• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC denying conversion to RuPay

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 3481
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 3481

HDFC has stopped conversion of their credit cards from Visa/MasterCard to RuPay for Regalia and Regalia First credit cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friend has HDFC Regalia credit card in Visa variant and had mailed to the customer care for converting his Visa credit card to RuPay. He got a reply from HDFC that Visa to RuPay conversion is currently not possible.
Just call them and ask to convert Regalia to Rupay. When they ask for the reason, say you want to do UPI transactions on Rupay card. It will be approved
@Googix

Already had called them and they said the same thing that they have stopped conversion of Visa Regalia and Regalia First cards to RuPay.
Try again and you may get it.
ICICI had similar tactics with Rupay debit cards, and if you get connected to the right person, he/she will take the request. Everyone else will reject it.

My case I got Rupay regalia for my friend 2 weeks ago.

Also if you have their email response, tag that to Rupay twitter handle, HDFC and ask the reason why they stopped Rupay conversion.

You should have called customer care directly without writing mail. Maybe now its difficult for them as higher management has denied in writing

I have moneyback+ mc variant. last week, Request of conversation to rupay was taken over call but after 2 days I got call from back-end team and they saying conversion is not possible
Recently they have launched HDFC Rupay upi digital credit card.Seems they want to shift customers on this card instead of franchise coversion on existing one..Many people have got invitation to apply for this digital card.

One of my friend has HDFC Regalia credit card in Visa variant and had mailed to the customer care for converting his Visa credit card to RuPay. He got a reply from HDFC that Visa to RuPay conversion is currently not possible.
Recently they have launched HDFC Rupay upi digital credit card.Seems they want to shift customers on this card instead of franchise coversion on existing one..Many people have got invitation to apply for this digital card.

Banks should treat all customers equally... if they are approving requests on call then they should also approve in email too. This just creates a disconnect between the bank and customer which is ultimately not good for their business in the long run.
The thing is they don't want to give written proof to anyone that they are changing the network. That's why they do it only on call

Anyways rupay regalia reward rate is very bad only 0.5% in terms of statement cash. Better get neu infinity rupay which gives 1.5% unlimited neu coins

Back