• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got SBI Cashback Instantly

cowcoconut

TF Premier
Hey,
I had previously applied for sbi cashback and the agent kept calling me to verify and kept failing. Random calls etc. kept happening for a month and they rejected my card. I finally gave up and then got the hdfc swiggy card. Now today when I logged into internet banking, it showed that I'm eligible for pre approved credit cards, SBI cashback was one of them. I clicked apply and filled the form today afternoon.
Today evening itself I got the confirmation that my card is dispatched and also got a virtual card right away.
At first I thought I got scammed or something, but I checked and it was real. That was the fastest credit card application of my life.

EDIT: Some additional info:
This time, when I applied from the netbanking page, there was no KYC calls/video etc. There was a CIBIL enquiry though.
I have an RD with SBI. Have no prior SBI credit card. CIBIL Score was 789 at the time.

This is what it looked like in the netbanking page:
OGn4FUW.webp

Last edited:
Wow! that came as a surprise. Never saw these floater messages in the past on website. Checked today, no floater add ;)

What was the welcome gift worth 5K* ??? as per the banner?
I didn't read the welcome gift part, was too excited about getting cashback. Can someone else who got a card through netbanking share what the welcome gift was?
I haven't paid my first statement and I haven't got any gifts so far.

Last edited:
Hey,
I had previously applied for sbi cashback and the agent kept calling me to verify and kept failing. Random calls etc. kept happening for a month and they rejected my card. I finally gave up and then got the hdfc swiggy card. Now today when I logged into internet banking, it showed that I'm eligible for pre approved credit cards, SBI cashback was one of them. I clicked apply and filled the form today afternoon.
Today evening itself I got the confirmation that my card is dispatched and also got a virtual card right away.

At first I thought I got scammed or something, but I checked and it was real. That was the fastest credit card application of my life.

EDIT: Some additional info:
My SBI bank account is more than 10 years old, have been crediting my salary (~1L) to it for the past 2 years. I also have an RD amouting to ~9 Lakhs with SBI. I maintain a balance of less than 1000 rupees (other than the RD). Have no prior SBI credit card. CIBIL Score was 789 at the time. Mainly used Millenia(1.5L Limit) and ICICI Sapphiro (3L Limit). Limit I got for cashback was 97k.
I had tried applying for Cashback 3 months earlier, but the kyc calls kept disconnecting right away after I picked up. This time, when I applied from the netbanking page, there was no KYC calls/video etc. There was a CIBIL enquiry though.

This is what it looked like in the netbanking page:
View attachment 63209
Congrats! My father's SBI Netbanking shows a "pre-qualified" banner as well. He has a Salary account too, which could be the reason why it shows a pre-approved offer for him.

It's a good thing SBI is finally having some sort of coordination with SBI Card. However, I wished they had given him a LTF offer, as it's really difficult to get a LTF SBI Card credit card lately.

Congrats! My father's SBI Netbanking shows a "pre-qualified" banner as well. He has a Salary account too, which could be the reason why it shows a pre-approved offer for him.

It's a good thing SBI is finally having some sort of coordination with SBI Card. However, I wished they had given him a LTF offer, as it's really difficult to get a LTF SBI Card credit card lately.
bhai ek baar start se end tk batana story uncle ke account se jab aap apply karoge. Sabko help ho jayegi.

The trick remains unknown as SBI gives generic reason live over-leveraged, how can a customer improve and reapply.

I was thinking I am overleveraged and wasn't applying took risk recently got card approved.
Bhai application reject kr di hai, upar se abhi mere pas cibil enquiry bhi kri, can we make them remove this or not ?

I think 5k is the joining benefit that comes with Elite. Not every card would be getting 5k IMO
Seems this is the case. Sharing the joining benefits as it appears in net banking

Attachments

• IMG_20240731_000823.webp
    IMG_20240731_000823.webp
    96.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-13-817_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-13-817_com.android.chrome.webp
    1,008 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-21-582_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-21-582_com.android.chrome.webp
    419.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-25-558_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-25-558_com.android.chrome.webp
    820 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-28-727_com.android.chrome.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-31-00-07-28-727_com.android.chrome.webp
    655.3 KB · Views: 31
correct but he was asking about joining benefits when applied thru netbanking channel.. is ther eany benefits thru NB channel?
No benefits boss. 5k is indeed for elite card as it used to exist. No special joining benefits for any card.

Ironically I am seeing CB in preapproved even when I already hold one

Reactions: SSV
Back