• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC "Non Managed Virtual group" Delink process . Need help

Sri.yadav

TF Buzz
Hi All,

I am tyring to upgrade my account to Preferred Banking but its not happening because HDFC has linked my account under "Non Managed Virtual group" . I have checked with RM in my home branch but he is also clueless about this group and I am struggling to delink my account from this group . He is not able to trigger sms also for preferred banking due to this issue. I have drop email also , checked with customer care also but no use . Can somebody help me for this issue ??
And one more thing imperia banking logo is showing in my smart statement but I am not getting any imperia benefit . I have checked with customer care and they have confirmed that my account is not linked with any premier banking . Please check screenshot from my statement .
1683613029034.png

Today RM sent msg for upgradation to preferred account. I have given my consent . Dont know my account will upgrade or not .
I had done this way before but nothing happened. I will suggest you to mail about it to hdfc then BM will call you within somedays. Otherwise They will keep wasting time. I had mailed them explaining all the incidents and the BM called me within 3 days. Now my account is in NEW DEEMED HNW RBB and when i asked what’s next? He replied preferred within 5-7 working days.

I had done this way before but nothing happened. I will suggest you to mail about it to hdfc then BM will call you within somedays. Otherwise They will keep wasting time. I had mailed them explaining all the incidents and the BM called me within 3 days. Now my account is in NEW DEEMED HNW RBB and when i asked what’s next? He replied preferred within 5-7 working days.
what did you mail? can you pls share.

I know it will not upgrade . Earlier also he sent mail and I gave consent but nothing happened. This time also he sent mail . Simply he is wasting time ...

Hey, pls share what you mailed and which mail address.
(Subject) Issue with Upgrading Account to Preferred Banking - Account Categorized as NON MANAGED V

To: Grievance.Redressal@hdfcbank.com

Dear HDFC Bank Customer Service,
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding the categorization of my account as NON MANAGED V, which has hindered my ability to upgrade to Preferred Banking.

I have been a loyal customer of HDFC Bank for several years, and I have always valued the services provided by your esteemed institution. Recently, I decided to upgrade my account to Preferred Banking in order to avail myself of the enhanced features and benefits that come with this account type.

To my surprise, I discovered that my account has been categorized as NON MANAGED V, which has prevented me from proceeding with the account upgrade. I would like to understand the reason behind this categorization and kindly request
your assistance in rectifying this issue.

I believe there may have been a mistake or oversight in categorizing my account as NON MANAGED V. I have diligently maintained a healthy account balance, regularly utilized the banking services, and adhered to the terms and condition outlined by HDFC Bank. Therefore, I kindly request a thorough review of my account status and a correction of the
categorization.

Upgrading my account to Preferred Banking would greatly benefit me by providing access to a range of exclusive services, personalized support, and a seamless banking experience. I am confident that with your prompt attention and resolution, I will be able to enjoy the benefits of Preferred Banking and continue my banking relationship with HDFC Bank.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with an update on the progress of resolving this issue at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone (provide your contact details) to discuss this matter further or to request any additional information that you may require.

DETAILS:
Account Holder: (Your Name)
CUSTOMER ID: (Your CUSTOMER ID)
Account Number: (Your Account Number)
IFSC: (Your IFSC)
Branch: (Your Branch Name)
Account Type: SAVING

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt resolution and a positive outcome.

Yours faithfully,
(Your name)

@ccgeek07 @gauravraj
@Sri.yadav

Last edited:
We had this experience recently and from what I could understand in the process:
- Virtual usually means a RM who's not at the branch, they provide service over phone from a central location (they are pretty useless on a side note).
- You can have virtual RM even as Preferred or Imperia banking customer. Again, the simple concept is the RM is virtual and not from a certain branch. So f2f interactions at a branch is not possible but everything else is the same in concept (although I felt virtual RM to be less effective in general)
- Most accounts at Classic or below will start with Virtual RM concept but this will change when you try visiting a branch and upgrade through RM/BM. The said RM has to take approvals from Virtual Banking team and only then will your account get upgraded to the next level.

How do I know all of this?
The manager of Virtual Banking called me personally when we tried to upgrade to Imperia banking. She wanted us to stay with Virtual Banking since that's how it's been for over a decade and promised to give good service. I gave her some impossible requests (Infinia & DCB LTF) and told her that we'll stay with Virtual only if she can manage to get them approved for us.
They ended up wasting over one week in trying to get approvals and my Imperia banking upgrade was on hold during this time.
In the end she gave up and finally agreed to Approve the change from Virtual RM to branch based RM and only then did my account status change.

I don't know if this is applicable for you as well but shared in case you can use this info to fast-track or move forward.
Basically Virtual Banking team will not give up on the account easily if there's a significant change in NRV or other business to the bank. They have to be chased down and ensure they approve the transition. Hoping this helps

We had this experience recently and from what I could understand in the process:
- Virtual usually means a RM who's not at the branch, they provide service over phone from a central location (they are pretty useless on a side note).
- You can have virtual RM even as Preferred or Imperia banking customer. Again, the simple concept is the RM is virtual and not from a certain branch. So f2f interactions at a branch is not possible but everything else is the same in concept (although I felt virtual RM to be less effective in general)
- Most accounts at Classic or below will start with Virtual RM concept but this will change when you try visiting a branch and upgrade through RM/BM. The said RM has to take approvals from Virtual Banking team and only then will your account get upgraded to the next level.

How do I know all of this?
The manager of Virtual Banking called me personally when we tried to upgrade to Imperia banking. She wanted us to stay with Virtual Banking since that's how it's been for over a decade and promised to give good service. I gave her some impossible requests (Infinia & DCB LTF) and told her that we'll stay with Virtual only if she can manage to get them approved for us.
They ended up wasting over one week in trying to get approvals and my Imperia banking upgrade was on hold during this time.
In the end she gave up and finally agreed to Approve the change from Virtual RM to branch based RM and only then did my account status change.

I don't know if this is applicable for you as well but shared in case you can use this info to fast-track or move forward.
Basically Virtual Banking team will not give up on the account easily if there's a significant change in NRV or other business to the bank. They have to be chased down and ensure they approve the transition. Hoping this helps
Is there any way to virtual RM contact details?

I generally get emails every 2-3 months with the contact details of Virtual RM.
Else, HDFC Bank employees can see it from their end, even customer care

Back