• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC online account opening stuck 😭

harshn

TF Buzz
After wasting time in 8 branches (all required cheque) of my city, I went for online process since i didn't have cheque.
I tried to open online account in HDFC but at last submit step showed "Error , Try again" ; no A/C no. , no cust ID generated, no video KYC option came, i tried again from start it showed "lead already generated".
Application status shows "under review".
Got email that lead generated Bank employee will contact.
WTF is HDFC online services is all about , now I know it is high on drugs.
Bigger problem I selected branch 30km from my home bcz of semi urban 5k Maintainence, they can't do home address verification in case of initial freeze or something 😭
Phonepe does not show HDFC A/C linked to my mobile no.
My query :
1.Can branch people not open my account through their traditional way now?
2.What if I leave this as it is ? Will they open my account automatically and deduct many charges and make it negative (if I leave it as it is)?
3.In above case How can i know generated account no.
4. Can I close/dismiss this application lead no generated ? Will this cause problem in future ? Like applying for HDFC CC in future ?
5. Where and how to complaint ?
6. Should I be afraid of selecting far away branch ? Will this get me into problem initially while verification etc ?
7. What if I wait for cheque to deliver then go, approx after 10 days , can this lead no expire ?
8. Even if somehow matter settles , how will I be sure that KYC is successful and A/C no. Generated, and no freeze problems in near future will arrive ?
9. Overall What should I do 😭 ?

Thankfully this selected branch ppl r helpful , other branches here strictly say go to hell if u opened online and KYC failed or error came. But this time I think first I should wait for cheque to arrive then go for KYC etc
I think I was trying to fill the form, edit it many(total 15-20) times from 5 days by entering OTP again and again everytime to get to that account opening form maybe that's y this happened.

Attachments

• IMG-20240926-WA0000.webp
    IMG-20240926-WA0000.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-20240927-WA0000.webp
    IMG-20240927-WA0000.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240927_003359.webp
    IMG_20240927_003359.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
After wasting time in 8 branches (all required cheque) of my city, I went for online process since i didn't have cheque.
I tried to open online account in HDFC but at last submit step showed "Error , Try again" ; no A/C no. , no cust ID generated, no video KYC option came, i tried again from start it showed "lead already generated".
Application status shows "under review".
Got email that lead generated Bank employee will contact.
WTF is HDFC online services is all about , now I know it is high on drugs.
Bigger problem I selected branch 30km from my home bcz of semi urban 5k Maintainence, they can't do home address verification in case of initial freeze or something 😭
Phonepe does not show HDFC A/C linked to my mobile no.
My query :
1.Can branch people not open my account through their traditional way now?
2.What if I leave this as it is ? Will they open my account automatically and deduct many charges and make it negative (if I leave it as it is)?
3.In above case How can i know generated account no.
4. Can I close/dismiss this application lead no generated ? Will this cause problem in future ? Like applying for HDFC CC in future ?
5. Where and how to complaint ?
6. Should I be afraid of selecting far away branch ? Will this get me into problem initially while verification etc ?
7. What if I wait for cheque to deliver then go, approx after 10 days , can this lead no expire ?
8. Overall What should I do 😭 ?

Thankfully this selected branch ppl r helpful , other branches here strictly say go to hell if u opened online and KYC failed or error came. But this time I think first I should wait for cheque to arrive then go for KYC etc
I think I was trying to fill the form many times from 5 days by entering OTP again and again to get to that account opening form maybe that's y this happened.
Simple answer:-
Account will not be opened till you provide any kyc docs or sign any docs. Just ignore all this.

Open a 0 bal account online like AU SFB, BoB Lite, etc. You will get a cheque book and use that to open account offline with HDFC.

Simple answer:-
Account will not be opened till you provide any kyc docs or sign any docs. Just ignore all this.

Open a 0 bal account online like AU SFB, BoB Lite, etc. You will get a cheque book and use that to open account offline with HDFC.
But I think branch ppl will not be able to open account now, since their backend system (bcz they open account through tab/mobile) will detect already submitted application.

It's a sign. The universe and the divine spirits 👻 are trying to save you from making a mistake of opening an account with HDFC 💀. Just listen to them and open an account in any other bank.
I also think so that in terms of tech, HDFC is living in the era of 90s even Canara , PNB , BoB , Union have better online account opening process, better app and net banking UI. And SBI better in tech than all.
But which other Bank for pre approved credit card offers ?
ICICI , AXIS deduct SMS charges and no option to turn off, other charges deducting AXIS is famous for it ,; maybe will open salary account in future in ICICI , also ICICI not opening Regular account online or through branch , in ICICI without debit card grid nothing much is possible 🤦🏻.
IDFC not good collection of CCs , many ppl faced freeze issues 🤦🏻 of savings account.
So still no options left.

Last edited:
Back