• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC RUPAY UPI CREDIT CARD

I have the offer on my MyCard App. Virtual card... If you have Tata Neu if you use their services, or Regalia Rupay would make a lot more sense than this one. Seems to be nothing special about the card other than that it can be used for UPI payments.
I have Regalia as a Mastercard on LTF basis and HDFC flat out refused to convert it to Rupay 🙃 . I don't use much of Tata services but my Mom already has her Neu Infinity LTF. I was being given that card on FYF basis and just wanted one Rupay card for my use. This card is FYF and next year onwards 250 some odd. Considering my use case, wherein 8/9 cards are LTF, I didn't mind going for this one. If this card becomes redundant by next year, I'll close it before they can charge me 😄

Nothing is permanent in nature.
sbi cabjack. axis ace. etc. but bhagte bhot ki langot hi sahi
hahaha true,
well obv, but abuse/misuse will make that bhoot run faster and langot smaller. example Sbi Cashback was bound to be devalued but that date became too early due to abuse, rent payment got rewardless & then charged due to abuse, axis ace devalued due to abuse, gift card got rewardless on some platfroms, axis fllpkart devalued, so on and so forth... sone ke ande dene wali murgi ko ek baar me hi kaat ke saare ande nikal lenge hum to sab cheez se haath dho baithenge...

Last edited:
Flipkart, Makemytrip, Croma supported RuPay credit card for EMI transactions and i think Samsung too.
didnt tried on other platforms, (my) no major use apart from spending on amazon & Flipkart.

Why devaluation ? Phonepe charging 2.26% MDR on UPI-credit card payment acceptance, Bharatpe announed they will charge 1.75% MDR for UPI-credit card payment acceptance. Only transaction under Rs2000 is free for small merchants.
soon credit card-upi transactions will surpass and will very soon become 2-3x of online creditcard transactions making it un-viable for banks to give cashbacks/rewards more than or equal to their costing+profit per transaction/MDR on rupay-upi transactions.

Someone told me that transaction done via rupay cannot be paid in EMIs at merchant. IDK if its fully true, but my rupay also didnt show emi option on merchant (amazon).
Just leting you know so that you can take a more informed decision.
Thank you. I never do EMI transactions on credit card - always pay in full. Even though these days some cards are giving discounts for EMI transactions, I still avoid them. I would rather take a smaller discount or even full price on a pay-in-full transaction.

wait for the day when all UPI transactions become zero reward transactions, they(banks) just have to issue a notification of devaluation. But very low probability of devaluation for these kind of UPI-Rupay USP Cards. Enjoy rewards till then.
I don't mind!

The little drops of interest you save by charging your small UPI spends on the credit card add up. It's worth it just not to clutter your bank account statement with hundreds of little transactions each month.

This cluttering began when cash was replaced by UPI, and putting UPI transactions on credit card sorts it out. With cash, you lose interest when you withdraw (which is before purchase), with UPI-on-bank you lose interest when you purchase (fair deal, but have fun with your a ten-page bank statement for each month), and only when you pay the credit card bill with UPI-on-credit card.

Thank you. I never do EMI transactions on credit card - always pay in full. Even though these days some cards are giving discounts for EMI transactions, I still avoid them. I would rather take a smaller discount or even full price on a pay-in-full transaction.
Recently, BOB, ICICI and Axis, HDFC credit cards of some people got closed because they are misuse EMI discount offers, they are canceling the EMI transactions, after EMI discount amount paid.

Update - Just called CC and they told me the last 4 digit of the card.

Added the rupay card to MyCards.

Yes this is the only way to get the card details. Got the last 4 digit by calling Customer care.
I started randomly entering from 99 backwards, and in just a few guess, got my card pin generated by calling ivr and set my upi pin. But my payment is not going through , I'm getting bank limit exceeded error on the first transaction also

On clicking that button, it asks for DOB then redirects to another site. There it asks for 4 digits, expiry date and PIN. How did you manage it

yes you need enter hdfc net banking or input debit card details to reveal the hdfc upi bin no 16 digit and exp date and cvv no.

Then login your hdfc account in hdfc net banking in click to cards section and click credit card and then register a new credit card
enter rupay card details and your upi card will be added.

then open hdfc banking mobile app then card section select upi card and set card the pin.

go to paytm or gpay add upi card enter last six digit with exp date.
first they ask for card pin enter the card pin as you set in hdfc mobile pay and ask for set a new upi pin l, enter the pin then your upi pin is successfully registered.

now you scan merchant code in store and pay in hdfc rupay upi credit card.

₹₹₹₹₹ FINAL BEST SOLUTION ₹₹₹₹₹
Logged into mycards hdfc and added credit card with the last 2 digits(00) found in bhim app and as we need last 4 digits I just started from 0100,0200,0300…etc in few tries I got my card added in mycards hdfc. And got all the cards details(card number, cvv,expiration) after authenticating with DOB, netbanking login and OTP.

yes you need enter hdfc net banking or input debit card details to reveal the hdfc upi bin no 16 digit and exp date and cvv no.

Then login your hdfc account in hdfc net banking in click to cards section and click credit card and then register a new credit card
enter rupay card details and your upi card will be added.

then open hdfc banking mobile app then card section select upi card and set card the pin.

go to paytm or gpay add upi card enter last six digit with exp date.
first they ask for card pin enter the card pin as you set in hdfc mobile pay and ask for set a new upi pin l, enter the pin then your upi pin is successfully registered.

now you scan merchant code in store and pay in hdfc rupay upi credit card.
Thanks. I could do it yesterday by inputting my existing credit card details. It seems to be for verification only. Also, setting pin via mobile banking works for existing HDFC bank customers. But I don't have an account with HDFC so had to resort to using IVR for setting PIN.

Update - Just called CC and they told me the last 4 digit of the card.

Added the rupay card to MyCards.

Yes this is the only way to get the card details. Got the last 4 digit by calling Customer care.
CC wasn't able to even track reference number. I managed to know other 2 digits by entering numbers.. fortunately, those two numbers lies between 00-09 only.. so very few attempts added the card.. now I know 4 digits.. will add this card and try generating new PIN

I got the Apply now offer again on the my cards page and I did so. Also I verified using the net banking and all. Now it says “physical card will be delivered to your address”???
Is it like a normal application and will be accepted at their mercy? or is it like an assured thing that I’ll getting the card for sure?
This is a virtual card right? don't think they will be sending a physical card.
I was too facing issues while generating a pin for the tata neu infinity card, had to wait for physical card delivery for pin generation.

I got the offer for the in MyCards app for HDFC Rupay UPI cc and it showed it will share the limit of existing Millenia Diners Club card, so I applied and it showed the card will appear in 24 hours.

It's more than 2-3 days the HDFC Rupay UPI cc is not showing, not I got any update after that through the mail or SMS. It is showing in Payzap app, but couldn't set UPI pin as I don't have last six digits of the card.

What should I do now ?
As i talk to customer care regarding this they said it will take T+2 working days to get card on my cards portal but I am not sure about them as when i request for credit card thay said u will able to apply for it after 10 working days but it is litterly take 24 days to get that apply banner so getting virtual credit details will also can take 4-5 days probably

CC wasn't able to even track reference number. I managed to know other 2 digits by entering numbers.. fortunately, those two numbers lies between 00-09 only.. so very few attempts added the card.. now I know 4 digits.. will add this card and try generating new PIN
Unable to pay merchants.. set pin, updated card usage & limits, also set UPI pin.. hdfc netbanking shows card is still inactive.. confused

Back