• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has anyone tried applying for Federal Bank Card Online ?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have Fi Federal Bank Account . I was thinking , I could get a Federal Bank CC by applying online .
Share your Views.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So, have you got any intimation regarding the upgrade to unsecured? It was said that within 6 months they will upgrade it to unsecured, when I was asking about it at the time of joining. It's almost year now, nothing on it.

What's happening with your OneCard Lite?
In fact it was just yesterday that I had a long telephone call with their customer care regarding this. I had actually called to ask about the procedure for closing the FD and Card. The reason I took a secured card is that then, my city was not in the list of serviceable cities. So I had no choice but to get an FD of 50K for the metal card (Not Lite). A couple of weeks after getting the card, my area too, became serviceable. In fact my wife took a OneCard after that and it's unsecured.

I was told that as of now, there is upgrade program to unsecured, available. I was free to close my FD and thus the card if I wanted too. They don't seem concerned about retention. I'm gonna wait for some more days before going ahead as if I close the FD before 6 months, I lose on 3K as some kind of fine. It's a lesser amount for the Lite version.

In conclusion, they have no idea as of now if and when they will start upgrading from secured to unsecured.

alanabraham

TF Premier
In fact it was just yesterday that I had a long telephone call with their customer care regarding this. I had actually called to ask about the procedure for closing the FD and Card. The reason I took a secured card is that then, my city was not in the list of serviceable cities. So I had no choice but to get an FD of 50K for the metal card (Not Lite). A couple of weeks after getting the card, my area too, became serviceable. In fact my wife took a OneCard after that and it's unsecured.

I was told that as of now, there is upgrade program to unsecured, available. I was free to close my FD and thus the card if I wanted too. They don't seem concerned about retention. I'm gonna wait for some more days before going ahead as if I close the FD before 6 months, I lose on 3K as some kind of fine. It's a lesser amount for the Lite version.

In conclusion, they have no idea as of now if and when they will start upgrading from secured to unsecured.
That's totally an unethical practice from them. They were canvasing customers by offered Unsecured upgrade in few months. But now they are keeping complete silence on this. Seems like their aim was to pump some fund to partner bank as per their deal.

alanabraham

TF Premier

Also if you close before 1 year, 1% will be deducted. Keep that in mind as well if you are closing after 6 months but before 1 year.

In Cibil now my onecard is showing as Unsecured credit card. How about yours?

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also if you close before 1 year, 1% will be deducted. Keep that in mind as well if you are closing after 6 months but before 1 year.

In Cibil now my onecard is showing as Unsecured credit card. How about yours?
What part and how in the CIBIL report does is any card mentioned as secured or unsecured? 🤔 🤔 🤔

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That's totally an unethical practice from them. They were canvasing customers by offered Unsecured upgrade in few months. But now they are keeping complete silence on this. Seems like their aim was to pump some fund to partner bank as per their deal.
Absolutely unethical. But what does one do?

alanabraham

TF Premier
What part and how in the CIBIL report does is any card mentioned as secured or unsecured? 🤔 🤔 🤔
@fatehbajwa @StanRoute66

Reports from Cibil & Experian. Its was mentioned as Secured Credit Card until January 2022. Now it's mentioned as Credit Card (All Unsecured cards are mentioned as credit cards)

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20220503_125759.jpg
    IMG_20220503_125759.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20220503_131103.jpg
    IMG_20220503_131103.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220503_131208.jpg
    IMG_20220503_131208.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: