• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia [HDFC INFINIA] Shattered Dreams of Obtaining it!

Infinia allows you to have 15k bonus points/ month = 1.8L points/ year = 1.8L.
This is the best case. Earlier this was doable with no capping on Flipkart, Amazon shopping & Amazon pay, but now a lot of these common platforms have a capping of 10k only/ month. It is very difficult to max out on 15k points every month.
At an average one should be able to do 1L points for the whole year approx or a higher average of 1.2L/ year, assuming the expenses are sizeable.

If you go ahead with an Amex trifecta, from a stay perspective, you can manage to get more savings Annually using the marriott bonus conversion days.
SBI cashback can give you 5% on online transactions on the base rate, which for Infinia is 3.3%.

I am not saying Infinia is bad. It is an amazing card. But with the capping and the difficulty to attain the card, it does not make sense to stress over it. !! You can rather make us of Amex or Emeralde private.
Acceptance is a major issue with Amex, which makes it hard to reach milestones as all the spends whenever Amex is not accepted would go to backup card. Infinia is on Visa with great acceptance and Diners is also pretty decent via Rupay/Discover

You didn't answer my questions.
Again if you are using amex trifecta you need more than one mobile number to get apay vouchers. Each number has 10k capping. Same can be achieved using infinia add on.
Emerald private is hard to get by and has no multiplier.
And anyways all these target different customers.
Infinia Add-On is of the same card number. you cannot buy more vouchers using an add-on card.
So 10k capping per primary card holder on specific vouchers. This makes no sense.

Infinia Add-On is of the same card number. you cannot buy more vouchers using an add-on card.
So 10k capping per primary card holder on specific vouchers. This makes no sense.
HDFC is issuing Infinia addons with different card numbers for a while now

You get it with different card number and the otp comes on the add on holder's phone. This change has been there for quite some time.

Update: Long post alert.

DCB to Infinia upgrade done and dusted :):)

Initially RM was supposed to take approval based on my 2.6 L salary credit, loan relation with HDFC (21L), last 8 months spend ~ 10.5 L, long 10 year relation with HDFC, Salary account with HDFC etc. + was upgraded to Imperia account few weeks back (Thanks to RM).

But I tried my luck by sending a mail to escalation cc with my use cases and eligibility to get Infinia and they replied to send supporting docs and a letter to their Chennai address.
I send the same letter along with my pay slips, loan account screenshots and last 6 months spend.

My DCB had only 6 L limit, but my spends were high.
On 2nd Sep I send the speed post and now am seeing the Infinia Metal card details in my CC section with 8 L limit. I hold a Tata Neu Infinity and I don't think its an issue. Not sure though.

I am pasting the letter that I send to them below this screenshot. Hope this helps at least few who are kind of on the same boat.

1725977774245.webp

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my DCB to Infinia along with limit upgrade. Or If I can choose only one, I would like to opt for Infinia.

Below are my use cases/requirements/eligibility for limit and Infinia upgrade.

1) The total spend in my current card anniversary year is ~23 L (as per customer care, when I last checked) and in the past 8 months it's ~10.7 L. So, I have been a high spender and have paid my dues on time in the entire history of CC usage without any defaults.

2) I am an Imperia account holder with my salary credited to HDFC account.

3) I have been a long-term customer with HDFC and holding an account for nearly 9 years and have been using your credit cards for a few years now with high spends.

4) I am having an upcoming purchase of nearly 10 L and would need my limit to be enhanced to pay this expense.

5) An issue with DCB is its acceptability - I had a foreign trip to Azerbaijan in March 2024 and I even enrolled for the Global value program. I had enabled international transactions and yet the DCB card was not accepted in any of the places including Marriott properties or luxury malls in Azerbaijan.
I tried my luck in Qatar during transit and it was rejected there as well.
I have upcoming trips in Dec and Apr to Thailand and Japan and I plan to use my entire spends on HDFC CC for this purpose.
Infinia will be my best bet for this requirement.

6) I am holding a home loan with HDFC of 21 L and have not defaulted on it till date. I have shifted this from AXIS bank to HDFC considering my long term relation with HDFC.

7) I am drawing an In-hand Salary close to 2.6 L now and the total salary is 3.2 L with taxes.
I have switched to a new firm from Aug and still I am using HDFC as the salary account even though AXIS is the preferred bank for my new employer. HDFC has been by salary account for 9 years now.

Based on my spending over the past 6-8 months and the long-term relationship I am holding with HDFC and considering all the above factors I have mentioned for my upcoming spends, I request to upgrade my card to Infinia with an increased limit of 10 L or above.

I am eligible for infinia based on ITR but I have wondering if I should apply for it or only for the Biz Black
The way axis is moving, you will oneday come to the fold of Infinia....it seems so, as may be within few years, return on infinia will outsmart the return of m4b or any other newly (in future) launched premium card of axis

Back