cards usually get rejected due to lack of credit history/low credit score or income criteria. I would sincerely suggest using this card to start your journey while working on the other factors. Don't get too caught up on I am not happy or this is not a great card. Think of it as a starting point 👍

I am surprised HDFC is still approving Regalia !!!
There was talk that this card is discontinued.
The one advantage Reagalia has is Priority Pass and foreign lounge access which doesnt require spend criteria.

Hi,

How's getting a core card be a hassle if someone takes tata neu card ?

Asking this as I just got my first HDFC CC and that's TATA Neu Plus.

Hi,

How's getting a core card be a hassle if someone takes tata neu card ?

Asking this as I just got my first HDFC CC and that's TATA Neu Plus.
Try to get a core card now, you will understand what I meant. The amount of mails you have to send is just ridiculous, expect straight rejections in future.

Back