• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Hi,

I opened Savings Max online account in HDFC Bank in January this year, with the thought of holding a Credit Card from HDFC Bank for offers, etc. After ~3 months of usage, and maintaining 26-28k balance, Pre-Approved offers started popping up in NetBanking as well as through emails. Firstly it was 2 wheelers loan, then 4 wheelers, so on. Finally started getting HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card offer as well, it had yearly charges, later I started getting conditional LTF. Now, I keep emails from them daily regarding a LTF Credit Card which is MoneyBack+, thought I'd get Millenia, if it was given as LTF, BTW I do have SBI Cashback Credit Card. Anyways, attaching some screenshots below. My question is that —

1. Should I avail the MoneyBack+ Card only? They say limit up-to 40,000 INR most of the time.
  2. Or should I wait in hope for Millenia as LTF? If they provide it as Pre-Approved that is.
  3. I also have SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card with 1L limit, which was recently increased so don't have more than one statement reflecting the same, should I try C2C for HDFC Millenia Credit Card as LTF?
  4. And finally, since my account is Savings Max, I am supposed to maintain 25,000 INR MAB, but for some reason the same isn't reflected in the NetBanking, and so can I use the fund at times?
Thanks in advance.

1685439737457.png

Attachments

• 1685439265875.png
    1685439265875.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 1685439495676.png
    1685439495676.png
    49 KB · Views: 366
  • 1685439532683.png
    1685439532683.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 376
  • 1685439617899.jpeg
    1685439617899.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 368

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You have Imperia Relationship. Go through your branch via RM and they'll get that for you if they value your relationship. Also, don't use ICICI cards for C2C, use any other card for C2C with ≥5L and you'll be mostly good to go.

Else, you can continue to play your long waiting game. 😀
I will consider C2C once when my 3 month old Amex card breaches 5 L.. which could also takes minimum of another 3 months

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
What I gather in general, via c2c thru branch there is no guarantee that the the same variant with matching CL will be approved .. the worse part is they will approve MB without our consent..

So no c2c route for me as we don’t know what we get..

I will wait for my turn to get my pre approved DCB metal .. 6 months already waited and I have another 6 months to wait for.

Thanks for the suggestion..
Why not Infinia 😭

Akashn

TF Ace
What I gather in general, via c2c thru branch there is no guarantee that the the same variant with matching CL will be approved .. the worse part is they will approve MB without our consent..

So no c2c route for me as we don’t know what we get..

I will wait for my turn to get my pre approved DCB metal .. 6 months already waited and I have another 6 months to wait for.

Thanks for the suggestion..
I don't think they'll offer dcb metal as pre approved offer 😅

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Else, you can continue to play your long waiting game
I don't think they'll offer dcb metal as pre approved offer 😅
See, I don’t have any urgency to get HDFC card mainly because of:

1) I have other cards like Axis, SBI , ICICI and Amex to fulfill my current online shopping needs

2) Anyway these days HDFC is not part of BBD sales. This is when I spend about 2/3 of my planned online spends for the year.

3) As you know it is really a cumbersome job to get Infinia if we start with a lower variant especially when we don’t meet ITR criteria..

So, I need to start with at least regalia gold with a minimum of 5 to 6 lakhs CL..

This way it is much shorter journey than regular route..
So I prefer my own waiting game ( in your eyes long waiting game, in my eyes overall shorter waiting game)…

My issue is , I have a reduced ITR these days because I reduced the working hours, otherwise it would have been direct Infinia based on ITR..

Last edited:

Akashn

TF Ace
See, I don’t have any urgency to get HDFC card mainly because of:

1) I have other cards like Axis, SBI , ICICI and Amex to fulfill my current online shopping needs

2) Anyway these days HDFC is not part of BBD sales. This is when I spend about 2/3 of my planned online spends for the year.

3) As you know it is really a cumbersome job to get Infinia if we start with a lower variant especially when we don’t meet ITR criteria..

So, I need to start with at at least regalia gold with a minimum of 5 to 6 lakhs CL..

This way it is much shorter journey than regular route..
So I prefer my own waiting game ( in your eyes long waiting game, in my eyes overall shorter waiting game)…

My issue is , I have a reduced ITR these days because I reduced the working hours, otherwise it would have been direct Infinia based on ITR..
I am just saying they won't give dcb metal as pre approved card.. you can wait as long as you want 😅

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am just saying they won't give dcb metal as pre approved card.. you can wait as long as you want 😅
I understand what you said.. in your view they won’t give DCB pre approved.. fair enough..
I am explaining my strategy based on my personal circumstances so that anyone who is like me, can benefit in future if I succeed here

Last edited:

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Just want to share my experience:
Got rejected for HDFC/Axis CC over the 4 years. So finally this year June I opened HDFC max savings account. Kept 2L balance and moved all transactions to HDFC debit card. Used smart pay for utilities bill payment. Used Payzap for UPI.

Started getting money+ ltf offers in September. I ignored it. From October started getting offers for paid millenia, ignored that as well. Then Millennia conditional ltf, skipped this as well. Then last week got offer for millennia ltf with 1L limit. On application form it clearly mentioned "No charges , renewal fees". So I applied and got Insta e card within 10hrs. card was delivered in 4 days. I have emailed customer care to confirm card is ltf.

So key is patience and moving most transactions to HDFC.

Also, what I observed is that first time when I opened link on my phone it was showing as ltf but I couldn't complete the application and thought I will do it later. I opened same link after 1 hour on my laptop and now it was showing conditional ltf i.e. fee waiver on 1L spend. So I did not proceed. I was confused how this happened. I tried again on phone but again conditional ltf. Then I used different browser and this time it was unconditional ltf. I took screenshot and applied. So this whole process of ltf seems bit random.
So, I mostly use PayZapp for UPI transactions, and HDFC DC for credit card bill payments only. Where did you get this truly LTF offer? Through email? And if possible, can you show the email, curious how it looks like :p

shrewdoc

TF Ace
After numerous emails about Moneyback+ CC, they started showing Millennia recently (yet again) with upto 1,03,000 INR limit. It's coming as paid right now, despite the emails saying it's LTF. I guess I gotta stop showing my desperation to them. Oh, I just realized it says meeting card spents criteria, let's see if I have proper LTF soon

1701925076473.png

1701925086028.png

Take the card if you want, it's still a decent card. You can get upto 5-7% statement cashback per month.

Yearly 1L spend threshold for fee waiver is easily achievable, considering the new lounge criteria threshold is spend of 1L/quarter for 1 access/quarter.

edm

TF Buzz
i have hdfc classic account but always get business moneyback credit card and i have closed same card twice in 2022 and 2023
what should i do to get good card

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
i have hdfc classic account but always get business moneyback credit card and i have closed same card twice in 2022 and 2023
what should i do to get good card
You should first change the profile on HDFC Account. Show yourself as Salaried instead of Self employed to get good cards. You can change it easily via NetBanking.

After changing, wait for 2-3 months to see the Change in offers. If its still the same, then send a mail to their priority support that you are a salaried individual (as per your profile) and hence need regular card instead of business card.

edm

TF Buzz
You should first change the profile on HDFC Account. Show yourself as Salaried instead of Self employed to get good cards. You can change it easily via NetBanking.

After changing, wait for 2-3 months to see the Change in offers. If its still the same, then send a mail to their priority support that you are a salaried individual (as per your profile) and hence need regular card instead of business
while filling form for new credit what should i fill as self employed or salaried