• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got SBI Cashback Instantly

cowcoconut

TF Premier
Hey,
I had previously applied for sbi cashback and the agent kept calling me to verify and kept failing. Random calls etc. kept happening for a month and they rejected my card. I finally gave up and then got the hdfc swiggy card. Now today when I logged into internet banking, it showed that I'm eligible for pre approved credit cards, SBI cashback was one of them. I clicked apply and filled the form today afternoon.
Today evening itself I got the confirmation that my card is dispatched and also got a virtual card right away.
At first I thought I got scammed or something, but I checked and it was real. That was the fastest credit card application of my life.

EDIT: Some additional info:
This time, when I applied from the netbanking page, there was no KYC calls/video etc. There was a CIBIL enquiry though.
I have an RD with SBI. Have no prior SBI credit card. CIBIL Score was 789 at the time.

This is what it looked like in the netbanking page:
OGn4FUW.webp

Last edited:
You also have salary account with sbi ? And any other relationships like fd etc
No...I have a regular savings account. I haven't been maintaining even ₹500 MAB. My monthly fellowship gets credited to this account but I transfer it to an another account the same day.

I just have their credit cards. Never had any other relationships.

I don't know whether this is the reason for offers..but my account is sort of in the middle of being upgraded to wealth.

Is there any advantage to rupay cards?
I thought Visa would be better for me since better acceptance in international websites
Is there 5% cashback for international spend too?
I need rupay for offline payments and if they give 1% cashback in UPI transaction,then it will be bonus but I doubt it will happen.
May be they will give 1% in UPI payments of only above 2k.
And also for me with UPI transaction,it will be easier to reach the spending milestones of 2 lakh as my spending is not that high without those instant discount offers

Hey,
I had previously applied for sbi cashback and the agent kept calling me to verify and kept failing. Random calls etc. kept happening for a month and they rejected my card. I finally gave up and then got the hdfc swiggy card. Now today when I logged into internet banking, it showed that I'm eligible for pre approved credit cards, SBI cashback was one of them. I clicked apply and filled the form today afternoon.
Today evening itself I got the confirmation that my card is dispatched and also got a virtual card right away.

At first I thought I got scammed or something, but I checked and it was real. That was the fastest credit card application of my life.
Hi, I've two questions. First, did they do any v-KYC? Second, was there a CIBIL enquiry?

Is there 5% cashback for international spend too?
I need rupay for offline payments and if they give 1% cashback in UPI transaction,then it will be bonus but I doubt it will happen.
May be they will give 1% in UPI payments of only above 2k.
And also for me with UPI transaction,it will be easier to reach the spending milestones of 2 lakh as my spending is not that high without those instant discount offers
No idea actually about international payments.
Anyways most merchants near me in Bangalore have UPI credit transactions disabled as far as I know.

Hi, I've two questions. First, did they do any v-KYC? Second, was there a CIBIL enquiry?
No video kyc. Just aadhar login and verification. But I have a bank account with them and I got redirected from the internet banking site so maybe that's a reason.
I don't know where to check if there's a cibil enquiry in real time. I only see them on the next month's cibil report from paisabaazar

No idea actually about international payments.
Anyways most merchants near me in Bangalore have UPI credit transactions disabled as far as I know.

No video kyc. Just aadhar login and verification. But I have a bank account with them and I got redirected from the internet banking site so maybe that's a reason.
I don't know where to check if there's a cibil enquiry in real time. I only see them on the next month's cibil report from paisabaazar
If would have got sms from cibil if there was a enquiry

Nice. Never heard that cashback card pre approved..
Pre approved or pre eligible?

I've also been seeing some such offer for a month or so now, promising instant issue of any of 6 cards including Elite and Cashback. It says most things would be pre-filled. I just need to fill in the rest and the card would be issued instantly! Don't know if that means pre-approved or something else.

Hey,

How much AMB did you maintain

Back