• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia [HDFC INFINIA] Shattered Dreams of Obtaining it!

generally it should work for you irrespective of RM
but a proactive RM always helps

btw, do you have an existing core HDFC card?
I got Infinia last month.
I had salary account with Icici but last year I asked them for Sapphiro LTF. They didn't budge.
Salary was more than 2.5L and was maintaining some 10-15L in account (for Visa) at that time.

My wife was maintaining more than 30L still they didn't budge for Sapphiro LTF.

Finally we both got it via Alumni offer. Later I moved my salary account to HDFC in pursuit for Infinia.

I got Infinia last month.
I had salary account with Icici but last year I asked them for Sapphiro LTF. They didn't budge.
Salary was more than 2.5L and was maintaining some 10-15L in account (for Visa) at that time.

My wife was maintaining more than 30L still they didn't budge for Sapphiro LTF.

Finally we both got it via Alumni offer. Later I moved my salary account to HDFC in pursuit for Infinia.
However, now I got an email from my branch with some loan offers and Sapphiro LTF if salary more than 2L. No mention of Emeralde LTF.

And my company also tied up with ICICI for salary accounts. Same offer there as well for those who can open new salary account.

Emeralde / Amex + SBI Cashback > Infinia ka hype.
Is emerald private that easy to get?
Then for amex what about the acceptance issue. I live in a big tier 2 and have yet to find a store that accepts it.
And how many pincodes amex ships to?
And they have the same 10k capping as well. If you dont plan in staying at Marriott property, the reward rate is not that great either.
Sbi cashback has another set of issues. Most people who have great limits on other cards have pathetic limit on it. Then there are so many exceptions. Insurance, education, etc.
Definitely infinia is a hard to get card and the efforts to get it might not be justifiable but its not a bad card if it suits your use case.

Infinia allows you to have 15k bonus points/ month = 1.8L points/ year = 1.8L.
This is the best case. Earlier this was doable with no capping on Flipkart, Amazon shopping & Amazon pay, but now a lot of these common platforms have a capping of 10k only/ month. It is very difficult to max out on 15k points every month.
At an average one should be able to do 1L points for the whole year approx or a higher average of 1.2L/ year, assuming the expenses are sizeable.

If you go ahead with an Amex trifecta, from a stay perspective, you can manage to get more savings Annually using the marriott bonus conversion days.
SBI cashback can give you 5% on online transactions on the base rate, which for Infinia is 3.3%.

I am not saying Infinia is bad. It is an amazing card. But with the capping and the difficulty to attain the card, it does not make sense to stress over it. !! You can rather make us of Amex or Emeralde private.

@rajendra.kathera how exactly did you get emeralde pvc ltf, by just asking your rm? Can you please share the rm contact details, I too want it ltf
Hi @bhaveshbhai, I was not offered Emerald PVC card as LTF so did not take it. I tried with wealth account RM as she agreed to help, but BM intervened and rejected saying it can be done LTF only with 20L monthly net salary credit or 2 Crore liability relationship. He quoted 3L monthly salary credit for paid card while the icici website clearly states it as 2.5L per month. As he is adamant and did not ready to even accept that it is offered LTF for people with lesser than 20L per month salary, I felt it is useless to speak to him further. I need to check with my corporate RM only.

Hi @bhaveshbhai, I was not offered Emerald PVC card as LTF so did not take it. I tried with wealth account RM as she agreed to help, but BM intervened and rejected saying it can be done LTF only with 20L monthly net salary credit or 2 Crore liability relationship. He quoted 3L monthly salary credit for paid card while the icici website clearly states it as 2.5L per month. As he is adamant and did not ready to even accept that it is offered LTF for people with lesser than 20L per month salary, I felt it is useless to speak to him further. I need to check with my corporate RM only.
If I am not wrong, even though it is not LTF, you still get the points on renewal for the fee you pay right?

You only pay the gst amount extra. Everything else comes in . Correct?

If I am not wrong, even though it is not LTF, you still get the points on renewal for the fee you pay right?

You only pay the gst amount extra. Everything else comes in . Correct?
For both joining fee and renewal fee, I think points are there for Emerald metal card only. As I mostly use HDFC diners black card and Sapphiro LTF, I did not feel it is worthwhile to take paid emerald card.

Infinia allows you to have 15k bonus points/ month = 1.8L points/ year = 1.8L.
This is the best case. Earlier this was doable with no capping on Flipkart, Amazon shopping & Amazon pay, but now a lot of these common platforms have a capping of 10k only/ month. It is very difficult to max out on 15k points every month.
At an average one should be able to do 1L points for the whole year approx or a higher average of 1.2L/ year, assuming the expenses are sizeable.

If you go ahead with an Amex trifecta, from a stay perspective, you can manage to get more savings Annually using the marriott bonus conversion days.
SBI cashback can give you 5% on online transactions on the base rate, which for Infinia is 3.3%.

I am not saying Infinia is bad. It is an amazing card. But with the capping and the difficulty to attain the card, it does not make sense to stress over it. !! You can rather make us of Amex or Emeralde private.
You didn't answer my questions.
Again if you are using amex trifecta you need more than one mobile number to get apay vouchers. Each number has 10k capping. Same can be achieved using infinia add on.
Emerald private is hard to get by and has no multiplier.
And anyways all these target different customers.

How to get tata neu infinity as LTF? It's showing as FYF for me. Don't want to take it now and beg hdfc to convert it to LTF after a year

Back