• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC "Non Managed Virtual group" Delink process . Need help

Sri.yadav

TF Buzz
Hi All,

I am tyring to upgrade my account to Preferred Banking but its not happening because HDFC has linked my account under "Non Managed Virtual group" . I have checked with RM in my home branch but he is also clueless about this group and I am struggling to delink my account from this group . He is not able to trigger sms also for preferred banking due to this issue. I have drop email also , checked with customer care also but no use . Can somebody help me for this issue ??
And one more thing imperia banking logo is showing in my smart statement but I am not getting any imperia benefit . I have checked with customer care and they have confirmed that my account is not linked with any premier banking . Please check screenshot from my statement .
1683613029034.png

Are we on the right context @mad.technomaniac ?
Your account was tagged as "Non Managed V" under Account Type on the statement?
Asking because I felt this as a different one. Also I didn't receive any Virtual RM details.
That's what is told as the possible reason when my Imperia upgrade got delayed and also the manager of Virtual Relationship team called before approving the request, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

Just sharing my experience as well my immediate family members. As noted earlier, this is only to the best of my knowledge and may *not* be accurate. But if you've exhausted the basic options but still struggling with upgrading to a higher banking status, then this may be one of the possible reasons

Last edited:
That's what is told as the possible reason when my Imperia upgrade got delayed and also the manager of Virtual Relationship team called before approving the request, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

Just sharing my experience as well my immediate family members. As noted earlier, this is only to the best of my knowledge and may but be accurate. But if you've exhausted the basic options but still struggling with upgrading to a higher banking status, then this may be one of the possible reasons
Thanks for your inputs.
In our case smart statement shows Imperia and as Non Managed V.
Any update @Sri.yadav

Thanks for your inputs.
In our case smart statement shows Imperia and as Non Managed V.
Any update @Sri.yadav
Mine was 'Non Managed V' in past from what I recall but once we upgraded to Imperia through a RM at branch, it changed to the "Savings - Residents (113)" and I also see the name of the RM at the top right hand side.

I'm not able to access the old statements to verify because HDFC used to send SmartStatement (which is actually a link) instead of PDF attachments until we changed to Imperia. Only now are we getting PDF statements and I've attached a copy of what is looks like.

P.S: These are my assumptions based on my own experience and family members. Check previous comments for details

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-09-06-02-40-72_e5d3893ac03954c6bb675ef2555b879b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-09-06-02-40-72_e5d3893ac03954c6bb675ef2555b879b.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 34
today i contacted my branch to upgrade to classic banking, as i have 10k mab account, so no RM just talked to some random employ in branch,
he checked and told me your account is non managed, so we can't upgrade, first of all he didn't explain what is non managed, but still i asked how can i upgrade then, he said you have to wait for auto offer trigger.. (from the last 2 years i didn't even get LE offers and he is telling to wait for banking upgrade offer, which who knows how long it will take)
somehow it feels like he intentionally don't want to upgrade or something..

after going through this thread, i checked my statement but it clearly mentions "SAVINGS A/C - RESIDENT (100)"

Now, can someone tell me what's going on with my account, and how can i upgrade to classic/preferred.

update : i checked july statement "SAVINGS A/C - RESIDENT (100)" but when i downloaded current month statement it changed to NON MANAGED V

Last edited:
today i contacted my branch to upgrade to classic banking, as i have 10k mab account, so no RM just talked to some random employ in branch,
he checked and told me your account is non managed, so we can't upgrade, first of all he didn't explain what is non managed, but still i asked how can i upgrade then, he said you have to wait for auto offer trigger.. (from the last 2 years i didn't even get LE offers and he is telling to wait for banking upgrade offer, which who knows how long it will take)
somehow it feels like he intentionally don't want to upgrade or something..

after going through this thread, i checked my statement but it clearly mentions "SAVINGS A/C - RESIDENT (100)"

Now, can someone tell me what's going on with my account, and how can i upgrade to classic/preferred.

update : i checked july statement "SAVINGS A/C - RESIDENT (100)" but when i downloaded current month statement it changed to NON MANAGED V
Mail to hdfc. If you want then you can take help of mail format provided below.
(Subject) Issue with Upgrading Account to Preferred Banking - Account Categorized as NON MANAGED V

To: Grievance.Redressal@hdfcbank.com

Dear HDFC Bank Customer Service,
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding the categorization of my account as NON MANAGED V, which has hindered my ability to upgrade to Preferred Banking.

I have been a loyal customer of HDFC Bank for several years, and I have always valued the services provided by your esteemed institution. Recently, I decided to upgrade my account to Preferred Banking in order to avail myself of the enhanced features and benefits that come with this account type.

To my surprise, I discovered that my account has been categorized as NON MANAGED V, which has prevented me from proceeding with the account upgrade. I would like to understand the reason behind this categorization and kindly request
your assistance in rectifying this issue.

I believe there may have been a mistake or oversight in categorizing my account as NON MANAGED V. I have diligently maintained a healthy account balance, regularly utilized the banking services, and adhered to the terms and condition outlined by HDFC Bank. Therefore, I kindly request a thorough review of my account status and a correction of the
categorization.

Upgrading my account to Preferred Banking would greatly benefit me by providing access to a range of exclusive services, personalized support, and a seamless banking experience. I am confident that with your prompt attention and resolution, I will be able to enjoy the benefits of Preferred Banking and continue my banking relationship with HDFC Bank.

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with an update on the progress of resolving this issue at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone (provide your contact details) to discuss this matter further or to request any additional information that you may require.

DETAILS:
Account Holder: (Your Name)
CUSTOMER ID: (Your CUSTOMER ID)
Account Number: (Your Account Number)
IFSC: (Your IFSC)
Branch: (Your Branch Name)
Account Type: SAVING

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt resolution and a positive outcome.

Yours faithfully,
(Your name)

Mail to hdfc. If you want then you can take help of mail format provided below.

Anybody knows the meaning of HDFC account codes like (100), (115), (138), (193) etc.? I don't think the first descriptive part (like SAVINGS - RESIDENTS, SAVINGS A/C - RESIDENT, SAVINGS A/C - SB MAX, etc.) is always uniquely correlated to the number after it!

so i already mailed HDFC regarding removing NON managed V, so that branch people can proceed for classic/preferred upgrade

but for now can someone tell me how to contact this virtual RM, as i can't find details anywhere

What's the status now? Did they change it to normal account?
i mailed them several times but no resolution..

only branch people can fix that, but my rm and bm was dumb and dumber, they don't want to change it.. also they didn't bother to upgrade to classic or preferred even after asking them 4-5 times..

some days ago i just changed my branch, new branch's people said they will correct it and upgrade to preferred, lets see what happens..

only branch people can change it back to normal, they have to place a request from their side..

i mailed them several times but no resolution..

only branch people can fix that, but my rm and bm was dumb and dumber, they don't want to change it.. also they didn't bother to upgrade to classic or preferred even after asking them 4-5 times..

some days ago i just changed my branch, new branch's people said they will correct it and upgrade to preferred, lets see what happens..

only branch people can change it back to normal, they have to place a request from their side..
You should have raise a complaint against branch. That's that i did and it was solved within 2 weeks

You should have raise a complaint against branch. That's that i did and it was solved within 2 weeks
i did but nothing happened as final decision is from branch only, bm clearly told me we don't care about complains, and again told me to wait for a month..

i fed up with that branch and talked to different branch people, they easily agree to all my demands, i shifted my account to that branch some days ago..

they also agree for c2c application as i closed all my cards some days ago..

today talked to them, they initiated to remove NON Manged V and after that they will convert my account to preferred..

as far as i saw, 90% things can be resolved if branch people are supporting otherwise even if we try again and again nothing can be done..

my advice if home branch is not helping you all, even after asking them 2-3 times, talk to different branch people and tell them your issues..

Back