• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Regalia/Millennia/Regalia First Lounge Access Update

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Important update on Lounge Access via HDFC Credit Cards from December 1st, 2023.
HDFC Regalia First
  1. Effective December 1st, 2023, Complimentary lounge access at lounges within and outside India can no longer be availed on Regalia First Card.
HDFC Millennia
  1. To Access Domestic Lounges you need to spend Rs 1 lac in a quarter.
  2. The number of domestic lounge visits on HDFC Millennia reduced to 1 from 2 per quarter
HDFC Regalia
  1. To Access Domestic Lounges you need to spend Rs 1 lac in a quarter.
  2. No condition is applicable for International Lounge access using PP issued with HDFC Regalia
HDFC Regalia Gold
  1. No changes were made.
Looks like another attempt by HDFC Bank to pocket annual fees by making people upgrade to Regalia Gold who are holding LTF HDFC Regalia and HDFC Millennia.
F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg

Attachments

• F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg
    F9tfrKaWwAAdQB-.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Akashn

TF Ace
People who are kinda upset or salty, i just have a question for you. If you think any card with less than 3k fees is a premium card and should be entitled to multiple lounge accesses per quarter and other fancy features like BOGO 200-300 once/twice a month then you're being unrealistic

Higher fees should make the card feel more premium and not make the cardholder feel that they have wasted money when compared to a Millenia or Cashback card
People on TF and other such forum will find some other way :D

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Yeah, for some. But people just don't have only one card with them in this era. Even if per card threshold is set to ₹20k, there would be a significant declutter at lounges, is what I believe. But this requires all card issuers to implement this.

Lounge Access should be a lifestyle benefit and I appreciate HDFC for implementing that, but ₹1L is an overkill. It should have been ₹50-75k I think.

Or they should increase the maximum cashback to ₹1500 on Millennia per statement cycle. This current combination just doesn't make any sense.
Yes. 1L/Quarter seems like a big leap from the rest but look at the competition. SBI Cashback has lost that benefit altogether. I'm surprised they're offering this benefit for a card with a fee of Rs.1000/annum. Also, when the annual fee waiver is itself set at 1L/year. Essentially, it is like offering lounge access on an LTF card.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Screenshot_2023-10-31-11-30-44-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
They changed the way instead of removing it completely.
1L is too much .

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
People who are kinda upset or salty, i just have a question for you. If you think any card with less than 3k fees is a premium card and should be entitled to multiple lounge accesses per quarter and other fancy features like BOGO 200-300 once/twice a month then you're being unrealistic

Higher fees should make the card feel more premium and not make the cardholder feel that they have wasted money when compared to a Millenia or Cashback card
even sapphiro shoulndt be called a premium card becuase it is given LTF as peanuts and it also has had a spend based lounge usage since a long time

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Removal and decreasing the lounge visits or any other benefit devaluation is wrong from bank side....

They should always attach some spend criteria to avail those benefits..
why?
a card which has a USP of cashback why should it have a lounge access attached to it?
the bank can always provide a travel cc or a premium cc to him based on his credit profile and relation.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Screenshot_2023-10-31-11-30-44-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
They changed the way instead of removing it completely.
1L is too much .
Since this new devaluation will be implemented from dec 23 , currently millennia don't have lounge access right since they removed it from Oct 1st ?

Enthusiast

TF Premier
why?
a card which has a USP of cashback why should it have a lounge access attached to it?
the bank can always provide a travel cc or a premium cc to him based on his credit profile and relation.
When we apply for a card, we will go through a lot of details and sometimes lot of following up and everything...only because of the benefits it offer... Once they started a card with such benefits, they should not remove them, only spend criteria is a right way to go... give & take policy (Barter)...

Either Lifestyle or cashback or any such card...

shubham393

TF Buzz
So, for aam aadmi, this expenditure requirement in previous quarter or calendar month is basically asking the card owner to book flights using the cards on which they can get longer access. But 1 lac limit is too much on HDFC CC.

What's next? Limit on DCB plastic, spend 5lac in previous quarter to get lounge access?

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
Just wondering IF HDFC changed this spend based Lounge access to only PAID card lounge access (No Lounge access for LTF Card Holders)

Kis tarah ka BAWAL hoga is thread me :ROFLMAO:
They actually want to move people from LTF to paid cards.
Surprisingly, until today, i was getting a upgrade from regalia to millenia, now getting upgrade to regalia gold.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
When we apply for a card, we will go through a lot of details and sometimes lot of following up and everything...only because of the benefits it offer... Once they started a card with such benefits, they should not remove them, only spend criteria is a right way to go... give & take policy (Barter)...

Either Lifestyle or cashback or any such card...
only 5-10% poeple go through and forth
otherwise the rest when hearing the benfits they just take up the card and dont spend anything and only use it for lounge access
so according to your analogy this is give and take
you give us 1L worth of spends and take lounge access
earlier it was only one sided