• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

So,
If I buy ₹16k worth of AGVs with cc of 5% cashback (SBI CB, etc), and then pay the credit card bill of ₹16k with Millennia DC with 2.5% cashback,
then we get a total of 7.5% cashback, i.e. ₹1200

This is 2.05% less than what we get in Millennia DC + Smartbuy web portal, where we buy ₹5350 worth of AGVs & get 9.55% (12.5% minus 2.95% extra charges), i.e. ₹510
Wahi to... Aur CC me free credit period naam ki bhi cheez hoti hai, milestone bhi hota hai 🤣.

Aur small bills ke liye RuPay Platinum DC, Airtel RuPay card, etc hai na 🤣🤣🤷.

Jisko jaisa achha lag raha, waisa karo.

Im already holding Platinum Debit card (free). Can I get additional Millennia DC without any charges on the same Savings account?
No. Get another HDFC account for that in your or family name. :) If you apply from same acc. your platinum will be closed within 7 days of activation of Millennia. But any cashback pertaining to old cards keep coming till next 180 days. Before I applied for Millennia I had Rewards debit card with same charges 500+90= 590. Recently they gave 500 in Loyalty Rewards Debit Card. So older card benefit keeps coming till 6 months not after that.

Answers: 1. Until you have done transaction on smartbuy no matter whether vouchers or trains or partner site through smartbuy, you will get 5% upto 1000. 1000 limit is for smartbuy not payzapp. So no matter whether you move to smartbuy directly or via payzapp, it is only smartbuy cashback and payzapp has nothing to do with it.

2. Confirmed for Smartbuy that 5% extra Millennia DC feature CB and 2.5 Online feature cashback gets provided. Using it on Payzapp is a question mark. 5% is sure on Payzapp even on Billpay/recharge not sure about 2.5%. I rarely use Payzapp and that too for loading wallet via Millennia CC for tax payment every year. Now loading has charges, so won't be using anymore.

3. Again 1000 cashback is from smartbuy for all HDFC DC/CC. Payzapp has nothing to do with this 1K. Using your card on payzapp won't get you anything except Millennia DC which has cashback in its product feature. Using Millennia DC on Payzapp comes under 400 cashback category but visiting Smartbuy through Payzapp app in shop section will provide you 5% SBuy cashback as txn will be on Sbuy rather than in-app payzapp payment. So don't confuse smartbuy with payzapp.
Whats the link for smartbuy (to use millenia DC to buy vouchers for 5340 to get 12.5% back?)

Whats the link for smartbuy (to use millenia DC to buy vouchers for 5340 to get 12.5% back?)
Ispe login kro aur buy kr lo gift voucher pasand ka.

I don't know if your account variant has free debit card or not. However, the annual charges of millennia DC are ₹500+GST = ₹590/-

As for your second query, it depends on your gift voucher denomination, you can even go for ₹5400 amount, this way you can get:

- 5400 × 7.5% = 405 (5 rupee loss, as 400 is max cap)
- 5400 × 5% = 270 (promotional cashback)

Total: 675 which is exact 12.5% of 5400.
If we buy AP GC using the millenia DC, is there a charge for the same?

@desiviru I just bought apay vouchers worth 5400, will see if I get 400 in Oct. The transaction showed “Gyftr via Smartbuy” as well.
Yes you will get it. 5% smartbuy cb will come in 45-60 days under promotional points (valid for 90 days from date of credit), millennia specific 5%+2.5% will come by Oct 31.
Update: Got the 5% promotional cash back of Rs 270 credited🥳. Others who had done transaction around this time check your accounts.

Back