• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Millennia DC: Smartbuy 5% + 5% + 2.5%

desiviru

TF Ace
This post is regarding earning 12.5% on Smartbuy using HDFC Millenia. There is nothing new in this but many of us are missing higher CB on low spend.

We all know that Millennia DC has max. cap of Rs.400 as 5% cashback so we mostly use it for 16000 CC Payment or some use it for wallet load of 40K.

The thing I analyzed today was, my friend in Dec- 2023 used his Millennia DC on smartbuy for Rs.5000 for flipkart voucher only and nowhere else. When I checked his rewards, it were 5% smartbuy cashback offer (upto Rs.1000/month) for HDFC cards i.e Rs.250 were credited in April 2024, 5% Millennia DC specific for txn on Smartbuy/Payzapp i.e as per TnC and also 2.5% as online usage. Total 375 was credited to him. Max. is 400.

With Millennia CC it was confirmed since years that smartbuy txns were giving 5% cashback + 1% online spend so total 6% but same is with Millennia DC also.

So next time when you buy A gift card from smartbuy worth Rs. 5340 will fetch you- Rs.267+133.50 = Rs. 400 (50 paisa :LOL: will not be given as 400 is max limit). The smartbuy cashback of 5340*5/100= 267 will be extra and come under 1000 cashback category.

Main point missed was the 5% debit card specific cashback and 2.5% online and 1% offline/wallet load, all have a cumulative limit of max. 400. So most of us missed this thing as were spending more than 8000-16000 every month.

You have bought Apay Wallet Voucher or Shopping Voucher?
Also, AFAIK Smartbuy redirects you to Gyftr to select the Voucher and payment. So, they are considering it in 12.5% still?
Gyftr has dedicated page and address for hdfc customers where it can track HDFC Card customers easily. https://www.gyftr.com/instantvouchers is only for HDFC card/Payzapp customers to get cashback. Other bank card holders can use but will get tension only not cashback and will curse themselves as to why they didn't went to gyftr curated page for their bank. :)

Last edited:
Jo operator approve karta hoga uss bhai ke dukhta hoga itna pesa Dene me. Vo EMI ki tarah chorta hai pesa.
Fir woh Platinum DC walo ko CB de ke toh marr hi gaya hoga, every alternate day. Process is automatic and no manual intervention invloved. At end of every month all cumulative txns with Millennia DC is calculated and accorgingly provided cashback which is posted in 4th month. I really want them to reduce the time and keep it between 1-3 of next month like Millennia CC if they can't provide instant. But due to reversals and refunds they have kept a long time with this card.

Fir woh Platinum DC walo ko CB de ke toh marr hi gaya hoga, every alternate day. Process is automatic and no manual intervention invloved. At end of every month all cumulative txns with Millennia DC is calculated and accorgingly provided cashback which is posted in 4th month. I really want them to reduce the time and keep it between 1-3 of next month like Millennia CC if they can't provide instant. But due to reversals and refunds they have kept a long time with this card.
Platinum and millenia ka to instant and delayed gratification vala hisab hai. 1% aaj chahiye ya 2.5% 90 days baad.

Back