• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

hdfc classic zero balance account

Hussain1

TF Buzz
Today visited branch to downgrade my max savings account to regular,the employee told me to maintain 1 lakh for a month and she'll convert it to classic and for lifetime zero balance and also told me the benefits,
i asked for downgradation, she said it will be a zero balance account for lifetime

i don't know whether it is a scam or real

has anyone know about this

Today visited branch to downgrade my max savings account to regular,the employee told me to maintain 1 lakh for a month and she'll convert it to classic and for lifetime zero balance and also told me the benefits,
i asked for downgradation, she said it will be a zero balance account for lifetime

+1

Hdfc right now has two savings account variants-
Standard(10k MAB)
Savings max(25k MAB)

and three HNI savings account programs-
Classic 1 lakh MAB
Preferred 2 lakh MAB
Imperia 10 lakh MAB

If you apply for any of these programs you get non-maintenance charges waiver. but if you don't maintain for 2 quarters your account will be degraded by one level.

I'm using Preferred account only. They don't downgrade.
Purely depends on branch and RM.

If the branch manager or RM resigns their job or gets transferred to another branch, then there no one to hold you account to the premium programs.

It a risky bet if not maintaining, coz officially HDFC doesn't offer premium accounts for 0mab and yes HDFC isn't hesitant in downgrading accounts.
They might easily downgrade imperia or preferred but I've rarely seen classic accounts been downgraded.

It a risky bet if not maintaining, coz officially HDFC doesn't offer premium accounts for 0mab and yes HDFC isn't hesitant in downgrading accounts.
They might easily downgrade imperia or preferred but I've rarely seen classic accounts been downgraded.
My RM has been changed several times but yeah as I told earlier my relationship is on n off 2lacs. I have seen more than 2-3 quarters without required MAB. So downgradation impacts imperia customers mostly.

I'm getting invite for imperia banking and I'm sure that minimum balance will not be maintained in future.
Will bank charge for imperia debit card if downgraded to preferred?

Being a normal SavingsMax account holder, if I keep for 6 months above 1lac, I will automatically be given Classic status?
Once I see Classic status, If i withdraw 1lac and start keeping 20-30k per month, Classic status remains?
In this scenario if automatic upgrade to Classic happens and then due to low MAB, automatic downgrade happens then no charges will be levied by hdfc right? I don't have RM assigned to my account as its just normal savings account.

Being a normal SavingsMax account holder, if I keep for 6 months above 1lac, I will automatically be given Classic status?
Once I see Classic status, If i withdraw 1lac and start keeping 20-30k per month, Classic status remains?
In this scenario if automatic upgrade to Classic happens and then due to low MAB, automatic downgrade happens then no charges will be levied by hdfc right? I don't have RM assigned to my account as its just normal savings account.
If you are eligible bank ask for consent first to upgrade to the banking program.
I always maintained balance till now so don't know about downgrade but if downgraded to savings max there will be no charges unless you are not maintaining MAB for that account.

I have a salary HDFC saving account and converted it to HDFC Classic. Does anybody know if this affects salary account or entirely different savings account?

There are no non maintenance charges in hdfc. Even I'm not maintaining and its in preferred from so long. HDFC don't downgrade that easily.
That's a different thing that their program has nothing to offer as well 😂 Even Imperia customers are suffering.
hdfc premier banking is no more premier, these bank employees are now upgrading every ac holder to preferred 🤣

Back