• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Hi,

I opened Savings Max online account in HDFC Bank in January this year, with the thought of holding a Credit Card from HDFC Bank for offers, etc. After ~3 months of usage, and maintaining 26-28k balance, Pre-Approved offers started popping up in NetBanking as well as through emails. Firstly it was 2 wheelers loan, then 4 wheelers, so on. Finally started getting HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card offer as well, it had yearly charges, later I started getting conditional LTF. Now, I keep emails from them daily regarding a LTF Credit Card which is MoneyBack+, thought I'd get Millenia, if it was given as LTF, BTW I do have SBI Cashback Credit Card. Anyways, attaching some screenshots below. My question is that —

1. Should I avail the MoneyBack+ Card only? They say limit up-to 40,000 INR most of the time.
  2. Or should I wait in hope for Millenia as LTF? If they provide it as Pre-Approved that is.
  3. I also have SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card with 1L limit, which was recently increased so don't have more than one statement reflecting the same, should I try C2C for HDFC Millenia Credit Card as LTF?
  4. And finally, since my account is Savings Max, I am supposed to maintain 25,000 INR MAB, but for some reason the same isn't reflected in the NetBanking, and so can I use the fund at times?
Thanks in advance.

1685439737457.png

Attachments

• 1685439265875.png
    1685439265875.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 378
  • 1685439495676.png
    1685439495676.png
    49 KB · Views: 365
  • 1685439532683.png
    1685439532683.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 1685439617899.jpeg
    1685439617899.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 367

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1698090669781.png
Got this same email on a friends account but this is not LTF in card selection page it shows annual fee waived of on spending xxx amount. Definition of LTF is different in hdfc's eyes. We have to complain to RBI for these misleading emails.
Understand but mine is definitely LTF, I checked this about 2 months ago and I got this offer about 2.5 months ago..
Because I am checking every week , it is not giving me a better offer ..
It keeps extending for the last 2.5 months and hence stopped checking inside..
and I don’t want to check inside until I get 5L limit

Understand but mine is definitely LTF, I checked this about 2 months ago and I got this offer about 2.5 months ago..
My friend and you both received same emails but you are saying that yours is LTF. Can you share a screenshot of card selection page where it shows LTF without spending criteria. My NRV is pretty high with hdfc but still i am using a paid card.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I already wasted about 3 months of precious time by checking inside the offer every week.
My view is we should not check the offer and aggressive in spending and pay other CCs via HDFC BillPay and open other types of account relationships and never take the first card until you get the offer you want..
This is how we need to play this HDFC CC game

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My friend and you both received same emails but you are saying that yours is LTF. Can you share a screenshot of card selection page where it shows LTF without spending criteria. My NRV is pretty high with hdfc but still i am using a paid card.
I am receiving this emails for the last 2.5 months . every time they are extending by 10 days..
I already mentioned in the above posts, I won’t go into card selection again for the next 3 to 6 months.
This is the mistake we do.

Suggest to wait for some time. Initially they'll offer paid card and later they'll give LTF if you don't accept paid card.

Keep doing things as suggested by SSV.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-07-19-14-31-896_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-07-19-14-31-896_com.android.chrome.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 70

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They are just offering trash cards. Shoppers stop swiggy hdfc rupay moneyback lol😂.

Anyway not at all interested. Would take it as a floater. Have better cards in wallet 😁
Correct.. it is what it is..
It is system based. They are not doing anything manually targeting you or me..
Their system is playing a game, we need to play our game