• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Classic Banking Programme

Hi All,

I own a salary account in HDFC Bank. Recently they offered me upgraded to HDFC Classic. Any once has any ideas for such. I normally don't keep much balance in my salary account.
Also what is the cost if i switched to this account.

Congratulations

As a loyal customer of HDFC Bank, you are being offered a free upgrade to our exclusive Classic Banking Programme!

Enjoy:
💰 Value benefits up to Rs. 30000
💳 Free Classic Platinum Debit Card
🏛 25% waiver on Locker fee
& SO MUCH

T&C apply.

Just take the upgrade! You won’t be charged anything even if you don’t maintain the required balance of 1,00,000. Usually if you have regular transactions on your account, they don’t downgrade.

HDFC Classic is the same as Savings Max Account with
  • 1 lakh per month in account (no idea about Salary account)
  • no charges for non-maintainance of that money, but account will be downgraded to a regular account within 2-3 months, where even Debit Card will be chargable
  • Fancy "Classic" Keyword.

Hi All,

I own a salary account in HDFC Bank. Recently they offered me upgraded to HDFC Classic. Any once has any ideas for such. I normally don't keep much balance in my salary account.
Also what is the cost if i switched to this account.

Congratulations

As a loyal customer of HDFC Bank, you are being offered a free upgrade to our exclusive Classic Banking Programme!

Enjoy:
💰 Value benefits up to Rs. 30000
💳 Free Classic Platinum Debit Card
🏛 25% waiver on Locker fee
& SO MUCH

T&C apply.
TBH it's not worth an upgrade. Your banking UI will change a bit and debit card will have "Classic" badging (no additional reward point benefits, etc.) You will get a dedicated marketing guy (whom they call "RM") who will pester you now and then about HDFC products but would be useless in case you need "real" help. Also, HDFC won't treat you with better pre-approved offers as mentioned in other threads.

Savings Max account is the most value for money account at HDFC without any nuisance. Only drawback which I can think of is that IMPS transactions aren't free (NOT free for Classic programme either)!

Hi Arcadian,
I humbly disagree with wrong info provided above.
First things first. Please accept offer and upgrade to classic. This will help you with future preferred and imperia banking. If you have salary account you already have pretty much all benefits like free imps, neft, no charges on dc. You might as well have preferred platinum dc. No need to maintain any balance but it should not be a 0 balance also and do regular tranasactions. if you want to upgrade preferred and imperia banking you will need to maintain 2l , 5l respectively. You will have additional benefits like family banking, and locker discounts and you will mostly get RM(sales person in disguise). Things work on give and take method. hope it helped

I have recently received a sms for offer of preferred banking program so If I opt for it will I have to maintain updated balance of 2lakh ? I really hate how they don't provide free imps for classic account even Kotak 811 allows free IMPS for God sake.

They normally don't tell anything regarding downgrade. They will charge fee of Rs. 750 + GST on platinum debit card if the account is downgraded to basic. You will have to approach the bank to change the debit card to lower variant in case you don't want to use platinum.

They normally don't tell anything regarding downgrade. They will charge fee of Rs. 750 + GST on platinum debit card if the account is downgraded to basic. You will have to approach the bank to change the debit card to lower variant in case you don't want to use platinum.
i already have platinum card currently free with my salary account. i read somewhere that for classic they issue classic platinum card (which is the same as platinum card with extra classic logo). in case of account downgrade what will happen? will they charge for classic debit card even as salary account

One of my friends had similar case like mentioned above. He had HDFC salary account with classic platinum. After changing job, the salary account changed and salary didn't get credited for 8 months. I guess HDFC downgraded the account. Next year in the statement, he saw the charge of 750+ GST for debit card. He went to branch, filled the form and got Rupay Platinum debit card. (minimum fee max advantage)

One of my friends had similar case like mentioned above. He had HDFC salary account with classic platinum. After changing job, the salary account changed and salary didn't get credited for 8 months. I guess HDFC downgraded the account. Next year in the statement, he saw the charge of 750+ GST for debit card. He went to branch, filled the form and got Rupay Platinum debit card. (minimum fee max advantage)
If he could have converted to Savings Max and kept 25k MAB, he should have not charged for debit card.

Back