• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Regalia/Millennia/Regalia First Lounge Access Update

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Important update on Lounge Access via HDFC Credit Cards from December 1st, 2023.
HDFC Regalia First
  1. Effective December 1st, 2023, Complimentary lounge access at lounges within and outside India can no longer be availed on Regalia First Card.
HDFC Millennia
  1. To Access Domestic Lounges you need to spend Rs 1 lac in a quarter.
  2. The number of domestic lounge visits on HDFC Millennia reduced to 1 from 2 per quarter
HDFC Regalia
  2. No condition is applicable for International Lounge access using PP issued with HDFC Regalia
HDFC Regalia Gold
  1. No changes were made.
Looks like another attempt by HDFC Bank to pocket annual fees by making people upgrade to Regalia Gold who are holding LTF HDFC Regalia and HDFC Millennia.
F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg

Attachments

• F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg
    F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Akashn

TF Ace
Important update on Lounge Access via HDFC Credit Cards from December 1st, 2023.
HDFC Regalia First
  1. Effective December 1st, 2023, Complimentary lounge access at lounges within and outside India can no longer be availed on Regalia First Card.
HDFC Millennia
  2. The number of domestic lounge visits on HDFC Millennia reduced to 1 from 2 per quarter
HDFC Regalia
  2. No condition is applicable for International Lounge access using PP issued with HDFC Regalia
HDFC Regalia Gold
  1. No changes were made.

Lo F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg
LoL ..And For Millennia DC we need to spend 5K .. HDFC 🤡

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Thanks HDFC for at least attempting to decongest Lounges.
The most irritating part about lounges are people who open their card collection and start swiping all their cards hoping one would work. Hope it stops now!
No it won't. As DCs have ₹5000/Quarter spend threshold to access lounges.

Ideally to declutter, ₹15-20k/Quarter threshold should be set for DCs and other CCs.

Just what I think.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
This is just the beginning. They are just easing into the removal of the benefit altogether. All non-premium debit/credit cards will soon not have any complimentary lounge access. Just like how it was before. After COVID-19, air travel has picked up quite a lot and there is no way banks will continue to pay out of pocket for premium experiences for their entry-level products.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
People who are kinda upset or salty, i just have a question for you. If you think any card with less than 3k fees is a premium card and should be entitled to multiple lounge accesses per quarter and other fancy features like BOGO 200-300 once/twice a month then you're being unrealistic

Higher fees should make the card feel more premium and not make the cardholder feel that they have wasted money when compared to a Millenia or Cashback card

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Those are pretty much normal expenses.
Yeah, for some. But people just don't have only one card with them in this era. Even if per card threshold is set to ₹20k, there would be a significant declutter at lounges, is what I believe. But this requires all card issuers to implement this.

Lounge Access should be a lifestyle benefit and I appreciate HDFC for implementing that, but ₹1L is an overkill. It should have been ₹50-75k I think.

Or they should increase the maximum cashback to ₹1500 on Millennia per statement cycle. This current combination just doesn't make any sense.

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dcb should not join the list soon since it has 10k + gst charges. Rest be assured other banks will follows too.

First kotak spend 60k in the last quarter, now hdfc 100k in fhe last quarter
HDFC is offering paid upgrade to the metal DCB. And since mainly those who have plastic LTF would be hesitant in taking the paid upgrade, they will definitely bring it

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
₹1L is an overkill. It should have been ₹50-75k I think.

Or they should increase the maximum cashback to ₹1500 on Millennia per statement cycle
Agreed. 1k fee for such low accelerated RP cap. And this is also when they don't give RPs on instant disount and other offers, is quite bad. Reducing 2/qtr to 1 itself is significant.