• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Diners Privilege Card Offer

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hello everyone,

Recently, I got an offer from HDFC for a Diners Club Privilege Card. The Fee part seems confusing. I think that they are offering it Fyf and then will charge Rs 2500 + gst, just in case annual spends of 300k are not met.

I already have an Hdfc Regalia which is Ltf with a spend limit of 1433k. However, these days I am using Axis Flipkart, Axis Airtel and SBI Bpcl Octane to maximize reward payouts, so HDFC regalia sits somewhere in my office drawer most of the times without any use.

So, in case the offer is Ltf, I think I should go for it, but even if it is Fyf, I am thinking of not taking it. I rarely travel international, so I think that I will lose the Lounge access part which is the core benefit in case I don't take the card. I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

Help, critical views and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• hdfc diners club privilege offer.jpg
    hdfc diners club privilege offer.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 125

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Hello everyone,

Recently, I got an offer from HDFC for a Diners Club Privilege Card. The Fee part seems confusing. I think that they are offering it Fyf and then will charge Rs 2500 + gst, just in case annual spends of 300k are not met.

I already have an Hdfc Regalia which is Ltf with a spend limit of 1433k. However, these days I am using Axis Flipkart, Axis Airtel and SBI Bpcl Octane to maximize reward payouts, so HDFC regalia sits somewhere in my office drawer most of the times without any use.

So, in case the offer is Ltf, I think I should go for it, but even if it is Fyf, I am thinking of not taking it. I rarely travel international, so I think that I will lose the Lounge access part which is the core benefit in case I don't take the card. I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

Help, critical views and advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Check out the last line below "Lucky You!"
It is conditional fee waiver offer when you spend 3L per year.

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
You have 1.4millions of limit ?
Yes, been a long time customer of hdfc since 2008. Started with 75k.

But many gurus are sitting here with more credit limits than that.

I have nothing compared to them.

Have a look at this thread and enjoy it.

This one is a gem-

Thanks!!

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
They are offering a 1500.00 amazon voucher free upon applying for the card.

Just an idea, though. I apply for the card, encash the voucher and all associated perks.

Later, I place a card cancel request after 10 months.

When I get a retention call, ask them to make it ltf and if they don't agree, cancel the card. Nothing to lose.

What say?

Thanks!!

Yes, been a long time customer of hdfc since 2008. Started with 75k.

But many gurus are sitting here with more credit limits than that.

I have nothing compared to them.

Have a look at this thread and enjoy it.

This one is a gem-

Thanks!!
Did you try this? What was the result. My brother is almost in the same boat as you. He has the same limit as you, been using single HDFC CC since 2009. Regalia since 2017 LTF. They are offering him the same as you for his second card. Not able to decide whether or not to go for it. Was thinking the exact same thing as you regards to Amazon voucher and cancellation. Did you got for it? If yes, have you used it at all? Any benefits?

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Did you try this? What was the result. My brother is almost in the same boat as you. He has the same limit as you, been using single HDFC CC since 2009. Regalia since 2017 LTF. They are offering him the same as you for his second card. Not able to decide whether or not to go for it. Was thinking the exact same thing as you regards to Amazon voucher and cancellation. Did you got for it? If yes, have you used it at all? Any benefits?
No, I did not think it was worth the trouble for just 1500 rupees.

I have a hunch that hdfc will offer Diners club black or Infinia if I don't accept their current offer. I am eyeing those cards if they give it ltf. But that is a very long shot.

Also, I don't see any value in this Diners Club Privilege Card with the annual fees and the 300k spend terms. I think I can milk more rewards under those conditions with other cards, rather than apply for this one.

I rarely travel international, so lounge access is of little use which is the usp of this card. But your case may differ.

Thanks!!

skywalker

TF Select
No, I did not think it was worth the trouble for just 1500 rupees.

I have a hunch that hdfc will offer Diners club black or Infinia if I don't accept their current offer. I am eyeing those cards if they give it ltf. But that is a very long shot.

Also, I don't see any value in this Diners Club Privilege Card with the annual fees and the 300k spend terms. I think I can milk more rewards under those conditions with other cards, rather than apply for this one.

I rarely travel international, so lounge access is of little use which is the usp of this card. But your case may differ.

Thanks!!
Hey, I’ve also been getting this offer from HDFC. But the catch here is, that they’ve been very openly mentioning it as 2nd card LTF, and they’ve literally used Lifetime Free keyword in their mails and texts way too much for Diners Club Privilege for me at least. But then when I open the link, I see the page same like your screenshot above. But it should be offered LTF right? Since they’ve been advertising it as LTF all this while

skywalker

TF Select
My main purpose of considering this card is that I hold Regalia right now, and they’ve introduced very unrealistic conditions to access airport lounge using Regalia. And I think DCP will keep providing domestic lounge access too, without any criterion right?

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
My main purpose of considering this card is that I hold Regalia right now, and they’ve introduced very unrealistic conditions to access airport lounge using Regalia. And I think DCP will keep providing domestic lounge access too, without any criterion right?
Well, they are charging Rs 2500 annual fees and Rs 300k as waiver for it. Either way, it boils down to approximately 2k out of your pocket, since you will lose on rewards from other cards.

In regalia, they they are asking for 100k spends per quarter and regalia is ltf for most users who are using it long time. So, I think the cost is the same for both the cards.

If, you use your card frequently for lounge access then this is a good one but there are other alternatives from other banks for a lesser annual fee and spend criteria.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hey, I’ve also been getting this offer from HDFC. But the catch here is, that they’ve been very openly mentioning it as 2nd card LTF, and they’ve literally used Lifetime Free keyword in their mails and texts way too much for Diners Club Privilege for me at least. But then when I open the link, I see the page same like your screenshot above. But it should be offered LTF right? Since they’ve been advertising it as LTF all this while
No, it is just plain false advertising. Do not fall for it. Always, read the fine print carefully.

Thanks!!