• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revaluation HDFC Bank Swiggy credit card cashback will be credited to the card statement instead of Swiggy Money, effective 21st June, 2024.

summary

TF Select
Starting from 21st June, any cashback earned will now be adjusted against the credit card statement, rather than appearing as Swiggy money on Swiggy. Such a wonderful upgrade by HDFC in this devaluation season.

1000058852.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

codenerd

TF Ace
It's a life lesson for you & others:
Whenever you're applying for a card or buy something on the internet, keep an eye for texts, links, & buttons on the page. Don't focus on Apply Now / Buy Now buttons only.

You will get all relevant details, T&C, MITC using other links, buttons on the page.
I already took screenshot of the app where it stated LTF.

card-shard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I already took screenshot of the app where it stated LTF.
It's a decent point to start, but that's not enough.
DONT TRUST HEADLINES or Verbal promises on a phone call. READ T&C, MITC docs for clarity & hv written confirmation from agents.
Just a simple * mark besides LTF, or small font texts at the bottom of the banner, can F you up.

Yeah, so the only option is to wait for 90 days? I see few people already confirming that they got this card LTF. So, was wondering how did they confirm from hdfc.
I have a mail from them. More importantly you need to have some faith and willing to save crucial information in case you have previous bitter experiences.
Why are you so mistrusting even when there’s a huge banner saying Life time free…? What’s your issue?

Attachments

• IMG_7550.jpeg
    IMG_7550.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

b4bhar

TF Premier
I have a mail from them. More importantly you need to have some faith and willing to save crucial information in case you have previous bitter experiences.
Why are you so mistrusting even when there’s a huge banner saying Life time free…? What’s your issue?
The only thing I'm trying to understand is whether hdfc cards teams can confirm the LTF status or not before activating the card? If the answer is no, how did they confirm to you via email?

codenerd

TF Ace
The only thing I'm trying to understand is whether hdfc cards teams can confirm the LTF status or not before activating the card? If the answer is no, how did they confirm to you via email?
Valid point. Also I have never heard in my experience where a bank confirms the LTF status of the card based on you holding that card for 90 days. Its a bit unclear. So if they follow this 90 day timeline for LTF cards, do they first charge the card fees in first month and then reverse after 90 days or they altogether charge the fees after 90 days?

codenerd

TF Ace
Just because a bank claims its LTF, is no testament that the bank will actually adhere to their LTF pricing. Thats where the mistrust kicks in. Hence the paranoia to get these things confirmed over email! :D You can find numerous such examples in case of Sapphiro LTF where as per alumni program they were promised LTF but later they started to charge fees erroneously.:geek:

b4bhar

TF Premier
First this is not offered direct LTF but it's like conditional LTF where we hold card for 90 days then they will make it LTF.
Second I am happy with hdfc millennia and sbi cashback card. Why would I then need this swiggy card?
Fully agree with the second point. But, I'm trying to understand what's the problem if they convert your card within 90 days compared to getting the card LTF directly.

b4bhar

TF Premier
Valid point. Also I have never heard in my experience where a bank confirms the LTF status of the card based on you holding that card for 90 days. Its a bit unclear. So if they follow this 90 day timeline for LTF cards, do they first charge the card fees in first month and then reverse after 90 days or they altogether charge the fees after 90 days?
I dont think they will charge any fee. Some people said they will charge in the 4 month. As they mentioned within 90 days, by that time our card will be converted to LTF. But, its always helpful if the HDFC cards teams can confirm this before we activate our card.

Obviously they can’t, because it won’t show up in their “system”. You need to be lucky to find a competent person at the initial level of customer care.

Mine was confirmed as part of the approval mail as i had some issues with the application.

I dont think they will charge any fee. Some people said they will charge in the 4 month. As they mentioned within 90 days, by that time our card will be converted to LTF. But, its always helpful if the HDFC cards teams can confirm this before we activate our card.
Bro they won’t/ can’t because of the nature of terms and conditions. Take a screenshot from your app for record purposes and bombard them with mails if they charge you at a later date.

Just because a bank claims its LTF, is no testament that the bank will actually adhere to their LTF pricing. Thats where the mistrust kicks in. Hence the paranoia to get these things confirmed over email! :D You can find numerous such examples in case of Sapphiro LTF where as per alumni program they were promised LTF but later they started to charge fees erroneously.:geek:
If you have hard proof, you will get a favorable decision. You can always close it if you are not happy with the service and get fee reversed if you escalate to a higher level or even RBI for that matter