• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got SBI Cashback Instantly

cowcoconut

TF Premier
Hey,
I had previously applied for sbi cashback and the agent kept calling me to verify and kept failing. Random calls etc. kept happening for a month and they rejected my card. I finally gave up and then got the hdfc swiggy card. Now today when I logged into internet banking, it showed that I'm eligible for pre approved credit cards, SBI cashback was one of them. I clicked apply and filled the form today afternoon.
Today evening itself I got the confirmation that my card is dispatched and also got a virtual card right away.
At first I thought I got scammed or something, but I checked and it was real. That was the fastest credit card application of my life.

EDIT: Some additional info:
This time, when I applied from the netbanking page, there was no KYC calls/video etc. There was a CIBIL enquiry though.
I have an RD with SBI. Have no prior SBI credit card. CIBIL Score was 789 at the time.

This is what it looked like in the netbanking page:
OGn4FUW.webp

Last edited:
There are stepping stones in between like KYC and E-Sign + 1 few calls. All completed ?
Yes. First I received a call, they sent link to vKYC. vKYC was successfully completed. Then next call recevied and they asked all the details from name to what not and at the end they said card will be approved "soon" and will reach you in 7-10 working days.

They also said in the 2nd call that an agent will come to your provided address for verification?

Yes. First I received a call, they sent link to vKYC. vKYC was successfully completed. Then next call recevied and they asked all the details from name to what not and at the end they said card will be approved "soon" and will reach you in 7-10 working days.

They also said in the 2nd call that an agent will come to your provided address for verification?
When was the next call received by you after the vkyc?

Last edited:

Its still in process then with SBI we need patience !!

Why was the next call received by you after the vkyc?
I don't know. First call was only for confirming I applied or not and providing vKYC. Tye person in 1st call said I will receive 2nd call which is the actual verification call. In the 2nd call only they recollected all my details and explained about the card.

Back