• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc saving max account

I want to know you experience with hdfc saving max account
I'm currently using indie account with 50k maq but I can't use asba there so wanted a good account for investment
Hdfc seems good although interst rate is low but saving max has fre debit card which I can use to pay cc bill (for my dad)
Does hdfc provide any ltf credit cards with this account ?
Or is there any other account you recommend I can keep 50k mab

Overall the experience is good.
1) MAB - 25k
2) By default Free Platinum debit card - 1% Cashback for cc payments or can also avail Millennia Debit card - 2.5% cashback on cc or 1% on wallet loads
3) Pre-approved cc offers
4) No freeze issues
5) New account opening offers and rewards

Reactions: SSV
My hdfc saving max account mab is 25k and I think 25k is mab for everyone.
Either 25k balance or 1.5l fd
I opted fd
I'm currently using indie account with 50k maq but I can't use asba there so wanted a good account for investment
Hdfc seems good although interst rate is low but saving max has fre debit card which I can use to pay cc bill (for my dad)
25k balance wont promise any ltf card with good limit
Even after having savings max account and fd i applied ltf Regalia card offline by salary criteria

All the information you want is already readily available, only thing required of you is to use the magnifying glass 🔍. There was no need to create another thread.

Nonetheless, if possible, I recommend straightaway entering the Classic Banking programme with a cheque of 1 lakh.

This gives you a 25k Savings Max with free debit card just like it would normally, but, being in the programme, you essentially get a zero balance account. They may downgrade you back to your account level (SBMAX) but until they do, you have a zero balance account.

Eligibility and offers for credit cards are a whole different beast altogether with a logic that defies all logic you could possibly apply.

Hdfc savings account by far one of the best savings account out there. They don't charge for anything in this account and all you gotta do is either maintain 25k as balance or 1.5lac as FD. You should opt for FD route though.

In future you can ask your branch for family banking and upgrade your account to classic. Good thing is you can open upto 8 family members account under this program and you will have to maintain 1 lakh combined balance of alla accounts.

LTF is might be not possible unless if you are a corporate employee.

There is no difference of account variant in HDFC, everyone gives proper response for every query.

I think Max SA variant just offers free dc, personal accident insurance.

If you have good income and no credit history, then hdfc will give high variant card with high limit. If not same don't hope on HDFC.

All the information you want is already readily available, only thing required of you is to use the magnifying glass 🔍. There was no need to create another thread.
Agreed,
OP kindly delete this thread and post your query-if any in relevant thread.

Last edited:
Is it a normal FD, like created online using Net Banking, or you had to enable sweep-in facility for it? I had read somewhere that a simple FD wouldn't give you 0 MAB, rather it should be a sweep-in FD linked to the account.
In my case its a normal fd done in my app
I made it on auto renewal i mean no maturity
Issue with auto renewal if we break it anytime some preclosure % there
Post fd for many years my balance is less than 10k so far no charges i got

In my case its a normal fd done in my app
I made it on auto renewal i mean no maturity
Issue with auto renewal if we break it anytime some preclosure % there
Post fd for many years my balance is less than 10k so far no charges i got
Thanks for confirming, bro! I was on the fence about opening my mother's account in HDFC due to this reason. If that's the case, I'll open a savings max account for my mother and deposit more than 1.5L in FD.

Hdfc savings account by far one of the best savings account out there. They don't charge for anything in this account and all you gotta do is either maintain 25k as balance or 1.5lac as FD. You should opt for FD route though.

In future you can ask your branch for family banking and upgrade your account to classic. Good thing is you can open upto 8 family members account under this program and you will have to maintain 1 lakh combined balance of alla accounts.

i think they do charge for IMPS.

Back