• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC credit card bill payment failed by Paytm

aadi

TF Buzz
I paid my HDFC credit card bill through Paytm wallet on 7th January and it's been 5 working days but it's still not refunded. Paytm says they have initiated the refund and in the mail it was written that it will be refunded automatically within 72 hours. But it's still not getting credited. Transaction was done from Paytm wallet only. Customer care saying we can't help. In the app there's only AI chatbot which says refund initiated. And closes the ticket. Somebody please help, what should I do. I have messaged them on Twitter as well and every time they say wait for 3-5 days whenever I message them they send the same repeated message. It's really frustrating. Even mailed to Paytm nodal officer but didn't got any reply. What options do I have ? As the amount is quite big
(20k) Somebody let me know how do I get the refund?

I paid my HDFC credit card bill through Paytm wallet on 7th January and it's been 5 working days but it's still not refunded. Paytm says they have initiated the refund and in the mail it was written that it will be refunded automatically within 72 hours. But it's still not getting credited. Transaction was done from Paytm wallet only. Customer care saying we can't help. In the app there's only AI chatbot which says refund initiated. And closes the ticket. Somebody please help, what should I do. I have messaged them on Twitter as well and every time they say wait for 3-5 days whenever I message them they send the same repeated message. It's really frustrating. Even mailed to Paytm nodal officer but didn't got any reply. What options do I have ? As the amount is quite big
I don't think you can do much other than wait. Faced a similar situation where the payment was done from Paytm Wallet towards my BOB Credit Card, and it failed. I got the refund around 7 working days. Luckily for me, the due date wasn't anytime soon. If your due date is soon, it's better to pay through some other medium like Cred or HDFC's own payment portal.

I don't think you can do much other than wait. Faced a similar situation where the payment was done from Paytm Wallet towards my BOB Credit Card, and it failed. I got the refund around 7 working days. Luckily for me, the due date wasn't anytime soon. If your due date is soon, it's better to pay through some other medium like Cred or HDFC's own payment portal.
Thanks man. Feels a little good after hearing this. I have paid the bill through net banking because my due date was in 2 days when this Paytm failed

It's been 8 days now and again they are asking to wait for 72 hours to get an update. Anyone knows how to get back my money ?

I sent a mail to nodal officer of Paytm and also on the Twitter
This is very DANGEROUS as nodal officers do not even exist apart from fulfilling legal requirements & NONE OF THE NODAL OFFICERS of any company in india ever reply back.

Basically I will be avoiding paytm from now on since there is no mechanism for customer grievance.

Btw i will advise you split your payments way before due date and use mbikwk, pyzapp, crd, etc so that your risk is split and at least you will fulfill the minimum due.

Now other CC bp apps are also shayit but the chances of all the apps going rogue is minimised.

This is very DANGEROUS as nodal officers do not even exist apart from fulfilling legal requirements & NONE OF THE NODAL OFFICERS of any company in india ever reply back.

Basically I will be avoiding paytm from now on since there is no mechanism for customer grievance.

Btw i will advise you split your payments way before due date and use mbikwk, pyzapp, crd, etc so that your risk is split and at least you will fulfill the minimum due.

Now other CC bp apps are also shayit but the chances of all the apps going rogue is minimised.
I got the refund guys!!! 🥳🥳

whats the timeline ?

Also can you confirm if that was a automated refund or u had to bel pampad i.e. nodal, twter & all that bill sheet to expedite the refund ; that way others can guestuimate the time for refund when failure with paytm phukars happen
3 mails to the nodal officer, 10+ Twitter messages and 2 complaints in the Consumer Helpline. Refund credited in 9 days.

I have learned my lesson to never use paytm for credit card payment. My Indusind cc payment through paytm failed on 21st Dec and for 15 days they didnt acknowledge the transaction has failed and then finally accepted it on 5th Jan saying they will refund the amount in 72 hrs. I got my refund yesterday

I have learned my lesson to never use paytm for credit card payment. My Indusind cc payment through paytm failed on 21st Dec and for 15 days they didnt acknowledge the transaction has failed and then finally accepted it on 5th Jan saying they will refund the amount in 72 hrs. I got my refund yesterday
Yeah man, Paytm is not reliable these days. Luckily I got the refund quite sooner compared to yours.

Payment of 63000 failed on paytm on Jan 8th, yet to receive the refund. Looks like it might take more time for me.
those paytm phukers are taking no less that 10 days for refunds; so they must be depositing the money in 7 days FDs with a chosen bank (probably hdfc) and make money out of thin air which they will do reverse forensic accounting to show up as profits which again will be used via fabricated PAT as insider trading among management to pump and dump their shheety stock that has be dead since ipo. also most probably a nexus between hdfc too as its will fufill its sales/performance targets of doing FDs to again repeat all of the above for its own.

those paytm phukers are taking no less that 10 days for refunds; so they must be depositing the money in 7 days FDs with a chosen bank (probably hdfc) and make money out of thin air which they will do reverse forensic accounting to show up as profits which again will be used via fabricated PAT as insider trading among management to pump and dump their shheety stock that has be dead since ipo. also most probably a nexus between hdfc too as its will fufill its sales/performance targets of doing FDs to again repeat all of the above for its own.
Looks like prima facie ,i have seen spike in instances of payment failures & stuck with paytm offlate ,irony is their rewarding system isnt that great,Pennies received while transactions done are in lakhs.One who understands system always makes money...

Quick question

Suppose if I paid alternatively after this fiasco by Paytm and receive refund after 10 days.
What to do with amount if it's big and don't want to use these fhukers again

Can we transfer back to bank account. What are the charges

Back