• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Launched

Indian market essentially is not seen for accepting great lifestyle benefits on such category of cards instead loopholes being explored and putting banks on devaluation routes so far. Even in USA Amex devalued their platinum card which is pretty normal but in the price range of hotels we have in india platinum elite is superbly difficult to materialise. But it’s a good thought though.
The platinum charge card got slightly devalued not the Marriot bonvoy card.infact it has added more benefits and increased the fees.

Its not true that lifestyle cards don't have much success in india.take platinum charge for example its pure lifestyle card with a fee of 72000.still people are using it.

Also i don't think this card will be misused.as its only useful for people staying at Marriot properties especially those with club lounges.if it has fee of 50K then there will be even fewer people taking it.

I think the time has come in India to have more co-branded cards, especially in the hospitality sector.I think with the current boom in hotel industry we might see that.

The platinum charge card got slightly devalued not the Marriot bonvoy card.infact it has added more benefits and increased the fees.

Its not true that lifestyle cards don't have much success in india.take platinum charge for example its pure lifestyle card with a fee of 72000.still people are using it.

Also i don't think this card will be misused.as its only useful for people staying at Marriot properties especially those with club lounges.if it has fee of 50K then there will be even fewer people taking it.

I think the time has come in India to have more co-branded cards, especially in the hospitality sector.I think with the current boom in hotel industry we might see that.
I can agree with that to some extent, I use the platinum charge and the journey so far has been seamless. Can't expect the same level of service from HDFC though coz they target the mid market for sales. Can't really expect a 50k cobranded card from them given their line of business so far.

On spending 5 lacs a month can’t even get a room in basic Cat 1 or 2 hotel. Only thing worth the time and effort seems to be free night benefit along with milestone benefit

On spending 5 lacs a month can’t even get a room in basic Cat 1 or 2 hotel. Only thing worth the time and effort seems to be free night benefit along with milestone benefit
Why to spend with this card.
This card is strictly for joining and welcome benefits FNA and the 10 elite nights just in case you can manage the life time statuses from Marriot.
Use this card with Plat travel and redeem the free award night with extra 15k points from plat travel spends

Why to spend with this card.
This card is strictly for joining and welcome benefits FNA and the 10 elite nights just in case you can manage the life time statuses from Marriot.
Use this card with Plat travel and redeem the free award night with extra 15k points from plat travel spends
correct, use plat travel for 4L get 45-50K MR, use it for marriott booking u can easily get 3 nights with 15kMB/night. with hdfc card u get 0 nights on spending on 4L

correct, use plat travel for 4L get 45-50K MR, use it for marriott booking u can easily get 3 nights with 15kMB/night. with hdfc card u get 0 nights on spending on 4L
The FNA voucher with marriot card can be topped up with 15k miles
So if you transfer 15k points from Amex you can redeem it against very good properties requiring till 30k points .
Plus 10 elite night status every year and unconditional silver status .
It's a good card only for the benefits it offers for joining and welcome.
Also below is the list of hotels available in India that can redeemed less than 15k Marriot points
Screenshot_20230825-144023.png Screenshot_20230825-144012.png

Seems bank is not offering this card to existing DCB holders. Got the standard email back we noticed you already are using a HDFC credit card we are placing this application on hold and request you to consider a limit increase on the existing cc. To which I replied it's a co branded card request to please issue on shared limit basis. Let's see what do they reply

Reactions: ARV
Back