• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC is offering imperia upgrqade from preferred account , any catch ?

Hi ,

HDFC is offering imperia upgrade from preferred account , any catch here ? RM is telling there will be no Non-Maintenance Charges in any condition. Is it true ?

If you do not maintain for a few months, they will send emails and downgrade after a while.

If you normally maintain that much balance in the account, you can convert. Otherwise would not recommend. Basically do not move money around just for upgrade

If you do not maintain for a few months, they will send emails and downgrade after a while.

If you normally maintain that much balance in the account, you can convert. Otherwise would not recommend. Basically do not move money around just for upgrade
Do they downgrade Imperia back to Preferred or to Standard banking? Is there anyway to switch to Preferred from Imperia as I want a Preferred RM allotted.

My brother has an imperia account with HDFC bank.
He asked the rm if he can add his family members under it, the rm is saying it is not advisable as the tax liability for all the family account will reflect in my brother's account.

He is not a joint holder in the family account as each of us has individual account on single name only.

Is the information given by rm true or isbhe trying to weasel out of the Hassel of mapping all the family members under existing imperia ?

He asked the rm if he can add his family members under it, the rm is saying it is not advisable as the tax liability for all the family account will reflect in my brother's account.

He is not a joint holder in the family account as each of us has individual account on single name only.

Is the information given by rm true or isbhe trying to weasel out of the Hassel of mapping all the family members under existing imperia ?
wrong information. RM need to add other family members under Imperia relationship.

I believe that isn’t true. As my RM had suggested me that I should add family members. Although didn’t want so declined. That tax liability doesn’t make sense to me, everyone should have a different PAN right?

Last edited:

you might have misunderstood wrong,

If its exactly what he said then i dont know how he did get his job in banking sector

Last edited:

Not true. That’s not correct.

Mapping/family banking is advisable, only rm can see mapping from user perspective it will just upgrade.

Mapping is one hardest thing rm will ever do, depend on rm too. So don’t expect it will done in one or two attempt though.
i think one has to make rm same of both accounts (mine and my familty person). then they can move to imperia easily. For that they will tell you how to make RM same

i think one has to make rm same of both accounts (mine and my familty person). then they can move to imperia easily. For that they will tell you how to make RM same
Let me tell you a scenario of mine. I opened customised account number with my RM and later on added my wife under family banking program. My brother had a bank account with Virtual RM sitting in Hyderabad, but he had to raise a lot of complaints and mails to get under my family banking program as the Virtual RM was not willing to release his account. It took almost 2-3 months finally group head coming to handle and map to my account.

Let me tell you a scenario of mine. I opened customised account number with my RM and later on added my wife under family banking program. My brother had a bank account with Virtual RM sitting in Hyderabad, but he had to raise a lot of complaints and mails to get under my family banking program as the Virtual RM was not willing to release his account. It took almost 2-3 months finally group head coming to handle and map to my account.
lol, why virtual RM was not willing to release his account . wierd

bro, so if whole family has imperia account then each member can avail free locker and free good credit cards 😅

Back