• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Mis selling SWIGGY HDFC CC

sumankv38

TF Buzz
I got a call on 9th sept from HDFC BANK. The girl promises me for a LTF Swiggy HDFC Card.

I asked again and again regarding the same, if it's LTF or not.

She told "yes" every time.

Today I received that card, called HDFC Customer care to confirm if it's LTF or not.
That person replied it is pricy from the first year itself.

I have all the proofs and call recording.

1000290970.webp

Attachments

• 1000290970.webp
    1000290970.webp
    417.4 KB · Views: 32
You probably did not get a call from HDFC Bank. All you probably did get was a call from an agent who might be working with HDFC bank to sell their credit cards. Always ask for the email address of the person calling you and if they give it from an email ending with @hdfcbank.com then they are indeed HDFC employees. Third party agents don't get official email accounts.

Also the bank is not obligated to convert your paid card to LTF and can deny your request.

You probably did not get a call from HDFC Bank. All you probably did get was a call from an agent who might be working with HDFC bank to sell their credit cards. Always ask for the email address of the person calling you and if they give it from an email ending with @hdfcbank.com then they are indeed HDFC employees. Third party agents don't get official email accounts.

Also the bank is not obligated to convert your paid card to LTF and can deny your request.
So, who is responsible for the same?

Bank hired these agents. That means bank is not providing proper training to them?
Who gave the consent to HDFC Bank to share my detailes to them, So, that these agents can call me?

Or this is the other way to do malpractices in the name of 3rd Party agent.

That agent called me on behalf of HDFC bank. If the agent does anything wrong who is responsible for the same?

Bank hired these agents. That means bank is not providing proper training to them?
Who gave the consent to HDFC Bank to share my detailes to them, So, that these agents can call me?

That agent called me on behalf of HDFC bank. If the agent does anything wrong who is responsible for the same?
Calm down buddy. Have a deep breath and see the nature around you.

There's a lot you need to see in life, your life's Just started.

All personal details are available online and third party agents always call claiming from bank, you need a written confirmation for anything sure.

I got a call on 9th sept from HDFC BANK. The girl promises me for a LTF Swiggy HDFC Card.

Today I received that card, called HDFC Customer care to confirm if it's LTF or not.

View attachment 69061
They are front line customer care team. I think they don't have such authority, better you escalate the issue to next level.

This card is LTF if your swiggy app is showing it to you. Recently most people got LTF offer, probably agent thought you also qualify for LTF. Hence agent applied for you this card. But it's also known that cobranded card should be applied from its brand site only.

The meme of zakir khan's "me pighal gaya" suits you.
Banks sometimes don't honour their own written email replies. And here you are relying on verbal promise.
Please from next time don't rely on such CALLS. I fear that you may fall pray to OTP SCAMS or PARCEL SEIZED or CBI and ED NOTICE FROM SECRETORY GENERAL WITH STAMP OF CONFIDENTIALITY EMAILS.
Check for genuineness of claims by asking counter questions to officials in subject matter.
And i want you to complain to hdfc for the same agent.
Also just dont use the card for triggering auto closure if you have not activated it yet.

I understand your frustration but the bank "probably" has never trained the 3rd party agents to lie and sell. So, based on the incentives, the agents find ways to earn money.

i faced a similar issue once, long back my first application for a credit card was with IndusInd. It was via a phone call I received. I had no knowledge of any terms like paid and all. Finally all checks were done and they issued me a IndusInd Legend credit card which was 9,999. It took me over 2 months to get a refund and also cancellation of the card.

1726574903087.webp
1726574971909.webp

The situation went to that extent that the female employee( which I later realized that was not bank employee but another bank bazar employee has forged my signatures) along with her manager or TL or some acquaintance came to my office and also to my home stating, I withdraw the complaint and they will pay me the joining fees and also give me 30k in cash extra.

I denied all of them, had to lodge a complaint as they started to threaten me and luckily there was no whatsapp feature at that point in time to delete the sent messages so I had everything concrete and finally indusind cancelled the card, refunded the amount and sent home a karachi bakery hamper.

I know you were mis-sold the card but the bank will take no responsibility for this. What you can do now is that you send them a screenshot of the lifetime free offer from swiggy app and tell them you had the offer at the time of application. they will most likely convert it

The meme of zakir khan's "me pighal gaya" suits you.
Banks sometimes don't honour their own written email replies. And here you are relying on verbal promise.
Please from next time don't rely on such CALLS. I fear that you may fall pray to OTP SCAMS or PARCEL SEIZED or CBI and ED NOTICE FROM SECRETORY GENERAL WITH STAMP OF CONFIDENTIALITY EMAILS.
Check for genuineness of claims by asking counter questions to officials in subject matter.
And i want you to complain to hdfc for the same agent.
Also just dont use the card for triggering auto closure if you have not activated it yet.
Brother I already checked the genuineness of that lady.

Also, It was me who applied for CC using the link provided by her. ( Which was ofcourse from HDFC )

I, myself work in a bank. So, I know such things happen. Many a times Bank allows LTF from backend to increase their customer base.

I thought it might be the same.

That person is still saying you will get LTF card. She is on leave , will update by tomorrow.

Calm down buddy. Have a deep breath and see the nature around you.

There's a lot you need to see in life, your life's Just started.

All personal details are available online and third party agents always call claiming from bank, you need a written confirmation for anything sure.
Brother I know details are available on-line but the details what she told. Only a employee from HDFC can or someone whom HDFC will allow.

Also, I'm calm , btw I'm a banker too...

View attachment 69061
It happened with me as well. But i confirmed that the employee was hdfc bank employee and recorded the call

Despite this, when I mailed the customer care team they denied telling me that my card is paid. I escalated it to PnO which asked for recording/proof.

When that was attached, i received a reply that my card will be converted to ltf card..

So if you have the recording, you can share that with hdfc bank.

It happened with me as well. But i confirmed that the employee was hdfc bank employee and recorded the call

Despite this, when I mailed the customer care team they denied telling me that my card is paid. I escalated it to PnO which asked for recording/proof.

When that was attached, i received a reply that my card will be converted to ltf card..

So if you have the recording, you can share that with hdfc bank.
I've already shared the call recording and screenshot

Brother I already checked the genuineness of that lady.

Also, It was me who applied for CC using the link provided by her. ( Which was ofcourse from HDFC )

I, myself work in a bank. So, I know such things happen. Many a times Bank allows LTF from backend to increase their customer base.

I thought it might be the same.

That person is still saying you will get LTF card. She is on leave , will update by tomorrow.
Accept my apology for putting the above remarks🙏🕊️
Don't forget to update us on the case.

View attachment 69061
If you don’t like it, don’t activate the card for 30days. It’ll be cancelled automatically as per RBI Guidelines.

Back